Official Warriors Off Season Thread

I'd like to get Odom if we are going to trade him to the hated Lakers....
if Baron leaves and we are short of a PG, then, Hinrich becomes a definite option despite the contract-although that still kind of scares me a bit..

I can't imagine watching without Baron.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by ness

frown.gif
we couldn't imagine watching the warriors w/o j-rich, but...we did.the team is greater than the players on it. baron did a lot here and will beappreciated for the 07 playoffs, but if he doesn't want to be here because of the money, then...@*%+ Baron Davis. i understand he's mad at management,but as a fan i can move on without him.

Originally Posted by acidicality

frown.gif
we couldn't imagine watching the warriors w/o j-rich, but...we did.the team is greater than the players on it. baron did a lot here and will be appreciated for the 07 playoffs, but if he doesn't want to be here because of the money, then...@*%+ Baron Davis. i understand he's mad at management, but as a fan i can move on without him.

Agreed. I'm actually kinda mad at how Baron handled this and pretty much want him gone at this point. It wasn't that he opted out, but the way ithappened. Waiting till after the exception expired, making it seem like a done deal that he wasn't going to opt, then hella quietly putting his papers inand opting out pretty much at the deadline. I'm a fan of the WARRIORS not Baron Davis. He wants to act like that, then kick rocks and bounce. Besides,if he leaves than maybe he can take those bandwagon hoppers with him.

frown.gif
we couldn't imagine watching the warriors w/o j-rich, but...we did.the team is greater than the players on it. baron did a lot here and will be appreciated for the 07 playoffs, but if he doesn't want to be here because of the money, then...@*%+ Baron Davis. i understand he's mad at management, but as a fan i can move on without him.

Yeah, the players on the team will eventually change over the years, but I'll still be a fan of the Warriors. Like acid said, as fans, we have to move on without him.

he left a team before in new orleans, so this isn't new to baron davis

what did new orleans do? draft chris paul and they are extremely well better off.

things work out it all depends on how smart your GM is

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

frown.gif

Yeah, the players on the team will eventually change over the years, but I'll still be a fan of the Warriors. Like acid said, as fans, we have to move on without him.

i'll tell you one thing, it'd be much easier to see no baron than it was to see no jrich. hell, i'd be sadder to see azubuike and POB leave theteam and play well elsewhere. i love the homegrown warriors. baron was great. he led us to the playoffs and came up big. much appreciated. but he isn'tabout the warriors. he's lookin out for himself and that's cool-- he can do it somewhere else.

This type of strangeness is nothing new in WarriorLand.

I still don't understand how this is a jerk move on Baron's part. Imma still be a Warrior fan with or w/o BD but I'm gonna side with Baron on thisone.

IMO Baron has done everything that has been asked for him and more for this franchise. He's done all this with very little praise and acknowledgment fromthe front office. If you worked your %%% off for a company and they didn't acknowledge your work, what incentive do you have to stay there? And whyshouldn't Baron look out for himself?

So, in the past two years, W's LOST the HEART of the team, which is PRICELESS. You can't buy HEART. The players who was most down for the organizationare now both gone. @*%$ YOU NELLIE. So, NOW you know WHY I MADE IT A BIG DEAL WHEN BARON WAS BENCHED. The Warriors HEART has just been ripped out COMPLETELY.

How hard is it to move on without Baron? VERY HARD, well for me personally. He was our leader. He was everything.

Yeah, I hated it when Nellie benched Baron at the end of the season. It was a selfish move by Nellie. You don't make a statement like that on Game 81 ofthe season.
smh.gif

Originally Posted by EG47

This type of strangeness is nothing new in WarriorLand.

I still don't understand how this is a jerk move on Baron's part. Imma still be a Warrior fan with or w/o BD but I'm gonna side with Baron on this one.

IMO Baron has done everything that has been asked for him and more for this franchise. He's done all this with very little praise and acknowledgment from the front office. If you worked your %%% off for a company and they didn't acknowledge your work, what incentive do you have to stay there? And why shouldn't Baron look out for himself?

Everything that has been asked? He had a great half season when he was first traded here, came into the next season out of shape thinking he could justplay his way into shape, and promptly got hurt leading the Warriors to another dissappointing season. He then got hurt AGAIN the next season, but played his$++ of the last half of the year when he came back and led the team to that great playoff run. Then this year he finally plays a full season and plays up tohis potential, but seemingly ran out of gas at the end. Lets not act like he brought us championships or anything. He did what he was supposed to forbasically a combined two seasons, played only 1 injury free year, and now we're supposed to break the bank for him? Please.
Also, like i said beforeits not simply that he opted out that peeves me. I understand that he has that right and i don't fault him for using it. The way it was handled irked me. The doing it after the trade exception expired, with no warning, at the last minute, after all reports from his agent said that there was no way he was gonnaopt out. Those circumstances don't sit quite right with me.

I'm just disappointed at Baron (his agent mainly) at how he handled this. Warriors and his agent BARELY had any real negotiation between them. Just becausehe didn't like the initial offering that came like the end of the season, he had to put this last min decision to raise the stakes. I don't see himeven trying to work out the difference here. It's like telling us give me my way or forget about it, I don't want to even bother with you guys no moretype of attitude.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

I'm taking this much better than J-Rich getting traded...J-Rich represented the franchise way more to me than Baron ever did.
This is definitely really, really unexpected, but I'm ready to move on for life w/o Baron, I'm just hoping for a nice S+T deal where we get niceplayers back.
If Baron comes back...I'm down with that too. Just hopefully it's not an expensive deal like people have mentioned already here.

and definitely, this makes our off-season much more exciting.

and you all should know...baron is not going to get cheers if he isn't in a warrior uniform next year.

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

I KNOW the diehards feel there HEART has just been ripped out. Im not taking this good at all.

nah count this diehard outta your umbrella.

disappointed? annoyed? very much so.

heart?? no..
ohwell.gif

it was a jerk move because the 10 million dollar trade exception had expired meaning we couldnt use it....
for example if we knew he was going to do it we could have done something like this...
10 mil TE for Marcus Camby
Baron for draft picks, Melo...

Originally Posted by offbad

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

I KNOW the diehards feel there HEART has just been ripped out. Im not taking this good at all.

nah count this diehard outta your umbrella.

disappointed? annoyed? very much so.

heart?? no..
ohwell.gif

My thoughts exactly.

I want to let Monta take over the 1, Monta Iggy Randolph Wright Biedrins with Jax off the bench?
roll.gif
Or better yet Al + filler for kobe.

the new deal is Al+filler+Baron for _____
laugh.gif

i actually like the options we have. we can get some REAL nice players in return.

Back
Top Bottom