* Offiical NBA Off-Season Thread: I'll give one of my damn kidney's for these Melo rumors to stop *

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by JPZx

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Randolph part of trade talks[/h1]

By Chris Broussard
ESPN.com
Archive

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors have had discussions about a trade that would send forward Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the talks.

3455.jpg

A. Randolph

No trade is imminent, but the Timberwolves have strong interest in acquiring the 20-year-old Randolph. The Warriors, who own the sixth pick in this year's NBA draft, would like to move up to get a higher selection. Minnesota has the fourth pick.

The 6-10 Randolph, who left LSU after one season, played only 33 games last season, averaging 11.6 points and 6.5 rebounds before suffering a season-ending ankle injury.

In December, ESPN.com reported that the Warriors had interest in dealing Randolph and that the team and representatives of Randolph had met to discuss concerns over Randolph's playing time. The team reportedly was unhappy with his maturity.

"If Golden State wants to trade Anthony, we're not opposed to that," his agent, Bill Duffy, said in December. "He hasn't asked for or demanded a trade, but if the Warriors feel it would be beneficial to them to trade him, we wouldn't be opposed to that at all."

Golden State has asked a high price for Randolph in the past. A team source said that continues to be the case.

Minnesota is high on Randolph and has been monitoring his offseason workouts in Dallas, his hometown. Randolph, who weighed 210 pounds last season, has added 20 pounds of muscle, according to two sources.

The discussions between the two clubs took place last week when several teams, including the Warriors, sent representatives to Minnesota to watch 42 potential draft picks work out at the Timberwolves' practice facility.

Link

Awesome... real trade rumor content! Get it done.

He's added 20 lbs. of muscle. He's a PF/big. The speculation of him at SF is off, IMO. He'd be a perfect PF to run with Rubio. I'd love a Love/Randolph/Cousins trio of bigs (deal Jefferson).
wont happen unless K.Love + 4 is the deal

laugh.gif

Randolph is not worth half of that. At least he has proven that he's not from lack of playing time. Summer league games don't count.  It would probably be more like 4 and a throw in for Randolph and 6. Mainly because there's a pretty huge drop off from potential star talent from 4 to 6. They could possibly end up with Favors at 4 instead of Aminu or Johnson at 6.

I understand that Warriors fans value him high, but I don't believe that the Warriors organization value him as high as the fans. I really want to see him play 30 minutes a night for once.

K.Love + #4? Are we talking about the same Anthony Randolph?
laugh.gif
Hell... I wouldn't give you ONE of those assets (4 or Love) for Randolph. Dude rarely played over 25 minutes a game for your team before injuring his ankle.

Dude rarely played over 25 minutes a game for your team before injuring his ankle.

Using that argument about a player coached by Don Nelson doesn't make any sense.
Anthony Randolph is nice.

"Kicking it with Elton Brand of the #Sixers and he thinks they are playoff bound next year with Evan Turner."
[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
[/font]

[font='Lucida Grande', 'Trebuchet MS', Verdana, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Via Jay Williams Twitter[/font]

The Heat are saying Beas was never offered to NJ for Dooling. I still wouldn't be shocked to see a similar trade happen

Ferry to resign as Cavaliers GM

Cleveland Cavaliers general manager Danny Ferry is close to parting ways with the franchise less than two weeks after the dismissal of coach Mike Brown, triggering a dramatic reshaping of the team’s brain trust as it desperately tries to retain LeBron James(notes),  league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Ferry’s contract ends this summer. He had said after the Cavaliers’ second-round loss to the Boston Celtics that he would speak with owner Dan Gilbert to decide whether it was best for him to continue as GM. Gilbert seemed open to having him stay, but Ferry, who was disappointed about having to fire Brown, a close confidante from their days with the San Antonio Spurs, decided to leave less than a month before James becomes a free agent.

Assistant GM Chris Grant is expected to take over for Ferry.

Is it me or does this signal that Lebron is already two feet out the door?

I mean unless they bring in Jerry West or something...who can step into that position, work magic, and re-shape the roster for next year?

There's just no way I can see Lebron playing with that cast next year. No way.

WojYahooNBA

The Hornets and Monty Williams have agreed to the framework of a three-year contract to become the team's head coach, a source tells Y  

The Hornets abandoned their courtship of Thibodeau on Friday afternoon, and GM Jeff Bower quickly offered the job to Portland's assistant

A source briefed on deal says Hornets will hold option on third year of the contract. Final details are expected to be done Saturday.

Link: Hornets, Portland assistant Monty Williams agree to framework of three-year coaching contract

[h1]Sources: Williams to become Hornets coach[/h1]
By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports

After pulling an offer to Tom Thibodeau, the New Orleans Hornets and Portland Trail Blazers assistant Monty Williams have agreed to the framework of a three-year contract to become the team’s head coach, a source briefed on the talks told Yahoo! Sports.

Hornets GM Jeff Bower abandoned his courtship of Thibodeau, a Boston Celtics assistant, on Friday afternoon, and entered into discussions with Williams to take the job. The source says the team will hold an option for the third season of the deal.

WojYahooNBA

After refusing Hornets, Thibodeau has put everything into getting Bulls job. He's hoping for Chicago offer in next 24 hours, sources say

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I hope Tom Thibodeau ends up right back where he started after all of this.

I think you're going to be happier with Monty Williams.

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

I hope Tom Thibodeau ends up right back where he started after all of this.

I think you're going to be happier with Monty Williams.
That's probably the first time that's ever been said.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Using that argument about a player coached by Don Nelson doesn't make any sense.
Yeah I know he's nice I stated that earlier in this thread saying "he put on 20 lbs and a frontcourt of Love, Cousins and Randolph would be tremendous".

