OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

I'm worried no NA releases have been announced for next year. I know sneaker blogs have created rumours that the BC 3 all star weekend are dropping, which isn't the case.
Ain't Broyals dropping with Nike Air?

8s from the past couple years say sup

I don't have any 8s to compare. I only make that comment because I remember a few guys saying their WC IVs started to crack after a few wears. Mine haven't but I haven't wore them much. Hopefully they don't.

Last edited:
the EP of all true blue releases to date have been grey, this year's has a beige color to it AND the lines are thick. That, along with the navy blue is bad enough since jb already raised the price to 190 to remaster, then added an extra $30 to make it even truer to the og which they failed to do. Every single NA prior to these may not have corrected shape, but they corrected colors and other small details.

Y'all need to stop trying to silence complaints and acknowledge that people have legit gripes with these because of false promises for a very high price. And people certainly were pissed with the 3s from 2011 for the EP and shiny uppers and paint chipping

They also changed the shape of the tabs, unless the shape and higher cut of the cement print is causing the tab to look like that. While the tabs look like an original mold, they do not go with this shoe. They shouldve left the recent Nike Air tabs they used on the 88s from 2013. And I definitely agree with the beige color of the cement print throwing the shoe off the most. Maybe it can be shaded in with pencil :lol:

Last edited:
I'll take a pair of 09s for retail at this point

I need some IIIs back in my life

Not gonna lie $220+ tax for a shoe that looks like **** is not cool

I don't have any 8s to compare. I only make that comment because I remember a few guys saying their WC IVs started to crack after a few wears. Mine haven't but I haven't wore them much. Hopefully they don't.

I had 07 Aquas (I think that was RD?) and then bought the remastered pair. Midsole paint was night and day better on the remastered pair. On all of the 3s, 4s, 8s, etc of years past, its as if they just thinly coated midsoles with one layer of crap. Remastered releases seem as if they use actual dyed rubber for the desired color or use a much stronger paint. I know Im rambling but I'd like to know if these TBs carry on with that improved midsole.

My last BC, TB, and Fire Red midsoles looked like trash after several light wears

8s from the past couple years say sup

I can't say that people who said their WC IV soles started having paint cracks/chipping are lying, but I've easily worn mine 40+ times in various weathers and on various terrain and the midsoles haven't even shown creasing much less any paint issues.

I'm disappointed by these True Blues but if my IVs and Aqua VIIIs are any indication, then we should be getting the first True Blues relatively free from midsole problems in over a decade.

I'm worried no NA releases have been announced for next year. I know sneaker blogs have created rumours that the BC 3 all star weekend are dropping, which isn't the case.
Ain't Broyals dropping with Nike Air?

Is don't fit into that conversation.

I don't see the lack of new announcements as any reason for concern though.

Last edited:
I'm taking my chances and buying em regardless. I just hope JB fixed the paint issues. My only real gripe with em

I can't say that people who said their WC IV soles started having paint cracks/chipping are lying, but I've easily worn mine 40+ times in various weathers and on various terrain and the midsoles haven't even shown creasing much less any paint issues.

I'm disappointed by these True Blues but if my IVs and Aqua VIIIs are any indication, then we should be getting the first True Blues relatively free from midsole problems in over a decade.
Is don't fit into that conversation.

I don't see the lack of new announcements as any reason for concern though.
I'm just worried none are dropping. WC 4s and Blk Met 5s were announced in 2015. We've heard nothing for 2017 yet. Broyals don't count

I'm just worried none are dropping. WC 4s and Blk Met 5s were announced in 2015. We've heard nothing for 2017 yet. Broyals don't count

I understood what you meant, but I don't feel as though them doing something once and then not doing it again alone is substantial reasoning to worry that there aren't any Nike Air releases on the horizon.

I understood what you meant, but I don't feel as though them doing something once and then not doing it again alone is substantial reasoning to worry that there aren't any Nike Air releases on the horizon.
i agree, jb isn't always consistent with trends. We all saw the "year of the ___" end with the 7s

i agree, jb isn't always consistent with trends. We all saw the "year of the ___" end with the 7s

Exactly, that was an actual pattern and they still dropped it at a whim :lol:

They made this early announcement once and it was to kick off the entire return of Nike Air Jordans; it isn't even really a "trend" yet, so building an expectation for it or associating it with anything is too much.

I do think that they SHOULD do it again though simply to build anticipation and help a young ___ plan his upcoming purchases.

Last edited:
TBH, I don't think these will sell out, and it's not because of the "poor quality," or even because of too much coming out in that timeframe, but because of of the fact that they're definitely mass produced.  Too much has dropeed and sold like water in hell, but there were still pairs still sitting around a couple of weeks after RD.  The blue is different from my 2010 EU pair that I sold, but I still like them.  Can't believe they're dropping in 3 weeks though...time is flying too fast...

TBH, I don't think these will sell out, and it's not because of the "poor quality," or even because of too much coming out in that timeframe, but because of of the fact that they're definitely mass produced.  Too much has dropeed and sold like water in hell, but there were still pairs still sitting around a couple of weeks after RD.  The blue is different from my 2010 EU pair that I sold, but I still like them.  Can't believe they're dropping in 3 weeks though...time is flying too fast...
Mass-production + $220 price tag = recipe for having pairs sitting on shelves on release day

That being said, I don't expect the True Blues to last a full week on the shelves though.  At most, big feet sizes might still be on shelves by week 2 of the release.

Mass-production + $220 price tag = recipe for having pairs sitting on shelves on release day

That being said, I don't expect the True Blues to last a full week on the shelves though.  At most, big feet sizes might still be on shelves by week 2 of the release.
Shockingly, even the big sizes be getting scooped because people still use them as trade bait at M&P shops .  A couple of spots in Jerz still had the BM 5's for like two weeks after RD, but it was sparse sizes available only

He and venom the punisher and spawn are my favorites
smokin.gif
Me too. I made some custom NikeiD shoes based on X-Force Wolverine and Symbiote Spider-Man (original drawing). I have a few others too... I'm a comic nut.
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Less than three weeks now. I'm ready to close out the year strong. Especially since there doesn't look like there's anything on the horizon in 2017 that I'm excited about.

I'm out! Copped the BTs so I'll be spending my Black Friday money on some cheap electronics 
laugh.gif
. Closing out the year with the SJs and I'm good.

These are just too shaky for me

Yeah Blue depends on the lighting These things hardbody!

EP won't ever be perfect

Last edited:
Looking good in that vid. Hopefully they'll take rewards coupons on these, $20 off would lessen the blow.

The EP in the front looks uneven in that video. Right shoe looks bigger.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom