OG Nike Air Jordan III Retro True Blue BLACK FRIDAY '16

You tried them on...

You might want to let them break in for a sec before making that call. Let that padding get worked in.

nah, black mettalics sat just as hard and the yin yang 1s are super slept on too

I missed out on the metallic's. I was waiting for that shoe since I bought the first Retro back in 2000.But I just paid for my family vacation and my central heating/ac unit had to be replaced.. Damn

Last edited:
I missed out on the metallic's. I was waiting for that shoe since I bought the first Retro back in 2000.But I just paid for my family vacation and my central heating/ac unit had to be replaced.. Damn
2 things that are way more important tho. dont regret that one bit.

black metallics will come around for you. keep your eyes peeled on the classifieds and eBay.

Caved and bought the last 10.5 from Windy City $189.99 shipped no tax. Missed City Blue so figured this is the best deal I was gonna get.

Still better than $240 Fromm NDC which included tax. Saved $50 off retail.

Solid price, good pick up.

Caved and bought the last 10.5 from Windy City $189.99 shipped no tax. Missed City Blue so figured this is the best deal I was gonna get.

Still better than $240 Fromm NDC which included tax. Saved $50 off retail.

Well done, good price

I think it was just the price point. At $180 or $190 these would've sold no doubt, but $220 had people, myself included, wanting more quality and consistency. Now, I just wanted a pair before they dry out. I know they're $190 at finish line, but with tax that puts it over $200 again.

Exactly, people are willing to accept flaws and in turn will complain less, if a $220 shoe is discounted to $160-190

Last edited:
Maybe slightly snug I guess but these are still TTS. Wouldn't go up .5 up on them.

You tried them on...

You might want to let them break in for a sec before making that call. Let that padding get worked in.
Im with you on that.  I find that these stretch and mold nicer than previous 3s from the last 6 years that was a GR.

Returning my flawless sz 11 finish line pair

Sadly need to save space in my closet for other kicks I want more than these TB3's

Returning my flawless sz 11 finish line pair

Sadly need to save space in my closet for other kicks I want more than these TB3's
Wow. Can't believe you are returning a classic and sacrificing it for probably some wack pair of NMD's or non-OG colorway retro J's that's taking up unnecessary closet space 
mean.gif

Wow. Can't believe you are returning a classic and sacrificing it for probably some wack pair of NMD's or non-OG colorway retro J's that's taking up unnecessary closet space :smh:

All my Js are OG CWs only. I have a ton of non Jordan's that I love (kobes, foams, am90, penny, pippens, barkleys etc) and space is limited nowadays that I'm married with kids. And I hate adidas running shoes. But thanks for assuming you knew :lol:

Last edited:
Wow. Can't believe you are returning a classic and sacrificing it for probably some wack pair of NMD's or non-OG colorway retro J's that's taking up unnecessary closet space :smh:

The Adidas runners are mad comfy though. I'm still going to get these on discount but I've already had 2 pairs of 2001 retros and a pair of the 2011s. I never even wore the 2011 pair and sold them.

Wow. Can't believe you are returning a classic and sacrificing it for probably some wack pair of NMD's or non-OG colorway retro J's that's taking up unnecessary closet space 
mean.gif
All my Js are OG CWs only. I have a ton of non Jordan's that I love (kobes, foams, am90, penny, pippens, barkleys etc) and space is limited nowadays that I'm married with kids. And I hate adidas running shoes. But thanks for assuming you knew
laugh.gif
Since you say all your J's are OG colorways only, why then are you sacrificing a pair of OG 3's with Nike Air, a shoe that has never been released in OG form since the original in '88?

After all I have a wife and kids too and don't have a lot of space to store my collection either, but these 3s are definitely a must have for "OG reasons." That's just me though.

Last edited:
Since you say all your J's are OG colorways only, why then are you sacrificing a pair of OG 3's with Nike Air, a shoe that has never been released in OG form since the original in '88?

After all I have a wife and kids too and don't have a lot of space to store my collection either, but these 3s are definitely a must have for "OG reasons." That's just me though.

Probably because these 3s aren't all that special. If I had limited space, and I had to get rid of something it would be these too. Thank God I don't have to do that...couldn't care less about the shoes, I'm talking limited space that is. Im living a life without limits [emoji]128514[/emoji]

to each their own
I'm not crazy about white shoes, my personal preference
I'd rather save space for black/cement 3's and 4's coming in the next few years, and the royal penny foams in 3 weeks.

the true blue CW isn't all that special to me, OG or not

Last edited:

to each their own
I'm not crazy about white shoes, my personal preference
I'd rather save space for black/cement 3's and 4's coming in the next few years, and the royal penny foams in 3 weeks.

the true blue CW isn't all that special to me, OG or not
Fair enough. I just thought you were gonna come back with that played out "quality sucks" excuse (even though your pair was "flawless") or that "$220 price tag too much" reasoning.

Last edited:
I just got my TB pair, thought I'd post pics of them with my WC 88s:

View media item 2288416
View media item 2288417
View media item 2288432
View media item 2288433
View media item 2288434
View media item 2288435
View media item 2288436
View media item 2288438
View media item 2288441
View media item 2288442I am by no means an expert but what jumps out at me is the TB lacking in leather quality, tongue doesn't seem as nice as 88s and thicker EP on TB as discussed. Cut seems a bit different as well, overall feeling 88s much better. I think TB only for die hard 3 lovers, causal fans should pass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom