OG COLLECTOR COLLECTS ALL NEW RETROS IN OG COLORWAYS...thoughts/ concerns?

The rising sun 12's and white red 12's feel MUCH better than the og 12's. The og 12 felt like tanks. I still have them they held up so good The obsidian retro 12 def don't feel as comfy as the last retro 12 that released

Overall, I am all for it! It don't bother me about the shape being off. Especially with cases of lost, destroyed and stolen molds. I'm just happy they release og color ways with minimal change. Now...I do have a complaint on the craftsmanship and sloppy paint and some areas of how the leather is cut. Just lazy and sloppy. The back heal of one of my obsidian 12 looks like the leaning tower of pisa:smh:

@Rob1, trust me. I have been wearing jordans since the late 80's bro. Comfort has def come a long way. Materials not always, but comfort has been for the better. If you wore an og pair of 1 or 2's, I guarantee you will feel every part of the concrete and begging to take them off.

Bro , it doesnt matter if you've worn Jordans since The Romans, There's noway on this green earth that you can compare for ex a pair of OG VI or the 2000 retro with some 2010 var****y VI's, nor 2000 space jams with 2009, nor bred XI 2001's with the cdp :x nor the 2000 V's etc...stop justifying the the trash they gives us and face the depressin fact that Jordans are the most raped kicks in the history of sneaks! Sure , go ahead and keep glorify the new stuff if that makes you feel good , but facts are facts, either you like it or not.

Overall, I am all for it! It don't bother me about the shape being off. Especially with cases of lost, destroyed and stolen molds. I'm just happy they release og color ways with minimal change. Now...I do have a complaint on the craftsmanship and sloppy paint and some areas of how the leather is cut. Just lazy and sloppy. The back heal of one of my obsidian 12 looks like the leaning tower of pisa:smh:

This is the damn truth

The rising sun 12's and white red 12's feel MUCH better than the og 12's. The og 12 felt like tanks. I still have them they held up so good The obsidian retro 12 def don't feel as comfy as the last retro 12 that released

we are not talking about comfort but craftmanship and used materials.
What I like about the retros is the comfort and cutting of the lizard patterned leather
on the retros because the OGs often had too it sticking out above the Jumpman plasitc
tag and the lizzard pattern is different on the left and right shoe.
What the OGs did much better was the fact that the upper leather was softer and less creasing,
the lizzard pattern leather was almost 3 times thicker than on the OGs, the lace loops were
made of metal instead of the cheap molded and now even glossy painted plastic.
Although the OGs were super stiff in terms of midsoles, I played well in them.

@Rob1, trust me. I have been wearing jordans since the late 80's bro. Comfort has def come a long way. Materials not always, but comfort has been for the better. If you wore an og pair of 1 or 2's, I guarantee you will feel every part of the concrete and begging to take them off.
I agree wholly about the I's, disagree about the II's. I remember my II's being quite comfortable.

ive been into jordan for as long as i could. im 27 and pretty much seen it all come together to what it is today. lets face it, the OG's were made better but most of them you cant ware anymore, are beat, or are worth too much money to throw on. i have no problem with retros, but i do have a problem with the prices going up, limited numbers, having to camp, and all that other mess. ive stayed away from jordans lately because to me the brand has become a joke. JB used to be the premiere nike collection. kobe, KD, and bron have taken its place

Last edited:
I understand the whole thing with the molds and what not but there's no excuse for the lack of quality and craftsmanship why my french blue 7's from 02' are made with thicker cut more supple leather, feel more comfortable and the tongue was longer back in 02' and they've managed to hold up better than my Cardinals which I purchased less than a yr ago which have this thin sad excuse for leather a very short tongue, awkward shape and a ****** paint job.  As sad as it is to say majority of people have come to accept it.  If you think JB cant give us a sole that doesn't yellow your'e crazy but why do that when they can save $$, charge more and still sell out in a under an hour and after less than a year and all the retros are yellow just drop another holiday pair and repeat the same steps over and over until ppl just stop buying them which may never happen.  

Market been flooded....
Back when Jordan actually hooped and they released one new Jordan model a year...and they sprinkled in a couple of retros each year, things were good. The anticipation was better, now it is too much....tacky, poor quality mass produced commercialized garbage.

Perfectly stated.

I'mma be honest, it doesn't bother me that the retro of the OG's are slightly different (shape, no Nike Air), people that complain just need something to cry about. Is it me or isn't this how it should be? We could try to keep a pair forever, but the reality is, they deteriorate. I like the fact that you can have a chance to pick up a newer version of what you had previously, Hell, I think Nike should keep reproducing a lot of their shoes like this on a regular basis. I'd be a steady customer. According to the OP, I guess I'm a new school "collector" :lol:. But it's all good. I also agree you buy what you like, don't buy EVERYTHING JB has to offer because all of it ain't hot.

unlike some ppl here i didnt have the luxury of being a year old and wearing jordans i grew up watching him play but i lived in the hood and on welfare so these were a luxury...i didnt get my first jordans til i was 19 all blk 4's for 2 bills..they were uncomfortable..but so far ive only bought the 7s from this month and im going to try to get the 11's,and i dont know what to go of off since ive hard no other js i like the look and i go based on that i dont care what others like..i only like a few anyway 6,7,11 and only the non white colors and not all of them..but exactly get what YOU like, and also jordan doesnt need to slow dow down YOU do..

