OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

You guys will say this then say Big Pun has one of the best flows. "I literally didn't do diddly in Italy" bro come on. That's a vacation review.

Kanye flowed the way he need to flow on each song. That's it. You're judging the flow as if it's an isolated thing. It's part of the composition of the entire song.

Who mentioned Big Pun?

1630516656213.gif

Pretty sure I didn’t. Let that man Rest In Peace.

Back to Kanye’s elementary flow… It’s gotten worse, not better with time. Go listen to Nas’s last album for examples of how to stay current without sounding remedial.

I praise just about everything on this album, but Ye as a rapper is sub-standard. Average at best. His flow ain't tight. If he cant fit all the syllables in the beat, he should try to figure out a different way to say what hes saying. But he doesnt. And I'm okay with it. Cuz Ye is beyond rap/rapping for me.
Let's say average...I'll agree there. Average is fine for a guy that gave us records on records on records of quality content. If Ye called it a night after DONDA, I would be fine with that.

Song of the songs on here makes me want to listen to gospel music fr :lol:
Not the biggest gospel listener but Ye’s usage of the choir was really great on this project.
Late 70's/ Early 80's has some good & fairly experimental gospel music that really opened me up to the genre. Personally I don't believe in god n that type of stuff, its just good music to me:

2008:

Look for Chicago & Detroit gospel music. They made the best stuff, imo.

If Ye called it a night after DONDA, I would be fine with that.
Was thinking about this last night. If I had to guess right now, I would assume this is it for solo albums under his name. Maybe we get another Throne. Maybe more Sunday Servie projects. But I dont expect anymore Kanye West/Ye albums. At least not for a lonnnnggg time.

Late 70's/ Early 80's has some good & fairly experimental gospel music that really opened me up to the genre. Personally I don't believe in god n that type of stuff, its just good music to me:

2008:

Look for Chicago & Detroit gospel music. They made the best stuff, imo.

I’ll check this out.

oh u mean the album that went triple wood?

I can list a bunch of legendary Hip Hop albums that went neither platinum nor gold and are universally recognized as classics (im not calling King’s Disease 1 or 2 classics btw). If your standard of art is album sales you’re not ready for a conversation on art.

By your standards all the of platinum selling artists or highly viewed/followed artists are putting out great art. 🤦🏽‍♂️ Such a bad take it’s laughable.:rofl:

No wonder I’ve stayed out of the music section since that one goober said Vinny Paz was killing the rap game.

I can list a bunch of legendary Hip Hop albums that went neither platinum nor gold and are universally recognized as classics (im not calling King’s Disease 1 or 2 classics btw). If your standard of art is album sales you’re not ready for a conversation on art.

By your standards all the of platinum selling artists or highly viewed/followed artists are putting out great art. 🤦🏽‍♂️ Such a bad take it’s laughable.:rofl:

No wonder I’ve stayed out of the music section since that one goober said Vinny Paz was killing the rap game.

Rap About Nothing thread is where all the good discussion happens. Most of the regulars in here do not post there and are considered jokes there :lol:

Back
Top Bottom