Official Xbox 360 Thread...Xfinity, HBOGO, MLB TV up

Not too shabby of a review score average.

moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot-2.png
http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/gears-of-war-3

31449pw.jpg

Originally Posted by WitnessMyCalm21

Right.. everyone hyping it up.
laugh.gif
slightly curious to see what its all about

i never played this game till this year, campaign is epic
pimp.gif

i didnt get into multiplayer but i could see why people love it and the gears 3 mp beta was really fun

i hope gow3 hits redbox.

i felt stupid dropping 65 for gow2. the campaign was kinda weak and except for horde, the MP was weak too. despite the reviews for 3, i'm still hesitant to buy it.
laugh.gif

just talked to a couple friends and they're getting gears, so i guess i'm getting gears also. just preordered it off amazon and was still able to get release date delivery.

oh well.
30t6p3b.gif
at least i got a $20 GC from it to use on 2k12.
laugh.gif

Just got my shipping confirmation from Amazon that my Gears copy has shipped.

Amazon is the %$+$, no ifs ands or buts about it.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

I want to cop this but i heard the learning curve is pretty tough compared to BO
Once you get your aiming down with the shotgun your good to go, who knows how long that may take you though. Everyone with mix feelings about MP on Gears 2 seems to not have touched the game after it first released. They changed the MP a lot from the start from what I have herd. 

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

I want to cop this but i heard the learning curve is pretty tough compared to BO
The learning curve is not that bad really. Playing the campaign will help a lot. Play the campaign on Hardcore, you'll die a lot early but after you get the hang of of the controls practice moving around the combat spaces in the campaign. Most Gears fire fights take take in " combat bowls" so learn to move from cover to cover a lot, roadie run around, use the barrel roll to get outta trouble and get good with the shotgun. 
Gears 3 has a casual multiplayer mode, so all the newbies can play together at first so they can get the hang of things before having to jump online with experienced players. Most important part is learning how to move around the map quickly and using the shotgun. Plus there will be so many tutorials up after the first week that if you put in effort in studying you will get pretty good in no time  

The last 3 games I've preordered from Amazon, I've gotten them a day before release day. Hopefully this pattern holds true when I get home from work.

Im going to have to start predering off Amazon. 
laugh.gif

To bad im pretty muh set on all my preorders. The Only ones im willing to change is Batman Arkham City (Which i paid 47.99 off newegg w/ a free shirt
laugh.gif
) or MW3 ... 

Im going to have to start predering off Amazon. 
laugh.gif

To bad im pretty muh set on all my preorders. The Only ones im willing to change is Batman Arkham City (Which i paid 47.99 off newegg w/ a free shirt
laugh.gif
) or MW3 ... 

Amazon is def the way to go with their credit promotions. I paid $40 with release day delivery for GoW3.

laugh.gif
Just a matter of preference. I always figured you to be a FPS type of dude [correct me if I'm wrong].

Out of everyone I know, I can count the amount of 3rdPS fans with 1 hand. Everyone else I know, they'll stay going hard @ BFBC2 and/or COD.

wayyyyyy to many games I want..

Fifa 12, Call of Duty,  NBA 2k12, then WWE 12..im gonna be so broke

Store I per-ordered mine doesn't have midnight launch 
indifferent.gif
9 am tomorrow it is

No class tomorrow though
pimp.gif

Been playing gears 1 & 2 online religiously...ready to destroy in MP. The campaign is also one my favorite campaigns ever and the 4-way campaign mode sounds too fun
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

laugh.gif
Just a matter of preference. I always figured you to be a FPS type of dude [correct me if I'm wrong].

Out of everyone I know, I can count the amount of 3rdPS fans with 1 hand. Everyone else I know, they'll stay going hard @ BFBC2 and/or COD.
I mean yeah for the most part. Been playing FPS since counterstrike back in the day & 007 nightfire (Split Screen way back when)  
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

But i never had a problem with 3rd person shooters. I dont mind them at all , Idk f it counts but i use to be the only one whod wanna play 3rd Person Team Tactical on Mw2 from time to time... But i guess u can say the overally fiction setting of GOW and just how everything looks... Goofy i guess. Like the guns, characters, animations and enemies and stuff... Like the Human vs Monsters or Space Marine type gamee settings i find hard to attract myself into playing. Id be willing to play @%%+ like GoW or Halo (I remmeber back in HS my friends would go CRAZY for Halo. I had thee sadnezz cause i didnt even own a next gen console at the time 
tired.gif
 but i really wish i played it during its "prime") and seeing that how i just got on Xbox last winter im open to it, see if im missing out on something fun. I wanna try out Rage & all that but GoW just doesnt look like my type of game or something i can get into.. Like idk..

Like i said ill redbox it but i dont plan on buying it.  

Originally Posted by RHYTHMentality

laugh.gif

I mean yeah for the most part. Been playing FPS since counterstrike back in the day & 007 nightfire (Split Screen way back when)  
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

But i never had a problem with 3rd person shooters. I dont mind them at all , Idk f it counts but i use to be the only one whod wanna play 3rd Person Team Tactical on Mw2 from time to time... But i guess u can say the overally fiction setting of GOW and just how everything looks... Goofy i guess. Like the guns, characters, animations and enemies and stuff... Like the Human vs Monsters or Space Marine type gamee settings i find hard to attract myself into playing. Id be willing to play @%%+ like GoW or Halo (I remmeber back in HS my friends would go CRAZY for Halo. I had thee sadnezz cause i didnt even own a next gen console at the time 
tired.gif
 but i really wish i played it during its "prime") and seeing that how i just got on Xbox last winter im open to it, see if im missing out on something fun. I wanna try out Rage & all that but GoW just doesnt look like my type of game or something i can get into.. Like idk..

Like i said ill redbox it but i dont plan on buying it.  
^ Nahh, I feel you. Understand where you come from.

On a related note, for me, anything fictionally space-y, I can't get down with [excluding Halo multiplayer]. Halo singleplayer campaign, Mass Effect 1 and 2 [go ahead - flame me], etc. Dead Space is on the borderline for me only because they execute horror pretty nicely.

But for the most part, if a storyline revolves around spartan lasers, aliens, anti-gravity, etc., and anything else of the likes, it's not grabbing my attention. This applies to most TV/film for me, too.

I guess Gears of War grabbed me 'cause it's not heavily revolving around laser armory and aliens. Folks might argue that the "locust" are considered aliens, but I guess it's because they carry human characteristics [2 arms, 2 legs, 2 eyes, speak (very little) english]? I don't know.
laugh.gif

Plus, they come from UNDERGROUND, yo. Aliens, they come from up above.
laugh.gif
</argument>

Yeah, I got nothin' else.

But I do remember Cliffy B in an interview for GoW2 specifically saying they collectively wanted to avoid using lasers or else it'd turn into just another space marine type of video game.

been playing this since friday and it's very different than im used to(play cod games) i expected that though, im starting to get the hang of it though, i dont like the fact that it takes about a full clip to kill someone unless your using a shotgun, long range kills are near impossible. this game is growing on me though, if any of you guys are good at this game send me an invite.

Back
Top Bottom