:::[Official]World Cup South Africa 2010 Thread:::

Originally Posted by debs 168

france and argentina are two different things. mexico will be afraid of argentina should they play them.
You obviously don't know the history between the two teams. 

Originally Posted by tonton32

not a supporter of les bleus but...Domenech
smh.gif
what has this man done to france...where did he get his coaching license frm? no team cohesion whats so ever, no tactical approach, and absolutely awful substitutions! this (*&^*& has henry cisse and gourcuff on the sideline and doesnt play either of em
smh.gif
I agree, his substitutions were the worst. Govou wasn't doing anything out there and he puts in a dude that is like 5'5??  How is he supposed to get a head on the ball when Malouda or Ribery put a good cross in there.  Malouda had that one cross where Gignac was at the near post and nobody was at the back(where the short guy should have been).  A player like Henry that is competent and has experience would have been in position for a good header in.  Domenech should be stoned, dude is a bumb.

Originally Posted by gil23

france and argentina are two different things. mexico will be afraid of argentina should they play them.

HOW BOUT NO
indifferent.gif
..WE AINT AFRAID OF NOBODY WHEN IT COMES TO THIS STAGES
pimp.gif

yet you routinely get eliminated in the round of 16.
this! is why i cant stand it when mexico wins... their fans are amongst the most delusional in football. it's a shame too because i actually think mexico are a fun team to watch, other than a few key players.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

HOW BOUT NO
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif

this! is why i cant stand it when mexico wins... their fans are amongst the most delusional in football. it's a shame too because i actually think mexico are a fun team to watch, other than a few key players.
indifferent.gif
........... STEP DOWN....I said we aint afraid of nobody, win or lose WE AINT AFRAID. It doesnt cost anything to dream
tired.gif
..........LETS GO MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Think about it if you're Mexico. Do you take UNNECESSARY risks to win the match knowing full well that a 1-0 loss could see you go home early? As horrible as France are, they are capable of beating South Africa by 3-goals.

Dont get me wrong, I expect Mexico to go for the win and I dont expect France to do much damage against the hosts but I wouldnt be surprised to see Mexico take it easy. Uruguay look like they have a 98% chance of advancing...they're 5-goals ahead of France and seeing how well they defended in their first 2 matches, I think Mexico will have a tough time scoring multiple goals on them.
That's why I said you start conservative and reassess at halftime. Let's say both games are tied 0-0 at the half. Mexico still has a 4 goal cushion on France. Is attacking to win the game really an unnecessary risk when it creates a much easier path to the QF? It's not like they'll be completely oblivious to what's going on in the other game. If they get news that France has suddenly gone up 2 goals, they can pull the troops back and defend. It's not like France will score 3 goals at the same time, while Mexico gives up a goal that very same moment. That's what'd have to happen for Mexico to lose here. 

HOW BOUT NO
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif

What does being unafraid have ANYTHING to do with getting eliminated in the round of 16? So you can't be unafraid if you lose? We know what level we're at, we know where we stand. We don't claim we're an elite team, but we do know we play hard and we don't bunker and play scared like other national teams. You should know about that... 

HOW BOUT NO
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif

QFT, cept the fun team to watch part.

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

Think about it if you're Mexico. Do you take UNNECESSARY risks to win the match knowing full well that a 1-0 loss could see you go home early? As horrible as France are, they are capable of beating South Africa by 3-goals.

Dont get me wrong, I expect Mexico to go for the win and I dont expect France to do much damage against the hosts but I wouldnt be surprised to see Mexico take it easy. Uruguay look like they have a 98% chance of advancing...they're 5-goals ahead of France and seeing how well they defended in their first 2 matches, I think Mexico will have a tough time scoring multiple goals on them.
That's why I said you start conservative and reassess at halftime. Let's say both games are tied 0-0 at the half. Mexico still has a 4 goal cushion on France. Is attacking to win the game really an unnecessary risk when it creates a much easier path to the QF? It's not like they'll be completely oblivious to what's going on in the other game. If they get news that France has suddenly gone up 2 goals, they can pull the troops back and defend. It's not like France will score 3 goals at the same time, while Mexico gives up a goal that very same moment. That's what'd have to happen for Mexico to lose here. 

+ i really think mexico is a stronger side than uruguai... 

Originally Posted by PersiaFly

+ i really think mexico is a stronger side than uruguai... 

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

What happened to Thierry Henry?

that is what i want to know!
Why doesn't my man play, was it a bad season with Barcelona? Did he just fall off completely?
I thought he was supposed to be one of the best strikers of our time

Originally Posted by omgitswes

Originally Posted by Fear The Ibis

What happened to Thierry Henry?

that is what i want to know!
Why doesn't my man play, was it a bad season with Barcelona? Did he just fall off completely?
I thought he was supposed to be one of the best strikers of our time
It's hard to tell with Domenech at the helm, he could've read Henry's horoscope and felt that he wouldn't do well in South Africa (not kidding). 
But Henry's best kicks are undoubtedly behind him. He's sort of in the Jordan-on-the-Wizards stage of his career. He can still put up impressive performances here and there, but he's not the force he used to be, and France has other, younger options. He wouldn't be thinking of a move to MLS if he was still capable of changing games at the World Cup. 

From BS Forums...

Right now, on DirecTV channel 210-1, I'm watching the ESPN HD video of Serbia-Ghana with German commentary from Sky Deutschland. The languages available on this channel, with the source of their commentary, are:
  • Arabic (Al Jazeera)
  • German (Sky Deutschland)
  • Japanese (Sky PerfecTV!)
  • Portuguese (ESPN Deportes)
  • Korean (SBS International)
Just switch the audio track to whichever one you want. It doesn't appear that they're doing it for the few games carried on ABC, but it looks like they're doing it for all the ESPN/ESPN2 games and if you've got the HD setup from DirecTV and you prefer to watch the games in one of those languages, you can.

Had no idea lol. May check it out later when the games start.

Well well well... first a red then down a goal!

This changes everything...
Trigger-happy ref... 
eyes.gif

Klose is out of the next game, but everything resets for the elimination-rounds right?

I #%%%@$ hate card happy referees. Is this guy for real? Is he trying to beat the Russian referee's record from the Portugal/Holland match in 2006?

Klose didnt deserve a yellow on either one of those challenges.

Anyways, this group will be extremely spicy if Serbia hold on.

Tim Cahill was sent off against Germany in that 1st game for a stupid foul from behind...now it's Klose's turn...

half time...what seems to be an easy mission is turning out to be an uphill battle...

Back
Top Bottom