OFFICIAL Ye fka "kanYe West" x G.O.O.D. Music Thread - ¥$ (AKA YE X TY DOLLA SIGN) - VULTURES (NOW AVAILABLE WOWWWW)

Why You laughing when dude clearly stated that's His top 5?

I hated Yeezus back when it was released. Like all other Kanye albums, as my life evolved, my taste in Kanye albums evolved.

Recently went through a bad breakup with a girl, obvious go-to initially was 808 and Heartbreak, then bits and pieces of MBDTF. As I move on from the relationship, got less emo, got more angry, then emo again, then angry,  I've eventually kind of gotten numb to the relationship, mixed in with a bit of anger and feeling empty, and Yeezus sonically resonates with the feeling of numbness/emptiness. 

Blood On The Leaves and New Slaves might be top 5 Kanye tracks for me. 

Such an amazing album. 

When Yeezus first came out. I didn't foresee myself being on the tail end of my relationship with a girl I really loved about 2 months later. The night she broke my heart Yeezus was in the CD player and I wasn't messing with it too much but that night, I finally got it and fell in love with that album. I was on some "**#k everybody and everything" type ish. Volume all the way up bass all the way high. I drove around for the entirety of the album.

"B!tch I'm back out my coma!"

Last edited:
U was going thru a breakup bumping on sight?
laugh.gif
Wasnt On Sight that spoke to me.  It was Guilt Trip, Hold My Liquor, Blood On The Leaves, and Bound 2 that got me going.  "I'm In It" Had me wantin to smash the next chick I see.  Did exactly that, even used a line on her it was "You know I need that wet mouth"

Yeezus ain't the best Ye album for a breakup. If you miss her 808s, if you hate her MBDTF
I was super angry after we broke up because of the way we broke up.   After the fact though I played 808's and then MBDTF "Blame Game" was essentially how I felt after all the smoke cleared haha.  I'm a gemini-cancer cusp man.  I was going through it with all the self contradictions, also playing WOLF by Tyler The Creator "IFHY" was always being played by me when I was alone.  

Last edited:
So dope for him to link w coodie n chike. Hope some work eventually comes from them

he need to do a series of documentary for each phase of his career like puff did cant stop wont stop

i'd take that over another album. he could retire and do guest versss occasiknally.

he claims to have been filming himself his whole career and i know i recognize those dudes from channel zero tv they had a lot of pre CD ye footage so assuming they. used to do his videos and ****

they had this real crazy alternative slow jamz that was like an infomercial or something that **** was one of my favorite videos

Kanye West reportedly ready to return to touring in 2018 with new stage set-up

Kanye West is reportedly ready to return to touring in 2018.

The rapper was hospitalised last year, where he was taken to UCLA Medical Centre – when it was reported that he was suffering form ‘severe sleep deprivation’ and refused to go to hospital voluntarily, but had to be restrained for transport. Doctors diagnosed him with “temporary psychosis due to sleep deprivation and dehydration.”

He had previously cancelled the remainder of his ‘Saint Pablo’ tour, after a concert in Sacramento where he controversially cut his set short after just 30 minutes following a lengthy tirade against Beyonce, claiming that her husband and West’s former friend and collaborator Jay Z had the means to have him killed.

Now TMZ is reporting that Live Nation, the promoters behind the Saint Pablo tour, have been in talks with West’s team and are “ready to jump as soon as he gives the green light”.

The site cites sources saying West is physically and mentally healthy again, and is focused, engaged and has overcome the issues that led to his hospitalisation.

Should West resume touring next year, the floating stage that was a central part of his 2016 tour will either be improved or replaced, while the show’s set list is also said to be improved.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/kanye-west-return-touring-2018-2096166

Tlop was great imo. Feedback, Wolves, No More Parties In LA, Real Friends and Highlights are flames. Ultralight Beam will be iconic one day.

That's why I said, if he would've condensed it, the reception would be totally different. Album has great songs.

i'd rather him do a retrospect tour with the floating stage

go thru all his eras thus far and have GOOD tour w him and bring out special guest

imagine how crazy it would be to see him w the backpack or in the 808's suit live for nostalgias sake

A GOOD Night

maybe thats premature tho

Last edited:

go thru all his eras thus far and have GOOD tour w him and bring out special guest

imagine how crazy it would be to see him w the backpack or in the 808's suit live for nostalgias sake

A GOOD Night

I would drop so much cash on that.

A GOOD Night

I imagine he will do a special show like that in the future but hard to believe he would do a tour like that. He has too much music and eras to condense into one show.

Also, hold my liquor off Yeezus is one of the most underrated songs on that album

Have GOOD tour wit him?
Dudes is hardly together, (I'm assuming you mean Cudi too) fam already charge a pretty penny for his shows
Tix would be 300 minimum

Damn now that I think of it, besides Heartless (and maybe Street Lights) Guilt Trip is better than any song on 808s

Last edited:
I might just be a Ye Stan cause I honestly don't believe he has a bad album. I remember when I got yeezus and played it and it was like wtf is this but literally after being unemployed, having people turn they backs on you, and dreams being shattered. For me that album was my life and my fav Kanye album. TLOP is the coming together of that person from being damaged and like a glass being put back together it's not going to be how it was cause every crack is that experience that left a mark so even though lyrically it might be his best you still feel Ye. IDK but I love Kanye when I met him as kid when he opened for Usher's Confession tour and he literally talked to me a 13 y/o kid in Atlanta who just wanted to meet Usher but his passion for music is real and I have the upmost respect for him.

I don't think he has a bad album either. But there is something about his albums that don't last for me. I'm not sure what it is. But, besides 808s, once a Kanye album leaves my rotation, it never comes back. I'm not sure what that is.

Some take longer than others to leave the rotation (TLOP being the shortest), but I really never get the desire to hear his albums once they cool down.

I probably listened to TLOP like 3 times but it had some joints on there. OK album at best. But defintuely forgettable outside of the chance song and the Cudi joint

Back
Top Bottom