OFFICIAL: Zoom Kobe V ID - release 12/25/09 POST DESIGNS HERE!

Originally Posted by XanGelicO

Originally Posted by al3x89

Originally Posted by kobeoverbron

I like the 5s better to ball... maybe just my playing style
i like shoes closer to the ground feeling, i don't jump too much... but i change direction and cut a lot

6s r pretty cushioning, i like its feel~ but down on the court, i just feel they r a bit too high off ground for me compare to the CP line's shoes
the feeling of 6s r a mixture of 5s+4s to me
agree with this. the 6s are a bit high off the ground. playing in the Vs feel like
you have the court raw under your feet. whereas the VIs feel a bit luxurious.
But I think that's why I like the VIs better. they feel a lot better after you play
ball. great IDs everyone. loving the redeem team make up. NICE.
my feet felt a lot better after i played in the 6's. they didn't feel as fatigued. 
i'm comparing that to a 30-day old pair of zk5 btw.. 

i think regardless your height and playing style...
heavier on body weight players would like the VIs or IVs better

the lighter on body weight players would like the Vs~

becuz the Vs can feel the court better, but kind of weak on cushioning... heavy players will feel pain after landing on them Vs from jumping(especially along with the time they wear the shoes, cushioning got worn off, it will get worse). But the light weight players can land easier, they can handle the shock from landing better than heavy players... and Vs are more slick and better on cutting, changing directions.

Therefore, I think different weight players will like the Vs and VIs differently as well

as myself, my bone is real heavy... when i was younger, i don't have much muscle, i already weight a lot heavier than the same size ppl as me

but i do change directions alot while i play, and i jump a lot too... i would go with the Vs for sure back then~ as i m getting old (become even heavier, of course), i wnt more cushioning now... cuz my knees n ankles had been hurt too many times. i rather to play in VIs now to go easy on my joints...

i'm pretty light... 6'2, 160lbs. 
but i took my VI insoles and put them in the V's and the problem went away... 
eyes.gif
 so i think it was the insoles.

^i see.
that's really interesting... only a thin piece of insole can make that big differences... hmm

u r 6'2 and 160 lbs only? damm u better be a good player ;D
cuz u had my dream body weight n height... IMO, most of the athletic, quick and high flying players are at about that scale of body weight vs. height

I like the 5s better to ball... maybe just my playing style
i like shoes closer to the ground feeling, i don't jump too much... but i change direction and cut a lot

6s r pretty cushioning, i like its feel~ but down on the court, i just feel they r a bit too high off ground for me compare to the CP line's shoes
the feeling of 6s r a mixture of 5s+4s to me
agree with this. the 6s are a bit high off the ground. playing in the Vs feel like
you have the court raw under your feet. whereas the VIs feel a bit luxurious.
But I think that's why I like the VIs better. they feel a lot better after you play
ball. great IDs everyone. loving the redeem team make up. NICE.
my feet felt a lot better after i played in the 6's. they didn't feel as fatigued. 
i'm comparing that to a 30-day old pair of zk5 btw.. 

i think regardless your height and playing style...
heavier on body weight players would like the VIs or IVs better

the lighter on body weight players would like the Vs~

becuz the Vs can feel the court better, but kind of weak on cushioning... heavy players will feel pain after landing on them Vs from jumping(especially along with the time they wear the shoes, cushioning got worn off, it will get worse). But the light weight players can land easier, they can handle the shock from landing better than heavy players... and Vs are more slick and better on cutting, changing directions.

