Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I loved 21 Jump Street.

They were able to satirize/poke fun at high school movies and cop/buddy movies at the same time. Hill and Tatum were awesome together along with the rest of the cast and I'm really looking forward to the sequel.. even if it's just more of the same.

One of the most underrated comedies of the last 5 years IMO

My wife loves that movie. She cracks up every time she sees it like it was the first time she saw it. It was a lot better than I thought it was going to be.

You know who I think is great in 21 Jump Street? Ice Cube. He cracks me up. "I was talking to your partner - fake ***** handsome McGee."

I really like that Mads Mikkelsen doesn't seem to be going the standard route of doing Hollywood schlock. This looks interesting. I believe Hans Kohlhase is a 16th century European figure (French or German I think).

Also some clips on the upcoming Jack Ryan flick in spoiler mode as there are 4 clips.

Going back to Michael B. Jordan, and how his supporting role in Chronicle even led me to believe that he was headed towards the spotlight...

I can't get Llewyn Davis or the music from it out of my head. Been listening to the records and watching an interview with Oscar Issac today. Thought back to the movie 10 Years that I first saw him in in June, and I said this in here...
My biggest takeaway was either how much I love Justin Long, or the Llewyn Davis cat. Feel like he's going to be a star.
He was, at best, the fifth most prevalent character in that movie, which had an absurdly deep cast. Some actors just really have it.

Isaac is older and has more experience, but neither of them had ever had lead roles, both break out last year with incredible leads in award-season indies, and we seemingly have two males that are next up.

I urge everyone to see Llewyn Davis and Fruitvale as soon as you can if you haven't already.

Last edited:
Have said it before but mike b jordan is def on his way to A list stardom in the next 2-3 years. 2014-2015 is very crucial for him. I hope he gets his fair share of time on screen in that movie That Awkward Moment.

Anyone seen the Lovely bones? Such a underrated movie imo. Hits you a little bit

Dallas Buyers Club screener... movie is definitely recommend. McConaughey went the lengths for this role, and Jared Leto was really good as well.

just got that movie last night, going to watch to tonight.

screener season is in full effect. 
smokin.gif

just waiting on wolf of wallstreet.

Kev, Davis has been on my to watch list. There's just so much out its on the back burner. Plus it's too cold to walk to my independent theater lol

But that movie will def be watched

Age of Uprising seems like all of those action flicks where the anti-hero protagonist goes for revenge after the bad guys kills his wife or family :lol: but set in the 16th century. I'll strictly watch for Mads and hopes of seeing some medieval style killing.

10 years ago i would've said you're nuts but Matthew McCaugnhey has become one of my favorite actors of late. When he wants to act, the dude has chops. Need to watch Mud and Dallas.

Last edited:
Good call on the Dallas Buyer's Club screener. Giving that a run now.

Hope it's better than the American Hustle one. I got an hour in, had **** to do, and am in no hurry to revisit it.

Can anyone recommend some good films that aren't particularly well known? I feel like I've seen every movie in the world and have nothing left to watch.

My Own Private Idaho
Running on Empty
I'm Not There
Salesman (Documentary)
Fish Tank

Really? I thought you would have been one to enjoy American Hustle off the performances alone.

Man the backlash for American hustle is strong :lol:

I enjoyed it a lot even with its faults.

A place beyond the pines and prisoners are the best I've seen this year but I still have a good amount to see.

Blue jasmine especially I need to see

watched Prisoners today.  I loved everything about it, especially the quietness of it

You watch movies from the 70s and its striking how much this trait has disappeared. It's like directors are scared to just let things soak in. A place beyond the pines definitly has this quality too now that I ink about it

However The strongest television on shows have been doing this mad men and breaking bad come to mind.

Movies seem to be getting worse but tv is in a golden age. Well besides the realty shows.

Last edited:

watched Prisoners today.  I loved everything about it, especially the quietness of it
You watch movies from the 70s and its striking how much this trait has disappeared. It's like directors are scared to just let things soak in. A place beyond the pines definitly has this quality too now that I ink about it

However The strongest television on shows have been doing this mad men and breaking bad come to mind.

Movies seem to be getting worse but tv is in a golden age. Well besides the realty shows.
that's my favorite thing about old movies, the stillness.  

I thought prisoners was just "ok".

This may sound a little cold. But I just didn't see the little girls enough to care that they were missing.

I hated the mother as a character. Most of the characters kinda annoyed me.

Last edited:
I need to catch up on so many movies it's not funny...might go see Wolf of Wall Street on Wed since I'm off

If they showed you the girls more you woukd know where they were and whether they were dead or not....

But I can see someone not loving it. It's hard to watch and not always enjoyable at all. Just an excellent thriller and we don't get slough of those

Ny times best picture nominees. Guess who is missing over and over

Can't wait for this. Rock + HBO sounds like a great tandem.

Hope it's better than the American Hustle one. I got an hour in, had **** to do, and am in no hurry to revisit it.

That's how I felt. My friends and I watched the screener, and we found ourselves on our phones halfway through the movie.

Going back to Michael B. Jordan, and how his supporting role in Chronicle even led me to believe that he was headed towards the spotlight...

I can't get Llewyn Davis or the music from it out of my head. Been listening to the records and watching an interview with Oscar Issac today. Thought back to the movie 10 Years that I first saw him in in June, and I said this in here...
He was, at best, the fifth most prevalent character in that movie, which had an absurdly deep cast. Some actors just really have it.

Isaac is older and has more experience, but neither of them had ever had lead roles, both break out last year with incredible leads in award-season indies, and we seemingly have two males that are next up.

I urge everyone to see Llewyn Davis and Fruitvale as soon as you can if you haven't already.

I support everything said here.

I've lose Oscar Isaac for years, glad he's finally becoming a star.

The biggest thing Michael B. Jordan needs to avoid is being type cast. He is on the road to stardom though, he's versatile has the looks and talent. World is his oyster right now.

Back
Top Bottom