OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Both songs a year old, his hair black again (if that matters to ya), he's in a corner

Lessgetit

Eh TLOP had a few good songs, production-wise very few up there compete tho.

Ain't rly too excited just remaining optimistic

His lyrics have even trash for awhile. I stanned Yeezus and Pablo hard. Production wise they are great, but dude seems like his rapping ability keeps getting worse and worse.

Some tracks he shows he still has potential... but then others he reminds me that he can't write for crap anymore.

His lyrics have even trash for awhile. I stanned Yeezus and Pablo hard. Production wise they are great, but dude seems like his rapping ability keeps getting worse and worse.

Some tracks he shows he still has potential... but then others he reminds me that he can't write for crap anymore.

This was a glimmer of hope....

Although his music has been hot steaming garbage lately, he's still a legend to me. HBD Ye :pimp:

I think he just doesn't care about being heavy with the bars anymore. He's not trying to prove himself as an MC anymore. Now he's just making music that he and his friends like to vibe and listen to, which is cool/real too, I guess - I mean why fake being something you're not - it's just sad because it's not what most people (myself included) crave from him. *So much punctuation in that last sentence*

Kanye comes off like the type of person that is driven by hunger, competition and inspiration. Equally he comes off like the type of dude that gets bored easily when he scales a mountain and moves on to the next thing. It's like genius ADD to an extent.

Jay-Z is similar - he retires, does side projects and mash up albums or takes super long breaks - except he's much smarter and self aware about legacy. He knows it matters that he is always perceived as the best rapper alive. Kanye couldn't care (and I don't know that it should matter for him.) He thinks of himself as something different/an artist, not just a musician. As a result we get cool art like 808s and Yeezus and Pablo, it's just not what a lot of his day 1 fans or the "real hiphop heads" necessarily want. Street ****** gave up on Kanye in 2008.

Last edited:
It must have been digitally released but he put it out officially.

Maybe as a GOOD Friday. I have it lol.

Last edited:

I think he just doesn't care about being heavy with the bars anymore. He's not trying to prove himself as an MC anymore. Now he's just making music that he and his friends like to vibe and listen to, which is cool/real too, I guess - I mean why fake being something you're not - it's just sad because it's not what most people (myself included) crave from him. *So much punctuation in that last sentence*

Kanye comes off like the type of person that is driven by hunger, competition and inspiration. Equally he comes off like the type of dude that gets bored easily when he scales a mountain and moves on to the next thing. It's like genius ADD to an extent.

Jay-Z is similar - he retires, does side projects and mash up albums or takes super long breaks - except he's much smarter and self aware about legacy. He knows it matters that he is always perceived as the best rapper alive. Kanye couldn't care (and I don't know that it should matter for him.) He thinks of himself as something different/an artist, not just a musician. As a result we get cool art like 808s and Yeezus and Pablo, it's just not what a lot of his day 1 fans or the "real hiphop heads" necessarily want. Street ****** gave up on Kanye in 2008.

So he's being a trash rapper on purpose.... He's such a genius, he's trash. :lol:

Look it ain't about doing what day 1 fans want or real hip hop heads. Just rap good. Stop putting out trash bars. You don't have to be Nas but you don't have be lil Yachty either. Wayne has been terrible for years, I can't give Kanye a pass for the same thing cuz he says "I'm more than a rapper".

Last edited:

Facts only. Whether the music is good or bad. This is all facts

The irony here is he's making music that he and his "friends" like to listen to. While making songs questioning "real friends" :lol:

Something we've all touched upon. If there are any checks and balances in his life. At least musically.

If you're making questionable music, and no one actually tells you you are, and people call it "cool art", why would you stop?

Exactly. He's hanging with yes men and Kardashians. They not gon tell him "Ye this verse is wack". They gon tell him it's his best work. Then some of these fans make excuses and act like his trash is gold so he'll keep making this ****.

Back
Top Bottom