I'm saying the Warriors shouldn't expect to get a lot for him considering he didn't get huge minutes. You can say it was Don Nelson and I believe it, but fact is if the dude was nice enough to swap a pick as high as #4, or at least be the main piece in a swap for the #4 pick he would be out on the court at all times, despite what Don Nelson wants/thinks.

I mean, Ray Allen was traded for the #5 pick three years ago coming off a season where he averaged 26 PPG/4 RPG/4 APG. There's no way Anthony Randolph who is an 11 & 6 player can get a pick even higher than what Seattle received for Allen, considering what Ray put up his last year in Seattle.

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Yeah I know he's nice I stated that earlier in this thread saying "he put on 20 lbs and a frontcourt of Love, Cousins and Randolph would be tremendous".

I'm saying the Warriors shouldn't expect to get a lot for him considering he didn't get huge minutes. You can say it was Don Nelson and I believe it, but fact is if the dude was nice enough to swap a pick as high as #4, or at least be the main piece in a swap for the #4 pick he would be out on the court at all times, despite what Don Nelson wants/thinks.

I mean, Ray Allen was traded for the #5 pick three years ago coming off a season where he averaged 26 PPG/4 RPG/4 APG. There's no way Anthony Randolph who is an 11 & 6 player can get a pick even higher than what Seattle received for Allen, considering what Ray put up his last year in Seattle.

Exactly.

People expecting teams to give up the world for him when he hasn't proven much other than a half season of good games and great summer league play.

Trading for him is just as risky as picking a guy in the draft, its not like he's a for sure star.

Also, I think sometimes since we don't always see what goes on in practice and behind closed doors. I honestly believe if Randolph was putting in work in practice against the other bigs, he would be getting plenty of time. I know he was hurt for the majority of the season though. He does need better coaching though, but I'm not giving up a top 4 pick for him. I'll give up a late lottery pick and a project or role player for him, but that's about it.

I do think he can be a great player, but in that case Golden State should look to keep him on the team and get rid of Nelson. Why trade a guy that you think could be great because of the coach, especially if the team isn't doing @%$+? Same could be said about Hollins hurting OJ's development at times, but OJ is still playing good basketball just not the same as he would be playing somewhere else. He's losing trade value because of that, so I'm not expecting a team to offer a well established star for him just because of what HE COULD do given a better opportunity. Its more so of what he's been doing already.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

[h1][/h1]
[h1]Sources: Randolph part of trade talks[/h1]

By Chris Broussard
ESPN.com
Archive

The Minnesota Timberwolves and Golden State Warriors have had discussions about a trade that would send forward Anthony Randolph to the Timberwolves, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the talks.

3455.jpg

A. Randolph

No trade is imminent, but the Timberwolves have strong interest in acquiring the 20-year-old Randolph. The Warriors, who own the sixth pick in this year's NBA draft, would like to move up to get a higher selection. Minnesota has the fourth pick.

The 6-10 Randolph, who left LSU after one season, played only 33 games last season, averaging 11.6 points and 6.5 rebounds before suffering a season-ending ankle injury.

In December, ESPN.com reported that the Warriors had interest in dealing Randolph and that the team and representatives of Randolph had met to discuss concerns over Randolph's playing time. The team reportedly was unhappy with his maturity.

"If Golden State wants to trade Anthony, we're not opposed to that," his agent, Bill Duffy, said in December. "He hasn't asked for or demanded a trade, but if the Warriors feel it would be beneficial to them to trade him, we wouldn't be opposed to that at all."

Golden State has asked a high price for Randolph in the past. A team source said that continues to be the case.

Minnesota is high on Randolph and has been monitoring his offseason workouts in Dallas, his hometown. Randolph, who weighed 210 pounds last season, has added 20 pounds of muscle, according to two sources.

The discussions between the two clubs took place last week when several teams, including the Warriors, sent representatives to Minnesota to watch 42 potential draft picks work out at the Timberwolves' practice facility.

Link

Awesome... real trade rumor content! Get it done.

He's added 20 lbs. of muscle. He's a PF/big. The speculation of him at SF is off, IMO. He'd be a perfect PF to run with Rubio. I'd love a Love/Randolph/Cousins trio of bigs (deal Jefferson).
wont happen unless K.Love + 4 is the deal

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hes not even worth the 4th pick alone yet you want Love too?
laugh.gif

^ Look at dude's sn and laugh at his trade proposal of the #4 and Love. GS fans always overrate their players. Remember them being all hyped up over Brandan Wright?

w/e happened to Brandan Wright, i coulda sworn with the way people talked about him saying he was the next Kevin Garnett
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

w/e happened to Brandan Wright, i coulda sworn with the way people talked about him saying he was the next Kevin Garnett
laugh.gif
shoulder injury sidelined him the whole season.

Originally Posted by Steve Cash

laugh.gif
I still think he got potential to be a solid player. Just needs to be in the right situation. Unfortunately, Golden State isn't the right situation for him either.
laugh.gif

[h1]
nerd.gif

[h1]Rubio won’t play in NBA before 2011; open to move[/h1]
By PAUL LOGOTHETIS, AP Sports Writer 11 hours, 51 minutes ago

BARCELONA, Spain (AP)—Ricky Rubio(notes) is promising NBA fans they’ll get to see his razzle-dazzle, but not before the 2011-12 season—and not necessarily with the Minnesota Timberwolves.

In an interview the Associated Press, the highly rated prospect said he won’t leave Spanish club Barcelona before his NBA opt-out clause comes up after next season. The Timberwolves remain his team of choice, as long as they make improvements following a season where they finished second-bottom in the league standings.

If not, the 19-year-old Spaniard may want to make his NBA debut elsewhere.

“I’m open to everything,
[/h1]

Back
Top Bottom