OG JORDAN 13 BLACK/TRUE RED 2017 *RETURN OF THE 3M*

Everyone gotta grab them fire roshes and prestos...I mean ultra boost and nmds
Footlocker doing poorly has nothing to do with Nike/JB. That was their scapegoat, because they get Adidas releases. So according to that article wouldn't that make up for JB? Also Under Armour was big for what, one year?

Nike/JB has been trying to do more in direct sales. Why? They sell a sneaker to Footlocker for maybe $110 or $120. They sell that sneaker they get that whole $190. They put it on sale, that's still more than if they sold to FNL or FTL.

And it's just like Amazon is hurting stores and malls, because people like the convenience of ordering online. Footlocker has a crappy website for releases. Footlocker is the last website people go to for in demand releases now. I don't even think of going to their website and often they'll have a FSR. Considering how big e-commerce big is now, it's problematic when your site hasn't been revamped in over five years. It's just a buffet for bots that makes it too difficult. Those two factors are the biggest reasons.

You would do better following JB and Nike's numbers. That was a terrible article by CNN, because stock isn't the only way you tell how a company is doing.

Exactly this.

I've been telling NT for years Nike is trying to be 100% DTC. That's why they're opening all these community stores and outlets at the rate of Target lol.

Adidas Boost Thots don't understand business and only think that because a shoe sits...the brand is dead. Well logic would say Adidas is dead because their products sit as well.

Nike gets paid upfront. Foot locker is greedy and is why they don't meet goals. The whole "rewards" program means nothing when they continually lie about a shoe being "QS" so they don't have to "eat" $20 which they can recoup at tax time. Footlocker also waits years to discount shoes. If all your competition is discounting 30% the first month...why not join them?

Like you said...Footlocker and umbrella is my last choice...so many online options at discount to choose from.

Villa is getting absorbed by DTLR which I'm not a fan of, but Footlocker is to blame for their own brokedom.

I'm not ready to write off brick and mortar stores. They are almost bot proof and managers have been very helpful recently about offering to help with releases. Online sneaker buying is horrible now, I can't speak for regular goods but at least with sneakers I think physical stores will always have value

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I've had the exact opposite experience. Over the last 4 years I have purchased 95% of my shoes online. Mainly because I detest the mall and don't have the time to go. It's gotten waaaay more easier to cop online the last two years. I used to have to set up my command center (2 laptops, 2 iPhones, and an iPad) to cop a GR. Now it's just a couple of clicks at the stop light on the way to Shipley Donuts. I have bought a few pair instore as of late because of the FootApps and, well...they are in stock. Other than that I'm gravitating toward buying even more online for all products. The Walmart app has kept me out of that store for 6 weeks! That is a straight up win!:lol:

Everyone gotta grab them fire roshes and prestos...I mean ultra boost and nmds

Exactly this.

I've been telling NT for years Nike is trying to be 100% DTC. That's why they're opening all these community stores and outlets at the rate of Target lol.

Adidas Boost Thots don't understand business and only think that because a shoe sits...the brand is dead. Well logic would say Adidas is dead because their products sit as well.

Nike gets paid upfront. Foot locker is greedy and is why they don't meet goals. The whole "rewards" program means nothing when they continually lie about a shoe being "QS" so they don't have to "eat" $20 which they can recoup at tax time. Footlocker also waits years to discount shoes. If all your competition is discounting 30% the first month...why not join them?

Like you said...Footlocker and umbrella is my last choice...so many online options at discount to choose from.

Villa is getting absorbed by DTLR which I'm not a fan of, but Footlocker is to blame for their own brokedom.

Nike doesnt get paid upfront. This is false. Footlocker gets to RTV (return to vendor) more than anyone else. Meaning they go straight to nike outlets.

Also, going DTC is not great at all. You have to pay that overhead you never had before. Opening more stores = gotta pay rent, more salaries, benefits, upkeep and yadda yadda.

At the end of the day, it seems good on paper, but its really not.

Nike is going to shoot themselves in the foot later on for going more DTC than anything, because remember the retailers buying from you wholesale is almost guaranteed sales, but if you try to sell it on your own, then if it sells out then great, but if it doesnt? (which 90% of stuff these days dont) then you going to bring down the brand value tremendously.

