Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching Home Alone 2 with this movie notes stuff is pretty cool.

I wish this was a feature embedded on Blu-rays. I like reading about locations and trivia stuff like that.
smokin.gif
watched it as well tonight
pimp.gif
still has me laughing

All you blu ray collectors, do me a favor and pick up Fast Six tomorrow.

Some of that money goes to Paul Walkers charity. Even if you aren't a fan, it's a fun movie, good cause, give it as a Christmas gift or somethin.

Some of that money goes to Paul Walkers charity. Even if you aren't a fan, it's a fun movie, good cause, give it as a Christmas gift or somethin.

Definitely going to pick up my copy tomorrow..

Last edited:
Good to know some money are going to his charity. Got the Walmart Extended Steelbook version.

Last edited:

I called my mom yesterday and said "I know you've been asking for gifts I want and fast6 goes on sale tomorrow and will donate a percentage for his foundation". We both got sad :frown:

I seriously hope they're putting a good chunk towards it. :\

I think the new Godzilla trailer is fantastic, can't wait for it. Gareth Edwards is the right man to direct the film. If anyone saw Monsters which came out in 2010 with Scoot McNairy you'll understand.

Damn it, Godzilla 98 had me hyped and was a piece of ****. I was never gonna be hype for another, but this preview............has me hype as ****. :smh:

They better not be foolin me.

as a favor and a challenge, is there a better acting performance than what Daniel Day-Lewis did in My Left Foot? ******g brilliant performance, man.

as a favor and a challenge, is there a better acting performance than what Daniel Day-Lewis did in My Left Foot? ******g brilliant performance, man.

it's DDL, not much better...only thing is other DDL performances.

You're talking iconic performances...cream of the crop

dude's definitely the best in the world at his craft. he's the only reason i still wanna watch that Lincoln movie.

what other iconic performances would you put up there, Venom?

Caught The Secret Life of Walter Mitty tonight. :pimp:

The 38% it currently has on Rotten Tomatoes is, in a picture...

As a matter of fact I LOVED this film!

Directed and starring Ben Stiller of course. He was tremendous - Now, he was Ben of course, but he had a feeling of despair throughout it all which actually turns out to be perfect for his delivery. No spoilers, but all the little tidbits about his job, parents, sisters, etc... none of it was wasted. Every scene had a reasoning. The cinematography was on par with anything I've seen as of late. This doesn't matter to the plot, but Ben Stiller rocks a beard and stache combo about 4/5 through the movie and he actually doesn't look like pipsqueak Ben Stiller. If I'm him, I go with that look from now on.

Adam Scott proves once again why he ranks as a favorite of mine, and Kristen Wiig was likable for once. Both were 3 and 4 for acting performances, after:

Sean Penn...... :smokin. Loved everything about his character, as well as the performance Penn put forth and brought to us on the screen. You'll see.

Other than the fact that I predicted the ending, it jumps into my Top 5 for 2013. Unquestioned.

Last edited:
If I had to pick a few of my favorite performances…

Jeff Bridges in The Big Lebowski
Anthony Perkins in Psycho
Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight
Malcolm McDowell in A Clockwork Orange
Samuel Jackson AND John Travolta in Pulp Fiction
Christoph Waltz in Inglorious Basterds
Anthony Perkins in Silence of the Lambs
Matthew Broderick in Ferris Bueller’s Day Off
Ed Norton in American History X
Boris Karloff in Frankenstein
Sam Rockwell in Moon
Ellen Burstyn in Requiem for a Dream
Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver
Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men

I tried to leave out genre films, but a few were too good to leave out.

Anybody watch the new series Bonnie and Clyde? Cant believe he got raped in prison :smh: , thats not G at all, and Bonnie is stubborn and annoying. Gonna give it a chance ill watch a few more episodes not feeling it too much though.

Ive watched this new show called Mob City too, its not that bad Ill give that one a few more watches as well to see if it can keep me coming back.