Therefore, I think different weight players will like the Vs and VIs differently as well

as myself, my bone is real heavy... when i was younger, i don't have much muscle, i already weight a lot heavier than the same size ppl as me

but i do change directions alot while i play, and i jump a lot too... i would go with the Vs for sure back then~ as i m getting old (become even heavier, of course), i wnt more cushioning now... cuz my knees n ankles had been hurt too many times. i rather to play in VIs now to go easy on my joints...

i'm pretty light... 6'2, 160lbs. 
but i took my VI insoles and put them in the V's and the problem went away... 
eyes.gif
 so i think it was the insoles.
yeah, insoles seem to be the key with the VIs. maybe a little point goes to the
phylon set up in the VI? maybe? don't know. LOL.

the all I know is the 4,5 and 6 will be the classic kobes ever. With the 6 taking the cake
mainly due to design cues. it's really like NOTHING YOU'VE EVER SEEN before
design-wise. I will buy more 6 than I did 4 and 5 combined. not hyping these mfers, just
my personal liking to the particular model is different. Just like how I felt when buying
the old Js (11,12,14,8,3 and surprisingly the 2011s). It gets me excited really.

btw, haven't pulled the trigger on these V ids. might have to though before feb ends.

overall, NIKE, thank you for these last few kobes. crazy.

First Pair of ID's made (1/14)........... 100% HAPPY.... Inspired by the Thunder, and I wanted to make a strictly Summer Shoe....

11jrvo5.jpg

20jsaj9.jpg

Sole is so icey.. My camera sucks so doesn't accurately represent them
v5kbi1.jpg

Now I feel rather addicted to ID's

nice. you made them on the 14th and got them already?? that's pretty fast.

I ordered another pair a couple days after, and I have no clue when those are coming in.. 

Damn ID's man, they are addicting.......

Originally Posted by Essential1

I ordered another pair a couple days after, and I have no clue when those are coming in.. 

thts not fair!
i ordered on 1/6!! n they r still on their way to me...

sad...

thts not fair!
i ordered on 1/6!! n they r still on their way to me...

sad...

Maybe different colors take different amount of time?

Essential if you dont mind, can you take pics of the upper with out flash and/or outdoors? My next pair is gonna be all orange w/ exotic and I want to see how well the exotic pops or if I should stick with metallic.

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Essential if you dont mind, can you take pics of the upper with out flash and/or outdoors? My next pair is gonna be all orange w/ exotic and I want to see how well the exotic pops or if I should stick with metallic.

Best I can get for you..
e6rf61.jpg

xkxevs.jpg

Originally Posted by JayJunkie

Best I can get for you..
e6rf61.jpg

these remind me of the glass blue 6. damn nice ID man.

my first pair of iDs r here~
was talking about it earlier that i still waiting, n later of the day, it came.

f6a353baec2e4b4874b61df4481fb22cf65b64e.jpg
d3f157e64a721c4a0fe3af0672565203570514e.jpg
6482568e0d43d7561bd407d18121f5685dd8e5b.jpg
1b435ef2e06546f479821f0441747906f3c0d94.jpg

i originally planned to do the black laces swap with the VIs blk/del sol when these come in~ but when they r really here, i found out the del sol laces r looking quite good on them... tough choices...

but i still gave a try

8cf2523e7e41674f156422103fc9ddbff44cc32.jpg
dc6151ed4a741a4fbb6db2c5451e0dbecdad94f.jpg
0263591ee7804ff87de81cfb402d4e35176e186.jpg
0ce35b08e224470d717e11e049e2c6182a634f3.jpg

after changing the laces... the blk laces looked fine on the iDs, i think if i wear them to ball, black laces would looked cooler on the Vs~ but if i wear them casual, del-sol laces will pop it better

and i always thought del-sol laces on the VIs r looking hot! but after i changed it, i change my mind as well... they actually looking ok in person~ becuz the swoosh on the shoes r darken cuz of the upper of the shoes~ the laces delsol color is a lot brighter... when u see them in person, u can see the color brightness differences on the laces and the swoosh...

maybe i shud just keep the laces on their own shoes? wht do u guys think?

