:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by babam11218719

Originally Posted by PrurientSole

I kinda expected to see Henry on the bench, but Malouda?

Wow.
For real.  They started Govou.  !!##
The hell did he miss that!?  
eek.gif

Hey guys I'm at work and it seems cbssports and espn3 are not working. Does anyone have a better link I can use to watch the France game?

Benzema is one of my favorite strikers but he deserved to be left off the squad. Kid had a terrible campaign for Real Madrid this year.

This game is espns worst nightmare for opening day to try getting casual fans more interested. Uruguay is packing in defenders playing for a draw because they believe they can win the other 2 games in their group against Mexico and south africa.

Bad move to not leave anelka on with Henry, and wow forland not finishing that chance. Malouda needs to come on.

This is garbage, when the game started I thoght there was going to be atleast 2-3 goals
smh.gif

masterclass defensive job by Uruguay, especially the two holding midfielders Perez and Arevalo...

Forlan had a chance from about the pk spot, more often than not you would think he puts that away

No surprise for a Zidane-less France being a complete snooze-fest.. The France-Romania game in Euro 2008 was the most boring game I've witnessed in an international competition and this one wasn't far behind.

There is NO structure whatsoever in France's offense. They're just hoping for a completely random goal and to hopefully win all their games by 1-0.

Originally Posted by wayne looney

Forlan had a chance from about the pk spot, more often than not you would think he puts that away

Probably yes, but that wasn't exactlyn an easy ball.

horrible game from mexico and fans screaming like they won lol. i doubt theyll get past to the next round and france played pretty good.

Mexico dominated the first half not because they imposed their will on SA, but because SA looked like headless chickens for the first 35 or so minutes. If they would have shown the cohesiveness and midfield play that occurred during certain points in their euro tour leading up to WC, I think they would have pulled out the win.
SA showed their nervousness, and had a lot of lazy passing that lead to quick Mexican counters. And aside from Dos Santos, there was very little creativity on the pitch for Mex.
When SA wanted to pick up the pace, they were able to create enough space, but poor passing kept them from further exposing Mex's right side

As someone else mentioned, SA did more with their chances, and were closer to the 2nd than MEX. But it was a just result.

Uruguay-France was a snoozer...A lot of tight defense from both teams, and neither team looked like they wanted to risk much. They both looked somewhat content with a draw, but France's performance was
sick.gif
. If they repeat this performance the next game, I see MEX squeezing a win,

I thought the uruguay - france game was the better game today , like mentioned above,goals dont have to be scored for a game to be good

Back
Top Bottom