Last edited:
I hate the Holier Than Thou people who only buy OG colorways and automatically think retro+ colorways are inferior. What would these guys say if the Stealth III dropped in 88?

Last edited:
I agree with that...and I also like my stealth III's and I don't care what anyone has to say about them. In fact, I like a LOT of retro+ colorways (cavs are dope, and I like my cool grey xii's). 
91e79a6f_yxKPb.jpeg

Last edited:
so 'beggers can't be choosers'
regardless of you being a collector for so long or not posting much, this argument gets expressed all the time on here
which doesn't make this notion unique at all
and i disagree

and i had original air jordan releases & can not remember one of them being inferior in comfort to the retros

Minus a few changes, I actually like the fact they are rereleasing og colorways. I have sold some and lost some from old age a crumbling so the releases give me a chance of picking them up.

Releasing these re-retros every year is like Jay-Z releasing his previous albums every year with different cover art and still having them sell out of stores.

There were so many quality and innovative designed releases in the late 90s to mid 2000s i.e. Jumpman Pro, Pro Quick & Pro Strong, Jumpman Team I & II, Vindicates, Quick 6s, Trunners, 3 Percents, Team Showcase etc etc. Now the focus is on retro colorways...literally just new colorways. Since 2007, the  team and signature Jordans have been designed terribly with a huge drop off in the quality of materials. I understand from a business point of view that retros are money makers, but the financial success of the retros has really taken Jordan Brand's focus completely away from the team and signature lines. How many more times are we going to see a fusion with the straps from the VIIIs and midsole from the XIIIs, or a nasty designed Jordan 2011 (and 2012)? Even Carmelo Anthony and Chris Paul's shoes are aesthetically and quality wise  sup-par to what Jordan Brand used to do.

I'm 30, definitely noticed a huge shift in this new generation of "collectors"/"sneakerheads", can't really blame JB/Nike for catering to them. Where they are getting the disposable income from, I don't know, they want to jack their credit up, go ahead.

I liked when releases were a bit more spread out, never cared for a "limited", "LS" or "QS". The easier it is to attain the better, I like wearing my shoes and I don't like waiting in line to get them.

The appeal is in exclusivity and JB/Nike is catering to this generation that is catering for something that is "exclusive" even though it truly isn't exclusive. That is what JB/Nike is selling.

It's too daunting trying to pick up most of these releases and honestly the majority of "Retro +" are uninspiring. I don't know, maybe I'm from the generation that expected more.

I'm buying less frequently, and if I don't get a discount I pass. It used to hurt, not anymore, I'm ok with it and so is my bank account.

Good luck to the new generation, I do feel bad though, they'll never know how it truly was. It used to be a culture, now it's a rat race with no winner in sight. Well, JB/Nike is winning, they love the PR good and bad, the hype, the lines, and ultimately the profits.

I'm 30, definitely noticed a huge shift in this new generation of "collectors"/"sneakerheads", can't really blame JB/Nike for catering to them. Where they are getting the disposable income from, I don't know, they want to jack their credit up, go ahead.

I liked when releases were a bit more spread out, never cared for a "limited", "LS" or "QS". The easier it is to attain the better, I like wearing my shoes and I don't like waiting in line to get them.

The appeal is in exclusivity and JB/Nike is catering to this generation that is catering for something that is "exclusive" even though it truly isn't exclusive. That is what JB/Nike is selling.

It's too daunting trying to pick up most of these releases and honestly the majority of "Retro +" are uninspiring. I don't know, maybe I'm from the generation that expected more.

I'm buying less frequently, and if I don't get a discount I pass. It used to hurt, not anymore, I'm ok with it and so is my bank account.

Good luck to the new generation, I do feel bad though, they'll never know how it truly was. It used to be a culture, now it's a rat race with no winner in sight. Well, JB/Nike is winning, they love the PR good and bad, the hype, the lines, and ultimately the profits.
This right here.  It really doesn't phase me.  Too many people are concerned with what others are doing with their bread.  It's corny.  I'm at the point where I look forward to what Nike Retro has to offer way more than I do JB.  Let them continue to re-release everything, that way I can continue to check shoes off of my list.  I'm now at the point where in the future I'll only have to purchase 3 - 4 JB shoes a year if that which frees me up for other hobbies and on top of that allows me to shift gears from the chase to simply wearing the shoes.

Nike is more worried about short term profit than the nostalgic value of the shoes....the more the pump out, the more money they get....bad quality and everything....

I'm torn...I should be excited about the kilroy 9 pack, but I'm not....54 colors and what doesn't look like good quality...but I do appreciate the fact some youngsters are appreciating the culture..

I dunno, I guess I'm old....

We can all look at it this way, MJ, He dont even play anymore...obviously. Perhaps the quality control on the Retros has gone down because he dont rock these on the court. He dont feel the differences in performance and therefore HE don't care.
He is making Money, Nike is Making Money.
Thats Corporate America.
Never the Less, if they quit making the retro line of JB shoes, I bet we would all freak out...and there would be no JORDAN BRAND to discuss...what a scary notion...8)
PeaCe Gods.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom