Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watch Wolf on Wall Street today and had mix feeling throughout the hold movie. At the end of the movie I felt that I enjoy the movie through the ups and downs of this three hour long movie. I really want to see the uncut version of this movie. I would type my thoughts on the movie but been drinking so dont think it will come out right.

Swear to you all Wolf is up there as one of the best movies I've ever seen. Better review in the morning when I wake up, just wanted to get that post in there now.

The Wes Anderson & Scorsese were the funniest to me... The Baz Luhrmann would've been better if they took an old song & rapped it out or something...

I can honestly say The Wolf of Wall Street is one of the best movies I've ever seen, and a favorite for life. It exceeded all the great expectations I had going into it.

From start to finish, top to bottom, I was entertained. Never did I think "This 3 hours needs to end already"; I could have easily lasted the 4th hour that Scorsese originally filmed (but had to cut for obvious reasons). It's a damn shame Leo likely won't win Best Actor at the Oscars, but he put on a clinic. Jonah Hill was awesome as well. And Margot Robbie :wow: :pimp: , never heard of her TBH until this movie, but she was the tipping point of eye candy in the film that had girls everywhere you looked.

Scorsese with one of his best IMO, at least in a long while. Never did I think "Alright, this is over-the-top obnoxious" or anything like that. I read the book months ago, so I knew what actually went down in Jordan's life, and so to see it all on film visually, to know that's all true.... they had to be portrayed as loud and flashy as they were. Terence Winter with the amazing job as well putting the book into dialogue for a 3 hour film that never felt forced.

This film is far from one thing though: Far from anything the Academy will probably recognize and award, which is a damn shame. Scorsese/Winter have a better shot (well deserved, regardless) at winning though, but we shall see.

Highly recommended. Wish I had it to watch at home again right now.

From those who don't/won't see it as "great', I gotta hear how. What more would you want out of a film than what you saw go down in Wolf?! :lol:

Last edited:
if anyone is interested:

first person to pm me gets an ultraviolet digital download of we're the millers.

Tom Hanks has fallen off for me... He's picking some crappy projects lately...

Agree completely. I also find it somewhat annoying that every year, at the end of the year, he'll show up in a prototypical Oscar-bait film, like Saving Mr. Banks, Unbelievably Loud and Incredibly Close (or whatever it was called), etc. Yet, most of those movies lately have been average to bad.

I'd honestly rather see him do Splash 2 than see him in another movie like the one's he's been making lately.

I liked Unbelievably Loud and Incredibly Close, but that's the only flick I've liked of his lately. I think he's tried finding different kinds of flicks to do, he just hasn't found stuff that ended up being a good movie once it got to film IMO...

Eisenstien's was perfect
laugh.gif
especially since I had a film history class last semester

Being a long time Bond fan (Connery & now Craig only, even though George Lazenby was ok), I'm interested in this mini series on BBC America starring Domminic Cooper. It starts Wednesday, January 29th at 10pm ET. Fleming: The Man Who Would be Bond

& speaking of Cooper, the last movie I saw of his, the Devil's Double was really good. It's loosely based on a real story about Uday Hussein (Saddam's son) making someone undergo plastic surgery to become a body double to thwart assassination attempts & such. It's currently available on netflix. Plus the poster is epic...

My dude from Friday night lights (tv series) now starring in that new horror movie. :pimp:

Agree completely. I also find it somewhat annoying that every year, at the end of the year, he'll show up in a prototypical Oscar-bait film, like Saving Mr. Banks, Unbelievably Loud and Incredibly Close (or whatever it was called), etc. Yet, most of those movies lately have been average to bad.

I'd honestly rather see him do Splash 2 than see him in another movie like the one's he's been making lately.

Same goes for you...did you not see Captain Phillips?!?!?!

I fell asleep during Captain Phillips.

Just got back from The Wolf of Wall Street, probably the best film end to end that I have seen in theaters since the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Zero gripes with the film. Loved everything about it. Great dialogue, great pacing, great acting. Don't see Leo getting a nomination but he transformed himself brilliantly.

I fell asleep during Captain Phillips.

Just got back from The Wolf of Wall Street, probably the best film end to end that I have seen in theaters since the Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Zero gripes with the film. Loved everything about it. Great dialogue, great pacing, great acting. Don't see Leo getting a nomination but he transformed himself brilliantly.

Too much coke and hookers to win best actor :lol:

Back
Top Bottom