* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Sure for Wade, Bosh, and the rest of them other dudes. Lebron not really, hes gonna be making money on and off the court, a lot of money off the court.

Same cant be said for Wade and Bosh, especially Bosh. Hes gonna take that max contract the second its offered to him.

Wad3 might not make the same amount of off the court money that LeBron makes but he makes alot of off the court money.

Also, let's say that they do take less money to play in Miami. The money they save on Florida state income tax laws make up for some of it so that another plus.

I'm gonna put the over/under on that at 1%... It's not happening.

if it did happen though
smh.gif
........and
smh.gif
@ the hornets for low balling Thibodeau ......oh well at least my bobcats will retrain Larry Brown
happy.gif

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2010/jun/06/gays-ready-to-answer-the-bell/
One team that will make a strong run at Gay is the Minnesota Timberwolves. Team owner Glen Taylor and president of basketballoperations David Kahn have already targeted Gay as an attainable playerto uplift the struggling franchise.
http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/06/reshuffled_front_office_isnt_s.html
According to multiple league sources, the Cavs are testing the trade value for point guard Mo Williams, among other players. It is part of what appears to be an effort to tweak the entire backcourt, as Delonte West is also on the trade block. Cleveland Plain Dealer
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq_wCnL0GVqAr6nNMrWp_3S8vLYF?slug=aw-lebroninfluence060510
DwyaneWade isn’t coming to the Bulls, and they know it. He’s recruiting freeagents for the Miami Heat now, and his public disparaging of the Bulls’lack of loyalty to their former great players was mostly directedtoward the ears of his free-agent peers. Wade is sellingthe organizational stability of the Heat, the possibility of playingfor the best available championship coach on the market, Pat Riley. Yahoo! Sports
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq_wCnL0GVqAr6nNMrWp_3S8vLYF?slug=aw-lebroninfluence060510
Cavs first round selection last year Christian Eyenga did not have a very good year in Spain. He was held back aftergetting quite sick early in the season and taking a while to get backto 100 percent. His team struggled and he averaged just 12 minutes, 3.9points and 2.0 rebounds a game in Spanish League play. Theplan is for him to come over and work out later this month with theCavs and then take part in summer league in July. At this point, itdoesn't seem likely the Cavs will sign him this summer. Cleveland Plain Dealer

http://hoopshype.com/twitter.html#ixzz0q4NcwE5R

Originally Posted by h3at23

If Wes says he might be a Bull then it's over. Bron WILL be a Bull

Most people don't believe this, but this is actually fact.  It's funny that Wes is Thibodeau agents now 
pimp.gif

I think Lebron and his team are trying to throw people off in thinking that he is leaning towards the Bulls. Come July 1'st, watch him sign with the Knicks. He just doesn't want to make it so obvious. I think Lebron had his heart set on coming to NY quite a while back. Plus rumors were, Lebron clashed with Mike Brown's offensive strategies. Tom Thibodeau is a defensive coach, which won't help matters. Lebron already stated how impressed he was with Mike D'Antoni's offense when they were part of Team USA.

Originally Posted by PapaPrem

I think Lebron and his team are trying to throw people off in thinking that he is leaning towards the Bulls. Come July 1'st, watch him sign with the Knicks. He just doesn't want to make it so obvious. I think Lebron had his heart set on coming to NY quite a while back. Plus rumors were, Lebron clashed with Mike Brown's offensive strategies. Tom Thibodeau is a defensive coach, which won't help matters. Lebron already stated how impressed he was with Mike D'Antoni's offense when they were part of Team USA.

Good way to rationalize it, but don't think the NY move will happen.  I believe he would go to MIA before NY.  Just my 2 cents.

That's exactly what I was thinking. I think he wants to make this a big event to stay in the news and have the people in New York suprised when he announces he's going to play there. He's probably trying to avoid a tampering investigation too.. I just refuse to believe that he's going to play for the Bulls in Jordan's shadow.

My question about Lebron going to New York is.......Will D'Antoni' have the balls to get in his face and actually coach him? Cause we know he can get angry real quick.

With any established superstar, you know that no coach is gonna ever get in their face. Coaches are expendable. Players the caliber of Lebron, are not.

With any established superstar, you know that no coach is gonna ever get in their face. Coaches are expendable. Players the caliber of Lebron, are not.

I know of atleast 2 coaches that wont let it slide (Pop & Riles). 

Originally Posted by JPZx

^ But not Spoelstra.
Spoelstra will not be coaching the Heat next year, imo. Its almost a guarantee in my mind that Riles is coming back to coach. Its probably one of Wade's demands.

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

^ But not Spoelstra.
Spoelstra will not be coaching the Heat next year, imo. Its almost a guarantee in my mind that Riles is coming back to coach. Its probably one of Wade's demands.

I thought Wade+Riley had a beef
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^ But not Spoelstra.

nerd.gif

beef? that's news to me

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

^ But not Spoelstra.

nerd.gif
Havent heard of that... If Wade and Riley had a beef Wade would be more interested in leaving Miami rather than having more players come to the Heat.

Riley's already said "I'll do whatever is in the best interest of building the team here. Period," Riley added. "Whatever it takes, OK? I'll let you fill in the blanks. ... If some free agent were to say 'I will come here but you must do this,' well, hell, if that happens that day, then I might have to give it some thought."

Thats basically spelling it out - If players who are WORTH it are willing to come to play for the Heat, he's going to be the head coach. No reason for Riles to sit here and say he'll coach for sure, when its not even guaranteed (Despite how high the chances of Wade re signing + another big free agent, its still not set in stone) that he'll have a solid team waiting for him. Riley's in the position right now where if big players dont come, Spoelstra's stuck cleaning up the mess, and if big name guys do come to Miami, hes back on the bench taking control.

Personally, Im sure D Wade is coming back, Im sure Riley is coaching, all thats left is to see whether real big name talent is going to get convinced to come to the team. This talk of Lebron + Bosh is insanity if it comes true. Season ticket holders will get rich, FAST
laugh.gif
. Miami has more rich bandwagoners than anywhere else in the country.

AgentArenas wrote:

Spoelstra said he was given assurances from both Riley and Heat owner Micky Arison that he would be back next season as the Heat's coach. "I didn't take the way everybody else took it," Spoelstra said of Riley's suggestion that he might be open to returning to the bench if a prominent free agent made it a condition of signing with the Heat. "I can see how it's portrayed out there in the media. But I didn't really take it personally. Nothing's changed." Miami Herald
Spoelstra said part of working for "a Hall of Fame presence" in Riley is having to deal with the conjecture. "He and Micky have given me assurances, but it's not needed," Spoelstra said. "And I've told them that." Miami Herald

http://blogs.herald.com/miami_heat/2010/06/thoughts-from-heats-haiti-trip.html#ixzz0q4Fgwo4a

And you believe that? Com'n J, you're one of the smartest dudes in the s&t forum.
The only way spo stays is if Wad3 and/or the prominent free agent(s) are ok with it.

That's like believing the Spaniard has no problem playing in Minny

Wade has been pretty much on record that he's a avid Spoelstra supporter. Riles is always going to blow smoke to the media. It's how he operates.

I thought Wade had some comments earlier in the year that suggested he wasn't too high on Riles coaching the team? Something about the losing season they had after the championship.

Back
Top Bottom