^i may try it later on...
personally think the splatter kind of laces will be too much going on with this pair of iDs...

i originally planned to do the black laces swap with the VIs blk/del sol when these come in~ but when they r really here, i found out the del sol laces r looking quite good on them... tough choices...

but i still gave a try

after changing the laces... the blk laces looked fine on the iDs, i think if i wear them to ball, black laces would looked cooler on the Vs~ but if i wear them casual, del-sol laces will pop it better

and i always thought del-sol laces on the VIs r looking hot! but after i changed it, i change my mind as well... they actually looking ok in person~ becuz the swoosh on the shoes r darken cuz of the upper of the shoes~ the laces delsol color is a lot brighter... when u see them in person, u can see the color brightness differences on the laces and the swoosh...

clean man. super clean IDs. and real unique.
keep the original laces for each. I agree with the del sol swoosh
not complementing nicely with the del sol laces. tried that myself.
didn't really work because of the darker swoosh.

again, great ids....

kobeoverbron - I appreciate that man.. I was trying to go with a take on OKC Thunder that I've never seen done (besides the Cremsicles) and that was make Orange the Focal Point, and make subtle touches of the Neptune Blue, Navy Blue, and Del Sol..

XanGelicO- I wish they gave the option of getting extra laces. Did they do those for the ZK4 ID's (I thought they did but I could be thinking about another ID)?

2 questions to anyone aware of laces: 1. Would the Nike Red Laces go well with the 5's, I have an idea for a color way that needs Red Laces.. 2. Anyone know a site that has laces for the V's...

First Pair of ID's made (1/14)........... 100% HAPPY.... Inspired by the Thunder, and I wanted to make a strictly Summer Shoe....

11jrvo5.jpg

Sole is so icey.. My camera sucks so doesn't accurately represent them

Now I feel rather addicted to ID's

These are amazing...
eek.gif
That sole
smokin.gif

but i still gave a try

clean man. super clean IDs. and real unique.
keep the original laces for each. I agree with the del sol swoosh
not complementing nicely with the del sol laces. tried that myself.
didn't really work because of the darker swoosh.

again, great ids....
thanks man...
i think i m gonna keep my blk/del-sol VIs with its own laces... 

but the iDs... still debating with the del-sol laces or the blk laces... both looked nice on them... dam headaches

if i wnt blk laces on them, i need a pair of blk laces... smh

kobeoverbron - I appreciate that man.. I was trying to go with a take on OKC Thunder that I've never seen done (besides the Cremsicles) and that was make Orange the Focal Point, and make subtle touches of the Neptune Blue, Navy Blue, and Del Sol..

XanGelicO- I wish they gave the option of getting extra laces. Did they do those for the ZK4 ID's (I thought they did but I could be thinking about another ID)?

2 questions to anyone aware of laces: 1. Would the Nike Red Laces go well with the 5's, I have an idea for a color way that needs Red Laces.. 2. Anyone know a site that has laces for the V's...

i kno man, i think everyone of us wishing nike allow us to order extra laces, lol
and yes, those Nike Red laces save lives r really matching the Vs, no worries~ go to the original Vs thread, i had my blk out laced up with those red laces picture.

And i believe there isn't any site tht has Vs type of laces for sale... if so, someone had posted already... the laces gave lots of us headaches on matching

i kno man, i think everyone of us wishing nike allow us to order extra laces, lol
and yes, those Nike Red laces save lives r really matching the Vs, no worries~ go to the original Vs thread, i had my blk out laced up with those red laces picture.

And i believe there isn't any site tht has Vs type of laces for sale... if so, someone had posted already... the laces gave lots of us headaches on matching

I saw a pic of the BL's with the red laces...  Not sure where the pic of yours are...

Thanks again...

I'm somewhat glad I didn't pull the trigger until a couple weeks ago because if I started beginning of 2010 I'd have like 20-25 pairs SMH..

I saw a pic of the BL's with the red laces...  Not sure where the pic of yours are...

Thanks again...

I'm somewhat glad I didn't pull the trigger until a couple weeks ago because if I started beginning of 2010 I'd have like 20-25 pairs SMH..

aa435a8cefee431d7fe7175f4f7f47e741d348b.jpg

here is mine.

the shape of the laces r very similar of the Vs laces, so perfectly fine to use them.

I already have 25 pairs of Vs, 6 pairs of iDs... i feel very guilty

Back
Top Bottom