OFFICIAL: ZOOM KOBE V THREAD : UPDATE ON PG.1 RELEASE DATES

I hope its more Big Stages that are released or Bruce Lee's,that would be
pimp.gif

It took so long to release the BS then they release like the bare minimum....So disappointing...

Yeah.. I can't believe they released that limited number of BS. That IS BS! Very happy with mine, though. Might wanna double up on an Away but it's not that important to me. I want them to be THE shoe for my indoor balling!

Originally Posted by marley

Got these in the mail today.  Hated them when they came out.  Fell in love with them over the last few months, lol.
Nice Chaos 4's in the back. 
Haven't been on here for a while. 

Originally Posted by NotoriousMJ23

Anyone figured out what the surprise release is?

I think it has to be something we seen already.

So I'm thinking somthing like:

Da Vinci's
Aston Martin Pack
Restock on Home & Finals
or maybe the shoes Kobe had on in Disneyworld

I honestly don't think they would just pop up and release a shoe that we haven't seen... So that should cancel our hopes for a 5 ring Kobe V.

A restock/re-drop of Bruce Lees or Dark Knights would be nice.

I'll will continue my search.... Or my quest rather to uncover this mystery. Lol
with this whole suprise thing... i would make sense to restock on the big stages since they didnt sell any at the Kobe store at staples during grand opening.... i'll go with a mid september drop.

Originally Posted by lakers911

Hi Guys, I need some assistance here. I was wondering if the Team Duke Blue listed on footlocker unlocked are the same as the TB Blue on Nike/Eastbay?

Links:
Team Duke Blue
http://unlocked.footlocke...m-kobe-v-team-duke-2.jpg

TB Blue
http://www.eastbay.com/pr...v/?cm=57831#sku=07710400

I know that sometimes the pictures from Nike/Eastbay may not reflect the actual shoe, especially for pre-orders, so I wanted to double check if the Team Duke Blue is limited to HOH only. Thanks!
Once we get the shoes in, I will have someone check our warehouse to make sure our picture for the shoe is correct or not.

EastbayRep - Ray

This whole surprise release thing seems to be just one big circle jerk if I had to guess, but I hope it's something more.  
As a collector of 20+ years and a stockholder for the last 10 years the BS release actually prompted me to write a return letter when I received my 2nd quarter statement a couple of weeks ago.  The Big Stage release and how it was handled, or really lack their of from a production and availability standpoint was embarrassing and just a poor lack of for sight.  I understand that Nike has risk in Kobe potentially making the finals, and no one knows for sure if he'll be able to campaign the colorway on 4 to 7 nationally televised games, BUT SERIOUSLY!  If you're Nike, and if you have one of the 5 most popular athletes in the world with one of the 3 most popular shoes going and you have these two amazing colorways that can be marketed as "Finals/Big Stages" or even as a "Milestone" shoe if the Lakers are knocked out by OKC.  I get it that as a KB/Laker fan these shoes represent a phenomenal run and that's why we as fans, or at least some of us want the shoe, but when one of the models is selling for 3X it's original sales price you clearly made a mistake in your allocations of production.  Like I said in my letter back to Nike, in this economy if you release a sneaker in numbers so limited that the resale market doubles it's value, you blew it.  You've still got 4 months of your NOW MOST POPULAR ATHLETE TO WEAR THE SHOE, RELEASE MORE OF WHAT THE MARKET DEMANDS!  

I've never seen Nike kill their own momentum more for a non-retro shoe.  SINCE THE BS DEBACLE, I'VE LOST MY EXCITEMENT FOR THE V, AND NIKE CAN'T AFFORD THAT KIND OF MOMENTUM SHIFT.  PRE-BS RELEASE I WAS 8 PAIRS DEEP, SINCE...0

Let's hope the "surprise" is Nike pulling up their own sack and releasing a shoe we all want so much more of.    

Since 1993 a Quick Strike was always intended to increase demand of an entire model line, not stagnate an already flourishing model.  

J

^^^ ...... Amen?

I don't know what it's gonna be. I just hope that hohny and both hoh nj spots get them.

