OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

this is how they should look smh 
The EP looks so good here 
mean.gif

anyone that has the 2016 pair in hand, have they fixed the midsole paint like they did for the remastered IVs?

The last round of releases (TBs and BCs) literally peeled after a couple of wears which IVs would do too..But I noticed with the columbias/tech greys the midsole was actually painted or dyed correctly and not coated with that material that peeled so badly. thanks

This release makes me realize that the red lining camouflages on the fire red black and white cement IIIs looks subtle

But the true blue looks off with it, not just because we were conditioned to see it blue , it just really stands out

Ogs made it look conspicuous

Last edited by a moderator:
Retail pics will be deciding factor

Retail pics usually end up being a bigger turn off than the "early pics."

Lol[emoji]128515[/emoji]

Jb started this "remastered" program with the frag1 then onto the 2015-2016 4,7,1,8,4,5,6, etc... i like the chi/banned 1, whi cement 4, and blk metallic 5 only so far. Looking forward to the xvi navy and 45 spacejams.

But these 3 still have their flaws and i cant believe nike/jb is oblivious. The last time i really liked 3s were around 2007-2008, & better were the 2001/03 & better before that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember seeing the 3s on a guy in my school in '89 thinking they looked plain and boring compared to the 4s that his brother just got.  There's some elements of each of the OG and '16 that have their merits.  The sad reality is that JB is ignoring some obvious elements that simply aren't true to the spirit of their remastered program.  I don't blame them for the tongue though; the OG tongues generally had poor craftsmanship (even more jagged on the 4s).  Their new technique leaves the tongue cleaner, but leaves the color rolled over, which definitely changes the look.

Personally, if the leather is good, and they can address the cracking issue, I'm happy they're making all of these models again so we can enjoy them if we find value in them.  I'm going to skip this release, but hopefully the BC will launch soon; I'll buy them no matter what just to have them!

It's amazing how different one retro is from another in the same year; they're really all over the board with quality/materials/true to OG.  Oh well.  At least they largely got the WC4s right, which is my all time favorite ;-).

Y'all are more nitpicky than my girlfriend. The differences aren't that huge and won't even be noticeable on feet!
I don't remember the originals and I never see anyone wearing any past AJ 3 Retro. People seeing the shoe on feet won't notice the subtle differences unless they're a member of this forum or something. I look at it as a shoe heavily inspired by the original model but maybe not an exact recreation. It's gonna be the best quality version of the shoe you can buy now anyway but the $220 price is up for debate.

I know a lot of people mention the Black Metallic V as an example of the remaster program done right but I do think the III is a little more complex model. I wonder why these aren't as faithful as those.

Last edited:

I don't remember the originals and I never see anyone wearing any past AJ 3 Retro. People seeing the shoe on feet won't notice the subtle differences unless they're a member of this forum or something. I look at it as a shoe heavily inspired by the original model but maybe not an exact recreation. It's gonna be the best quality version of the shoe you can buy now anyway but the $220 price is up for debate.

I know a lot of people mention the Black Metallic V as an example of the remaster program done right but I do think the III is a little more complex model. I wonder why these aren't as faithful as those.
​  Believe me I wish they were closer to the 88 original also.  But these are not that bad at all.  Any retro original 3 with Nike air on the back is better than what we were getting during the years JB was acting like NA branding wasn't that important.

Back
Top Bottom