FullSizeRender.jpg

The rep i spoke with was Killian

Went to the Memorial City here in Houston around 6 yesterday. Pretty much full size runs at all the spots. Definitely waiting till these hit the outlet or get discounted. The quality looks good but not for 190. Congrats to everyone who were able to cop without any issues.

We all knew the "sneaker heads" would shift to whatever brand, shoe was popular. If you like the shoes, it shouldn't matter if they are sitting or not. Some cats in here seem upset that retros are sitting. The sneaker market has more options for different taste, meaning it's something for everyone. Runners will fade in a bit, then the wave will switch to another category. Rinse and repeat.

Nike marketing team is world class. They will figure out away to keep the train moving. I'm sure they forecasted this rate of return when they decided to make release cycles more frequent. Consumers buy off emotions and feelings. Businesses only moves from growth and profit. These shoes cost less than $20 bucks to make. Nike doesn't have to spend money on marketing retros(ig, blogs do it for them for probably free goods or samples as we call it in my industry) so anything over cost is straight profit for them.

The Amazon move was a power move. if all the shoe stores decide to stop carrying Jordans in store, Nike still gets all of there money anyway.

Chess moves not checkers!

Honestly, it would be a beautiful thing for all of us if Jordan Brand completely fails-Nike would throw retros on Nike ID and we would immediately be able to make our dream cws. I hope they keep increasing MSRP, flooding the market with retros, and interest keeps waning so we get closer and closer to this point.

Nike doesnt get paid upfront. This is false. Footlocker gets to RTV (return to vendor) more than anyone else. Meaning they go straight to nike outlets.

Also, going DTC is not great at all. You have to pay that overhead you never had before. Opening more stores = gotta pay rent, more salaries, benefits, upkeep and yadda yadda.

Nike is going to shoot themselves in the foot later on for going more DTC than anything, because remember the retailers buying from you wholesale is almost guaranteed sales, but if you try to sell it on your own, then if it sells out then great, but if it doesnt? (which 90% of stuff these days dont) then you going to bring down the brand value tremendously.

How is it false? They get paid with the option to RTV (line of credit) which Footlocker umbrella rarely utilizes. Footlocker holds onto to retros and sportswear like no other.

Nike is making more by selling straight to consumers because more people rather shop at the outlet than the mall.

It's all psychology. Discounted shoes are going to sell out.

My local outlet makes 75k a day on a slow day. BTS sale last week, they cleared 300k in 1 day (saturday).

Footlocker is for window shoppers who take their phone out and buy online for free shipping and sometimes tax free.

Lol dude said "Adidas Boost Thots don't understand business" and yet he can't even understand how much overhead it costs to run DTC shops. :lol:

Lol dude said "Adidas Boost Thots don't understand business" and yet he can't even understand how much overhead it costs to run DTC shops. :lol:

Yes, cause Nike's business plans don't cover overhead.

Take your cry baby, let me compare every Jordan release to an Adidas *** back to the adidas forum.

Every business operates at a loss and then meets their break even goal which leads to being in the black.

I guess the billions in profit Nike makes means they're doing it all wrong .

Last edited:
Honestly, it would be a beautiful thing for all of us if Jordan Brand completely fails-Nike would throw retros on Nike ID and we would immediately be able to make our dream cws. I hope they keep increasing MSRP, flooding the market with retros, and interest keeps waning so we get closer and closer to this point.

Didn't Nike just say a couple of weeks ago that Jordan Brand was doing so well that they might let them operate independently? We are not privy to all the financials and the strategies but we do know that Jordan brand has upped production numbers. We do know that prices have increased. We do know that while shoes are not selling out day one, most of them are selling out eventually. There are standouts like the All Star 6s, but the other two All Star shoes did sell out. Hell, even most of the 31 colorways sell out eventually. So while there isn't a fever pitch for everything, the shoes are selling..eventually. They might hit the outlets, but that is still money for Jordan.

The one thing I am really sick of is the YouTube channels with a flood of "Jordan Brand is dead" if a shoe sits for more than a week. This is what we all wanted, now that we are getting plentiful supply then the brand is dead? Come on. Can't have it both ways. We need to stop trying to get in the boardrooms and strategy meetings because we don't know all the facts. We don't know what targets are and what expectations are. If Jordan brand is going to get to be like most consumer products when you can buy a full-price day one, or wait for a discount down the line then so be it. Sounds good to me. Benefits everyone. Nike gets their money in the end, people who NEED that shoe at release gte theirs, those who want a discount get theirs down the road.

