Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah she was very natural but she was just a killer. There's a lot of characters you could take for granted given how seamlessly they blurred the lines between fiction and reality and I appreciate it cuz it shows how good they were and how good the writing was. Can't say I had an opinion of her one way or the other. There wasn't a whole lot of depth there. Pretty straightforward and simple. Made me laugh a few times like when she bought the nail gun and when she was telling somebody to shut the **** up but that's about it. You did know that when she was on screen there was a good chance somebody was dying or just died though :lol:

I felt more in some way about Omar just off how he operated. Just appreciate the dedication and the strategic mind.

Last edited:
It wasn't cancelled per se, but it also wasn't renewed. Even between seasons 3 and 4 HBO had a few years gap.

Season 6 was suppose to be about Latinos in Baltimore.

Just finished first season of Bates Motel on Netflix.

Solid show.
No spoilers but I called that ending to the season a few episodes before it even happened.

Still very entertaining tho.
I don't think I can wait an entire year for season 2 to drop on Netflix :nerd:

Last edited:
Just finished watching Neighbors.

Dave Franco has a bright future

Disagree, I think he is a horrible, horrible actor getting by on the reputation of his brother and his fairly decent good looks.

If someone has to ride the coat tails of James Franco, that person is in trouble... Very overrated actor. Can't write either (very nonsensical ramblings that wouldn't even be interesting to read on a blog).

Anybody catch Penny Dreadful?

Already in love after two episodes, amazing writing/cinematography and acting from Hartnett/Timothy Dalton/Harry Treadaway and Eva Green.

Can't say enough about Treadaway and Green through two episodes, I've always loved Eva but she's flourishing on a new level here. The complexity and passion of her character is just :pimp:, not to mention she's as easy to look at as they come.

Never seen Treadaway before this series but he's impressed the hell out of me with his role as Victor Frankenstein. The scene where he meets with Timothy Dalton's character to discuss working for him was absolutely amazing. Also his acting at the reveal of the end of the first episode.

John Logan is a bad man, can't even wrap my head around how you come up with this type of ****.

Last edited:
127 hours was good but I've never liked anything he's done. My opinion of him got even worse when I tried reading some of his writing. How anyone can say he's a literate person or that he's a writer is amusing to me. He's the equivalent to that stoner in high school that thought he was a deep thinker & thought he had the world figured out after listening to The Dark Side Of The Moon for the 1000th time...

I'll admit he's had some awful movie choices but he has oscar potential.

Looking at his line up of movies coming up this year and 2015 it looks like he's in a lot more serious roles. His performance in his new limited released film Palo Alto is being praised highly, so it might be more indicative of what he can do.

I can see him being nominated for a 2nd Oscar within the next 3 years with the films he has lined up. That's just my bold prediction, not a fact obviously.

Last edited:
^ More power to you... If you like his work than good on you. :D

We all have our opinions, tastes...

Last edited:
^ More power to you... If you like his work than good on you. :D

We all have our opinions, tastes...

It's not that I like all of his work. I understand you when you point out his weird art projects and awful movie choices :lol: believe me I know what you're talking about I've seen him do some cringe worthy things.

I guess to me I see Mcconaughey type potential to break out of these silly movies with a nice string of solid performances. It's more of a prediction rather than support of his precious work. I've seen enough flashes of brilliance among the not so brilliant films to feel like he can do what Mcconaughey did very soon.

But we shall see.

First teaser shot of the new batmobile in Batman vs. Superman. Full reveal tomorrow.

Spring breakers, rise of the planet of the apes...that's it, I've seen Spider man, Pineapple Express, 10 min of 127...that's it...don't plan on seeing more. I think Dave is a pretty good actor, or will hopefully grow into being one, like the little brother that has way better stats but the big brother is universally loved so he's always overshadowed. I bet Dave gets an Oscer before James...yea I'm calling it, just wait til he starts taking better roles, save this post.

It wasn't cancelled per se, but it also wasn't renewed. Even between seasons 3 and 4 HBO had a few years gap.

Season 6 was suppose to be about Latinos in Baltimore.
Damn :smh:

Don't know how much I would've liked that, only latinos I remember was Omar's boy and his help when they jacked the supply. I just wanted to see how the Eastside operated but it probably wouldn't have been as much fun with Prop Joe and Cheese dead.

Like I said I would've liked to see McNulty join the FBI and still be stubborn with that tunnel vision giving them problems but that probably would've been down the line.
Just finished watching Neighbors.

Dave Franco has a bright future

Disagree, I think he is a horrible, horrible actor getting by on the reputation of his brother and his fairly decent good looks.
Agree and I gotta say he seems likable. Just isn't good. We won't be seeing him in a whole lot I think. Could've got somebody better for Now You See Me. His situation reminds me of Seth Meyers brother who looks just like him but goofier.
Just finished first season of Bates Motel on Netflix.

Solid show.
No spoilers but I called that ending to the season a few episodes before it even happened.

Still very entertaining tho.
I don't think I can wait an entire year for season 2 to drop on Netflix :nerd:
:lol: Wait until you see what really happened in S2 :lol: :smh:
Anybody catch Penny Dreadful?

Already in love after two episodes, amazing writing/cinematography and acting from Hartnett/Timothy Dalton/Harry Treadaway and Eva Green.

Can't say enough about Treadaway and Green through two episodes, I've always loved Eva but she's flourishing on a new level here. The complexity and passion of her character is just :pimp:, not to mention she's as easy to look at as they come.

Never seen Treadaway before this series but he's impressed the hell out of me with his role as Victor Frankenstein. The scene where he meets with Timothy Dalton's character to discuss working for him was absolutely amazing. Also his acting at the reveal of the end of the first episode.

John Logan is a bad man, can't even wrap my head around how you come up with this type of ****.
Damn you must've watched the 2nd ep today. I caught the 1st ep on demand before the premiere and I posted about it. To me it was just okay, I gave it a pass given it's a new series, and they balanced setting things up for the whole season while entertaining. The ending threw me off given how the main mystery of this demon and where the little girl was didn't get solved (not that I was looking a one and done episodic procedural type ep) and then it felt like we hopped to Frankenstein's monster quickly. The acting and cinematography was good like you say. I wasn't that impressed with Hartnett though, out of all of them.

I'll watch the 2nd ep now.

Spring breakers, rise of the planet of the apes...that's it, I've seen Spider man, Pineapple Express, 10 min of 127...that's it...don't plan on seeing more. I think Dave is a pretty good actor, or will hopefully grow into being one, like the little brother that has way better stats but the big brother is universally loved so he's always overshadowed. I bet Dave gets an Oscer before James...yea I'm calling it, just wait til he starts taking better roles, save this post.
:rofl: Neither of them will ever get Oscars but I can see how far you're willing to go with this. I mean damn man you went from I think Dave Franco is pretty good, has potential, etc. to he's gonna win an Oscar before his bro :lol:

Last edited:
Hey if either of you think either Franco is capable of winning an Oscar, I gotta nice bridge in the 6th borough of NYC I'll let go reall cheap... :wink:

That's because his brother will never win an Oscar. -_- he's no long [Dave Franco's brother] he is now. Dave Franco's brother...I no longer acknowledge his birth name lol. Nah he's good but he overrated.

I said it wouldn't happen but looking at his resume it's possible James does some quirky out there drama flick and gets nominated at the least :lol:

Back
Top Bottom