Official White Privilege Thread

We accidentally took a yogurt from Amazon's new grocery store without paying, but Amazon told us to keep it
  • We packed a shopping bag full of cookies, snap peas and Amazon-branded drinkware — all of which appeared on a virtual receipt moments later.
  • But a single-serve Siggi's yogurt cup was noticeably dropped from the list.
  • We promptly confessed to Amazon, and VP of Amazon Go Gianna Puerini told us not to worry about it.
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/22/ama...pened-and-we-accidentally-stole-a-yogurt.html

amazon customer service is top notch.

i will be a prime member for a long time. excited to see if they'll open one in my area

LaDelta Community College Nursing Students Claiming Racism
Lousiana+Delta+Community+College+students+claiming+racism+after+final+exam+answers+given+to+a+certain+race..jpg

http://www.knoe.com/content/news/Studetn-470805513.html

A South Carolina Woman Swore She’d Die Before She Took Down Her Confederate Flag ... and Then She Had a Heart Attack

iStock

https://www.theroot.com/a-south-carolina-woman-swore-shed-die-before-she-took-d-1823268689

Annie Caddell had been flying a Confederate battle flag outside her home for some seven years, standing at odds with her neighbors and community members who tried to get her to take down what is widely seen as a symbol of racism and hate.

Caddell, from Brownsville, S.C., roundly refused, once swearing that she’d die before she took down the flag flying outside her house.

And then, the Post and Courier reports, she had a heart attack, and with it a change of heart.

“I made up my mind that I don’t have to hurt anybody because of a decision I made without much thought,” Caddell said. “I never considered how offended they truly were. I didn’t care. Well, I finally had an eye-opening experience. It’s not about what I feel.”

Caddell said that her recent heart attack and subsequent triple bypass surgery caused her to start “reflecting on every choice that I’ve made.” She is now apologizing to anyone she’s offended.

When the 58-year-old moved into her home in Brownsville in mid-2010, she immediately decorated her yard and porch with Confederate flags, insignia and other decorations. For her, she claimed, it was about her heritage and remembering her ancestors who fought for the Confederacy; she didn’t see it as racist.

But her community did, with more than 270 members signing a petition, demanding that the town step in. However, perhaps predictably, town officials ruled that Caddell was within her rights to fly the divisive flag.

By early 2011, fed-up neighbors had pooled together money to build 8-foot wooden fences along the property line on both sides of Caddell’s house, blocking the flag from view from everywhere except the front. Caddell upped the ante, raising her flagpoles higher.

Now her resolve and stance have softened. Caddell removed the Confederate flag Wednesday, putting up a state flag in its place.

“After seven long years of battling my community over my Confederate flag, I made the decision that I would like to have unity in my community,” she told the Post and Courier on Thursday.

Caddell went so far as to go to Community Resource Center founder Louis Smith for advice. Smith had recently been grappling with groups displaying the flag at the town’s Christmas parade and Flowertown Festival.

“I told her we would [remove] it honorably,” Smith said. “This was not a time for high-fiving. This was a solemn occasion. These were people that fought for a cause, even though what they stood for I adamantly oppose.”

Caddell’s flag was given to the Summerville-Dorchester Museum’s past president Ken Battle, who intends to pass along the banner to the Sons of Confederate Veterans.

“What we’ve been hearing is that the flag should come down and be placed in a museum,” Battle said. “We offered to host such an exhibit, but we are still researching what it would look like.

“We feel that we would be a proper host for an exhibit where we would be able to talk about the difference between history and hatred,” Battle added. “It’s all about healing. It’s time to act as adults and do what’s necessary for our community.”

As for Caddell, she’s made peace with her decision and is looking to move forward.

“There comes a time and a place where things need to be set aside for the betterment of others,” Caddell told the news site. “I can still honor my relatives that died in the Civil War without flying the flag.”

All white people may not be racist, but they all get the benefits that come with being white. Means never having to say you're sorry.

Black Woman & White Teen Charged with Similar Crime. One is Forced Into a Cavity Search?
upload_2018-2-25_12-27-50.png

http://liveofofo.com/general-news/b...rged-similar-crime-forced-cavity-search.html/

They are two incidents from the frontline of American police’s ongoing campaign against soft drugs.

In one, a young woman (left) claimed she was allegedly forced to pull down her trousers and endure a cavity search after an officer said he smelled marijuana in her car. In the second, a young man (right) who was arrested for speeding and who reportedly admitted to having smoked marijuana before getting behind the wheel, was permitted to pose for a selfie with the arresting officer.

a.png

Charnesia Corley has accused officers of sexually assaulting her after she was pulled over in Houston on June 21 after allegedly failing to stop at a traffic light.

After an officer claimed to have smelled marijuana, the young woman was hand-cuffed and placed in the back of a patrol car. The policeman then called for a female colleague to perform an intimate search.

The female deputy, Ronaldine Pierre, ordered Ms Corley to pull her trousers down, but she refused, saying she was not wearing underwear, KTRK reported.

“Well, that doesn’t matter,” Ms Corley said the female officer told her. She said a second female officer then helped wrestle her to the ground while one sat on her back. They then spread Ms Corley’s legs open and inserted their fingers inside her vagina, she said.

“I feel like they sexually assaulted me,” she told the network. She said she felt “disgusted, downgraded, humiliated”.

Ms Corley is in the process of filing a legal action against the Harris County Sheriff’s Office. The department did not immediately respond to inquiries, though reports said police have charged Ms Corley with two minor offences. They said she had found .02 ounces of marijuana on her.

iowa.jpeg

The man detained for allegedly speeding, 20-year-old Gilbert Phelps, was pulled over in Iowa City last week. Police said he was speeding and had an obstructed registration sticker.

Reports said officer Ben Hektoen detected an odour of “ingested alcohol” inside the suspect’s Toyota Camry. When questioned, Mr Phelps said he had been smoking marijuana before getting into the car, according to a report on the Smoking Gun.

After being brought to the station, Mr Phelps was permitted to pose for a selfie with Mr Hektoen, with the officer “happily obliging” to the request.

No-one from the Iowa City Police Department was available for comment.. But Mr Phelps said he captioned the photo with emoji icons showing “a police car, next to a passenger car, next to a tow truck”.

There is nothing to connect the two events; the first incident is said to have taken place in Texas, the second in Iowa. They both involved different officers and different police departments. The full details of what transpired have yet to emerge.

But many on social media pointed out that the young woman in the first incident was black, while the young man who was allowed to pose while allegedly being stoned, was white.

It is difficult, the commentators said, to imagine the scenes being repeated had it been the other way around.

Great thread and even better examples but to be completely honest,white privilege won't end til white people want it to and If I was getting some kind of privilege over other's because of something as simple as my skin tone,features and the likes I wouldn't want it to change no time soon either.The poorest or the poor,the rich of the rich have that benefit and they flaunt it but that's one reason why this country is the best but the worse place too,the freedoms aren't free and if they were most would just waste it on stupid things anyways.I think the truest a white person can be is usually when their on their death bed and **** gets real......no filter,no hate,no ego just peaceful honest behavior.

Honestly don't believe that, but if it sounds good, why not?

Back
Top Bottom