Official "When did MJ wear those??" post and FAQs!!

Tinker Hatfield posted a "Ask Me Anything" thread on Reddit this past Sunday. He answered some sneaker questions.

I asked if the OG Grape 5 was inspired by the Charlotte Hornets and he said he didn't know. 🤣

Guess, I gotta ask MJ.

****, I REALLY wish you would've asked him why the Air Jordan 4, is SO BUTCHERED NOW. Hell, why do retros decrease in height, and change in shape, in general.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l

Last edited:

****, I REALLY wish you would've asked him why the Air Jordan 4, is SO BUTCHERED NOW. Hell, why do retros have decrease in height, and change in shape, in general.

|l|l|l|l|l|l|l|l
I think Tinker would notice the difference in shape because he's an artist but I dont think anyone else at Nike does.

I bet MJ can't see the differences anymore, especially after getting thousands of new pairs over the year.

He probably noticed the first time shapes were changed but I'm sure they all become a blur to him.

There has been so many colors, and so many years passed, that the butchered shapes are considered the real shape by nearly all of the buying public. That's what is pretty sad to me as someone who was around for the originals. That's why NT is an important place for education and most importantly a forum for Nike to continue to read and see....cause they do.

If these versions came back out today with no explanation or marketing, 90% of people would go "what in the hell happened?"

Air-Jordan-5-Fire-Red-1990-1.jpg

lf.jpg

gettyimages-131986688-612x612.jpg

air-jordan-original-4-black-cement-grey.jpg

EXWjyuSU8AEZcMy.jpg

1.jpg

This is the 12 now:

aj12-reverse-flu.jpg

img01.jpg

This thread should be always on the first page. I have seen just about every pic out there. But is there ANY pic of him wearing the Charcoal 9 anywhere? I know MJ wears some olives in a RARE AIR photo, but never seen anything with black and reds. Other than Hubert Davis and Pete Myers.
front (1).jpg

Last edited:
This thread should be always on the first page. I have seen just about every pic out there. But is there ANY pic of him wearing the Charcoal 9 anywhere? I know MJ wears some olives in a RARE AIR photo, but never seen anything with black and reds. Other than Hubert Davis and Pete Myers.
front (1).jpg
Did he wear them in that pick-up game that was shared within the last few years? He was playing in a gym with a bunch of white guys during his first retirement.

Question for the wise sneakerheads on here - what shoe was MJ wearing around Barcelona in his iconic matching top and shorts fit? I've been searching the internet but was unable to find the answer.
michael-jordan-the-last-dance-nothing-but-net-92-olympics-shirt-shorts-outfit-719x1024.jpg

E7289E00-AD6B-4691-8566-84321007A5BA.jpeg

Never got a chance to wear these, due to thieves smh

And that shirt MJ is wearing, bought an original off EBay for like $75. My mom sold it at her thrift store talkin bout she thought it was my dads, knowing they got rid of all his old stuff like that years back smh. Love you ma, but damn lol

Damn these retrod? I need a pair

Back
Top Bottom