Last edited:
So today I was at the movies and it came down to Catching Fire or Ender's Game. Ended up catching Ender's Game since I knew less about it. It was cool and I can say I enjoyed it. Good story more so than acting. The twist in the end was nice I found myself asking that the whole time halfway through all this training. They kept saying drones so it wasn't a nagging thought in my mind so the reveal wasn't softened much. I kept wondering why children were decided to be the key all of a sudden. That got completely glossed over. Like how does that become the key decision? They got tech to build molecular destabilizers that recharge after 2 min every shot but can't start up a nice gundam/drone program to make warfare really like a video game? Instead, lets get a couple hundred brilliant preteens, put them through some Vietnam style ****** up training just to find the best tactical genius to lead the whole space army against these alien invaders that want our water :lol: Seems damn near everybody but Viola was cool with that. Also when Ender was talking about his brother and sister it seemed to almost imply they were being artificially engineered the way they were two extremes and he was the right balance. Didn't read the book but it seemed off how there was some quota on how many kids you can have and how he "shouldn't have been born"

I wanted more Sir Ben Kingsley, should've showed up early but a nice reveal there as well.

I didn't mind the genocide. That whole truly understand your enemy so now I love my enemy can miss me. Ender was a little ***** boy, he been gave me the emo vibe but he was doing some other badass stuff like he was almost a robot so I couldn't call it right away.

The concept is really good and that's what I liked most and what was done with the story was executed well. Reminds me of recent talks about simulated reality and what's actually real on an absolute vs. metaphysical level but that's a whole other philosophical debate.

Since I watched Ender's Game, I'll probably just wait for the Catching Fire quality bootleg, or blu ray, or **** it until it's on cable.

Coming attractions for this sucked by the way. I know it been came out so I shouldn't expect much but it was either trailers I already saw or crap. One that stands out the most is Eckhart as Frankenstein fighting demons and/or monsters. The hot blond from Chuck and Dexter is in it as well.

Meh to that Godzilla trailer. See the last one and you get the gist of the story so what you'll be paying to watch is better cgi and plenty destruction. At least Kick-*** seems to be on that path to being a leading action star. They need to stop rebooting and at least remake Godzilla vs. some other monster from monster island. I'd pay to see him throw down with King Geedorah.

Robert Downey Jr. in Tropic Thunder. He became a black man. One of the most if not the most artistic and acceptable portrayals (for the modern day) of black face in cinematic history.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

On a more serious note, My Left Foot is great, DDL becomes that artist and you forget once you get in to the story that it's even a performance but it's not even my fav role by dude. I can't currently off the top think of a role by some other actor better in that league at the moment.

EDIT

japanair21 japanair21 refreshed my memory, Bardem in NCFOM, De Niro in TD, Julius and Vincent for sure had just as compelling brilliant performances imo.

Sean Penn...... :smokin. Loved everything about his character, as well as the performance Penn put forth and brought to us on the screen. You'll see.
I would've saw this if the theater had it (or Monument Men but that aint out yet) and I aint even know Penn was in this but he's a great actor so there's no surprise.

I saw Casualties of War the other day and I was just so :smh: and mad how Penn got me to hate his crazy *** character. He even brought some character to Mickey Cohen in Gangster Squad despite how lame it became.
Anybody watch the new series Bonnie and Clyde? Cant believe he got raped in prison :smh: , thats not G at all, and Bonnie is stubborn and annoying. Gonna give it a chance ill watch a few more episodes not feeling it too much though.

Ive watched this new show called Mob City too, its not that bad Ill give that one a few more watches as well to see if it can keep me coming back.
I saw a commercial for Bonnie & Clyde, what network is it on? I'll catch up.

I peeped Mob City's two eps. Can't say how good it is yet but they definitely went hard on the tone of the book. It felt via the narration, cinematography, and screenplay that they were really going for that noir, mystery, detective, **** Tracy like, mob series. Nothing like what you'd be use to if you watch(ed) Boardwalk Empire, The Sopranos, or any of the great mob movies set in that era for the most part. It kinda reminded me of Lawless, a little of the Untouchables, and Mobsters. Hope these actors do these characters justice though.

After seeing Penn's Cohen and just about anybody's Siegel some things were left to be desired. My boy T-Bag is in it so I know he gonna bring the pain though :smokin

Last edited:
Too many good movies to see this month.

American Hustle, Her, Anchorman 2, The Wolf of Wall Street, Walter Mitty, and I know my brother will want to see the Hobbit as well.

Geoffrey Rush in Shine
Russell Crowe in A Beautiful Mind
Ed Norton in Primal Fear

are all some great performances. But in terms of quality, quantity and consistency of iconic performances, DDL is in a class by himself right now.

The great Jason Clarke to play John Conner in upcoming Terminator: Genesis, role for Sarah Conner down to 2 -http://wp.me/p2CCWq-3lk

Back
Top Bottom