:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

South Korean fans are among the best in sports. Just take a look at highlights of their matches in 2002 and 2006...tens of thousands of Korean fans chanting/singing in unison for 90 minutes straight. Too bad their players are physical/dirty as he.ll
grin.gif

Nigeria are still very much alive. I expect Argentina to beat Greece which means that a measly 1-0 Nigeria win would be enough to put them through to the 2nd round. Easier said than done though, Korea vs. Nigeria will be a very close match.
What's the second tie-breaker? If it's most goals scored then Nigeria needs to win by 2 to advance. If it's less goals allowed then you're right.
a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:
d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

South Korean fans are among the best in sports. Just take a look at highlights of their matches in 2002 and 2006...tens of thousands of Korean fans chanting/singing in unison for 90 minutes straight. Too bad their players are physical/dirty as he.ll
grin.gif

Nigeria are still very much alive. I expect Argentina to beat Greece which means that a measly 1-0 Nigeria win would be enough to put them through to the 2nd round. Easier said than done though, Korea vs. Nigeria will be a very close match.
What's the second tie-breaker? If it's most goals scored then Nigeria needs to win by 2 to advance. If it's less goals allowed then you're right.
a) greatest number of points obtained in all group matches;
b) goal difference in all group matches;
c) greatest number of goals scored in all group matches.
If two or more teams are equal on the basis of the above three criteria, their rankings will be determined as follows:
d) greatest number of points obtained in the group matches between the teams concerned;
e) goal difference resulting from the group matches between the teams concerned;
f) greater number of goals scored in all group matches between the teams concerned;
g) drawing of lots by the FIFA Organising Committee.
Right, I had the rules right but I was miscalculating the results. Any win puts Nigeria through if combined with a Greek loss.

Two very entertaining matches so far today. Although the quality wasnt great, the Nig/Gre match was the most suspenseful and entertaining of the WC so far IMO.

Now time for France to bore us with their stale play and Aguirre to confuse us with his ******ed decisions. 

and Aguirre to confuse us with his ******ed decisions. 
Consider me confused and upset..Franco and Conejo are still playing..
Aguirre can suck a fat one..

I don't think there's a more frustrating player to watch than Anelka. The most selfish soccer player in the world.

I don't think there's a more frustrating player to watch than Anelka. The most selfish soccer player in the world.

your right. this guy does not give up the ball...

keyed waitin for mexico to put one in the back of the net.

Spoiler [+]
goooooooooooaaaaaaaaal

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

What a bum this dude Demichelis is. He makes those kinds of stupid mistakes at Bayern as well. I never got what the big deal is with him.
This guy is such a bum...he started for Bayern last season when they allowed 4-goals in 1 half to Barcelona. He started for Argentina a few weeks later and they lost 6-1 to Bolivia. He 'anchored' a Bayern defence that conceded a total of 8 goals in the round-of-16 and QFs of the Champions League this season. A backline containing Heinze, Dimechellis and Gutierrez shouldnt exactly inspire confidence in Argentina fans.
Along with Schalke, Bayern got the fewest goals (31 goals in 34 matches)

Back
Top Bottom