Dude who works for FTL Corp said earlier this week in the Jordan 1s thread that Nike does get paid up front.

Contrary to popular belief on NT, JB and Nike are both doing pretty well.

Dude who works for FTL Corp said earlier this week in the Jordan 1s thread that Nike does get paid up front.

Contrary to popular belief on NT, JB and Nike are both doing pretty well.

Most people on here don't have a clue on what's going on.

YouTube and social media is partially to blame.

If you go on end, there's nmds for $99. ultraboosts are on sale for $130. You go to adidas outlets you'll find new releases sitting but no one is applying the "sit" logic on adidas because many consumers are shoe thots who follow trends.

It's like they only see "Nike missed their mark" and ignore "Nike profited billions"

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I've had the exact opposite experience. Over the last 4 years I have purchased 95% of my shoes online. Mainly because I detest the mall and don't have the time to go. It's gotten waaaay more easier to cop online the last two years. I used to have to set up my command center (2 laptops, 2 iPhones, and an iPad) to cop a GR. Now it's just a couple of clicks at the stop light on the way to Shipley Donuts. I have bought a few pair instore as of late because of the FootApps and, well...they are in stock. Other than that I'm gravitating toward buying even more online for all products. The Walmart app has kept me out of that store for 6 weeks! That is a straight up win!:lol:

BRUH, U GOTTA BE FROM H-TOWN WITH THAT SHIPLEY'S DONUTS REFERENCE...SALUTE!...HOLLA.

CED B.

Didn't Nike just say a couple of weeks ago that Jordan Brand was doing so well that they might let them operate independently? We are not privy to all the financials and the strategies but we do know that Jordan brand has upped production numbers. We do know that prices have increased. We do know that while shoes are not selling out day one, most of them are selling out eventually. There are standouts like the All Star 6s, but the other two All Star shoes did sell out. Hell, even most of the 31 colorways sell out eventually. So while there isn't a fever pitch for everything, the shoes are selling..eventually. They might hit the outlets, but that is still money for Jordan.

The one thing I am really sick of is the YouTube channels with a flood of "Jordan Brand is dead" if a shoe sits for more than a week. This is what we all wanted, now that we are getting plentiful supply then the brand is dead? Come on. Can't have it both ways. We need to stop trying to get in the boardrooms and strategy meetings because we don't know all the facts. We don't know what targets are and what expectations are. If Jordan brand is going to get to be like most consumer products when you can buy a full-price day one, or wait for a discount down the line then so be it. Sounds good to me. Benefits everyone. Nike gets their money in the end, people who NEED that shoe at release gte theirs, those who want a discount get theirs down the road.

Completely agree. It's generational.

I'm 37, I know a lot of 30 somethings who grew up like me...with parents who weren't buying us shoes.

This generation is spoiled and brainwashed by YouTube personalities and social media collectors.

laney 5s were $49. You could buy $200 17s for $50 on employee appreciation when they dropped the price to $100. A lot of us enjoy discounted shoes.

Even though I resold heavy...when my mom and pops got cut off, the bots took over and raffle tickets came into play...I hated it and wanted them to go back to sitting.

People need to get off this materialistic way of life where you're not cool if your shoe isn't limited or
Expensive.

Most people on here don't have a clue on what's going on.

YouTube and social media is partiall to blame.

If you go on end, there's nmds for $99. ultraboosts are on sale for $130. You go to adidas outlets you'll find new releases sitting but no one is applying the "sit" logic on adidas because many consumers are shoe thots who follow trends.

It's like they only see "Nike missed their mark" and ignore "Nike profited billions"

In the land of 3 Strikes nothing sits its all sellout city. They need to take the cone off their heads

Buying a discount code seems counter productive , right?
not really. in my case i bought one for $12 called nike to apply it after i made the order hours earlier and they applied their own code and let me keep mine to use next time. i saved around $41 and still have a code for cool grey 8's next week. I will do the same thing again, even if they use my code next time i still win.

Was able to stroll into finish line at 1230 and pick up a pair. Something looked slightly off on the right shoe upon first inspetion but couldnt quite put my finger on it. Broke them out of the box later that evening and SMDH! The right shoe is shorter, has a slight wobble and when you start looking at the spacing of everything, it's all ****ed up!

Attachments

• 20170820_113235.jpg
    20170820_113235.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 86
Back
Top Bottom