Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

2 Guns -
Great on screen chemistry between Mark and Denzel. I love Paula Patton but she kinda sucks as an actress.

Runner Runner -
Meh. This was ok, just ok, nothing special.

Thor: The Dark World -
I'm a huge Marvel junkie and loved the first Thor and The Avengers, so seeing this was a no brainer. While I did enjoy TDW, I do see why others aren't feeling it as much. I'm interested to see how that end credits scene is connected to future films.

The Wolverine -
I had all but given up on the X franchise and the Wolverine character all together after Origins and X3, but The Wolverine won me back. Putting that lizard women's death aside, this movie was surprisingly solid and Hugh Jackman's best performance as Wolverine to date, imo.

Pacific Rim -
I did like this movie and the concept, but some of the bad cgi and 3D scenes almost killed the entire thing for me.

This is the End -
This was actually funny early on, but it took a turn about halfway through and got worse as it went on.

Spring Breakers -
I knew this would be bad but I decided to watch it anyway. :rolleyes

If I didn't know anything about the Marvel Universe & had not seen any of the other X-Men movies or the previous Wolverine movie, I would say the new Wolverine was a serviceable maybe even solid action flick.

Having said that & being an avid Comic reader in my youth with the Wolverine/Japanese storylines being among my favorite, the new Wolverine movie was meh. They deviated from canon in an unnecessary way & I don't like what they made Silver Samurai into. I also think they missed not using Sunfire in the story line.

It was an ok movie. The Viper was straight up corny. The Japanese casting was spot on. Always enjoy seeing Hiroyuki Sanada. The casting of Mariko & Yukio was spot on too. Overall for me, this movie was a missed opportunity. I'm glad I watched it, but it's not one I'll buy on blu ray unless I see it for $7.99 or something...

My 10 year old son liked it though... I guess that counts for something. I had fun watching it with him late last night.

Last edited:
if anyone wants it:

first person to pm me gets ultraviolet digital code for man of steel.

12 Years As a Slave - Every lifeform on earth should watch.

American Hustle - A+ grade acting & directing, F grade plot. 2 hour film feels more like 3.5 because the plot just isn't interesting. Best suspense was waiting for Amy Adams' tit to pop out

Saw White House Down and Olympus Has Fallen last week. I'd give the nod to WHD as the better movie. OHF felt like a straight to video movie. Fallen had better explosions but that was about it. "Get yo hands off my Jordans" :lol:

Finally caught The Conjuring too, I don't watch movies like that often but this was very good in many ways.

Merry Christmas fellas! To all who celebrate, enjoy with your family and friends :pimp: .

Gonna see Wolf late night after dinner with the fam. Can't wait.

American Hustle - A+ grade acting & directing, F grade plot. 2 hour film feels more like 3.5 because the plot just isn't interesting. Best suspense was waiting for Amy Adams' tit to pop out

did it pop out :nerd:

did it pop out :nerd:
Yeah does it? That might be the only way I see it in theaters.

Merry Christmas.

I watched a little of Syriana this morning. I like when Clooney is in roles like this as opposed to when he's being all charmy like in Gravity.

It's a slow movie story wise but it's paced really well.

Last edited:
No it doesn't pop out, but literally it seems like it's about to in almost every scene :lol:

One X-Mas movie that has become a "classic" that I've never really got into is Polar Express. I find it boring, plus the black, lifeless eyes of the characters freak me out.

Back
Top Bottom