A 5 rings would be nice... But I just can't see first, it being sighted, detailed pics, and release info being covered in this short of a time fame... As far as a new release/new colorway

but then I think about rice and ace homes..

So I don't know. It's wierd.

If there is a 5 ring... You guys think it will be gradient like tha 4 ring IV?!

I think it's gonna be either like the BS's or the POP's..

I would guess like the POP's.

Only because the playoff pack IV's were gradient, the final IV's weren't gradient... But then the 4 rings were gradient..

So maybe the 5 ring (if there is one) will look like the POP V's... I couldn't see Nike taking a page out of the Big Stage's book.
Unless it's a all yellow with a purple check or all purple with a yellow check. Lol

Bruce Lee's & Dark Knights would be nice.. But I own 2 pairs of both. Lol
Ed could benefit from DK's re-release, so he can stop offering to sleep with other men for a 4th pair of DK's..

And I'm sure niketalkers that missed out would benefit.

Aston Martin pack would be great if they hit the east coast.

Da Vinci's???.... Ehhhhh,, they ok.. But not so hyped to have them re-drop
(but then again, they were stated to drop again as a GR... Hmmmmm "I wonder"

Maybe the surprises are Snake Pools. The MLK would be great but I'd never be able to get them and I doubt they'd release them.

And NotoriousMJ23, the POP IV's weren't gradient?

nike-zoom-kobe-4-pop-1.jpg

The home and away IV's I mean.
The white/purple/gold and black/purple/gold
they wore them the before he debuted the V. Lol

my bad.

So maybe the 5 rings will be something totally new.

Ehhhh. Who knows.
Scshift you right... I honestly wasn't even thinking bout those and called them
POP's

I'm talking about the other two IV's.

I would love for the MLK's to drop...but I can't see that happening

Maybe a V Rings, Hopefully a restock in the Big Stages

So I picked up the Rice homes at HOH. Four colors of the TB. I'll have to go back next weekend for the Lower Marions. Rice aways and USC sitting at $99.

So I picked up the Rice homes at HOH. Four colors of the TB. I'll have to go back next weekend for the Lower Marions. Rice aways and USC sitting at $99.

Janies I couldn't agree more. That release and Nikes whole principal and "exclusive limited release hoopla" has been in extreme poor taste . I hate to say it, but I am really turned off to the sneaker 'game' or so it has become. I stopped buying sneakers since highschool over 8 years ago and this year after going through my old collection that was just sitting, of original Nike basketball sneakers and jordans, etc I ventured back into it to recoup some childhood favorites. To my dismay, the sneaker buying process is just ridiculous with faux market values and such, I'm over it as well :/

From what I've been told from my sources, there is no "surprise" release. The BS release was handled poorly but I've also been told that there are more Big Stages out there. The word is a few factories that handle production for Nike have gone on labor strikes. Before people start well why doesn't Nike pay up, the factories that Nike uses aren't owed by Nike, they are subcontracted through a manufacturer. This is the reason for why Aways only hit LA and why the Homes weren't as widely available. This is also the reasons for why the LeBron MVP has still not dropped.

Recent pick up from Wednesday now I'm up to 2 pair of V's these and the aways

smokin.gif
not bad for 79.99. Blackouts are next

Originally Posted by sarteaga0408

From what I've been told from my sources, there is no "surprise" release. The BS release was handled poorly but I've also been told that there are more Big Stages out there. The word is a few factories that handle production for Nike have gone on labor strikes. Before people start well why doesn't Nike pay up, the factories that Nike uses aren't owed by Nike, they are subcontracted through a manufacturer. This is the reason for why Aways only hit LA and why the Homes weren't as widely available. This is also the reasons for why the LeBron MVP has still not dropped.

So is it a chance that more big stages as a restock once the labor dispute is over?

Originally Posted by HOOD17

Recent pick up from Wednesday now I'm up to 2 pair of V's these and the aways

smokin.gif
not bad for 79.99. Blackouts are next
Nice, now's the time to build your ZKV collection with all these sales/coupons

Back
Top Bottom