Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Maybe Nightcrawler or Everest will provide that HOLY BLEEP role to get Jake his deserved shine.

If not son just needs to go be a marvel superhero and get paid.

Last edited:
His "I'm here now" role was supposed to be Jarhead or Brokeback, I think. One disappointed the hell outta people who saw it in theaters, and the other, didn't like...everyone else in it get more hype off it than him? Didn't really happen then, and after Prince of Persia, it probably ain't gonna happen.

He's been a lot better at picking movies lately, and he's always good. He's been around and a big name for so long, that people pretty much made up their mind on dude. Good actor, gets miscast really easily. All his good movies look just like his bad movies, so him being in something, ain't a sign of quality.

Last edited:
JG one of my favorites too and I haven't given up on him getting that Oscar level role, he's just going to have to take a risk by going either Indy and taking less money or doing another out there role like Brokeback.

His only 33 and even though he's been in the game, I still think he's going to reach that other level, he may never be Daniel Day Lewis, but he's going to get his.

Everest looks like it could boost his stock, also the David O. Russell flick, if it ever gets finished.

JG one of my favorites too and I haven't given up on him getting that Oscar level role, he's just going to have to take a risk by going either Indy and taking less money or doing another out there role like Brokeback.

His only 33 and even though he's been in the game, I still think he's going to reach that other level, he may never be Daniel Day Lewis, but he's going to get his.

Everest looks like it could boost his stock, also the David O. Russell flick, if it ever gets finished.

I get that, I just feel like there's so many dudes like him ahead of him: Leo, Fass, Coop, Bale, Hardy, Damon, Isaacs...Gosling... and that's just off the top of my head. When you hear "a Jake Gyllenhaal film," you get no feeling that it'll be good or how good he'll be in it or anything really.

That's not true for any of those names...they sign on, you catch the weebey face. :lol:

Last edited:
Isaacs??

as in Jason Isaacs?

That dude is of the charts 
pimp.gif
eek.gif

One of my guilty pleasure, favorite TV series that got cancelled after 1 season, is Awake. The guy blew me away on that show.

I was pretty bummed to find out it only lasted 1 season 
laugh.gif

Matt Damon finds his way into big projects, but his name doesn't have that appeal in terms of what you're discussing. Contagion, Hereafter, Green Zone. Granted he's on Nolan's new work.

But there are still those duds to make you doubt. He's not a name that would reflect badly, just not a name that sways anymore.

*typo :lol: I meant Isaac, as in Oscar Isaac. But Jason Isaacs is a beast. He's guaranteed to come through every time.

And yeah I liked Awake at first...got a little weak in the middle, but then they cancelled it and the last few eps were so good. :smh: :lol: The finale. :\ :smokin

And I get what you mean on Damon going big, but he had a string of duds or at least disappointing/pretty average movies, and people still look out for great work from him. It's sorta like MM, where if it just sounds like he hitched to something quality, people get really interested. He just hasn't made the best choices since he turned down Avatar.

Last edited:
Oscar Issac already getting that kind of love? I don't feel any type of way when I hear his name. At this point he's the guy that was in Llewyn Davis. Like I aint feel any type of way when I heard he might be in SW other than he's a good actor. I don't feel a buzz when I hear his name attached to something yet.

Damon is kinda leaning in to Cruise territory. It might be a what have you done for me lately but right now with him all that's coming to mind is what was most recent and that's Elysium unfortunately. I aint even watch Monuments Men yet.
Maybe Nightcrawler or Everest will provide that HOLY BLEEP role to get Jake his deserved shine.

:nerd: Aquaman?
That'd probably work but I don't trust DC/WB to get their **** together for such a b-list superhero. So I'd stick to Marvel.
[thread="287925"]Quote:[/thread]

:nerd: Aquaman?
Ehhhh, probably safer for Jake to pick a Marvel character.....

Daredevil?
That passed my mind too. Think they got somebody in mind already for the netflix series.

There's still Ghost Rider, Iron Fist (not that I think he'd be best for that role), Adam Warlock, **** I'd let him audition for Dr. Strange.

those might be some knock off walmart brand "ugz" or Bearpaw boots, but I am 100% sure Ugg Australia does not make anything Harry Potter related.

Besides, I only wear/own the 'classic short boots' in chestnut.

Get it right.

Last edited:
real talk...can someone tell m how to judge actors? Like I always say, you got good bad and serviceable, but ya'll dudes being going hard between Leo v Fassbender...and honestly...it's all a toss up, to be honest it's all the writer/director...

but I'm on my Seinfeld, actors are overrated, and, for the most part, interchangeable.

Tht being said, I've never seen a single role Jake Gyllenhall has been in that I really liked, he's been serviceable in a few things, but I've never seen him in something and been like "Damn" his sister though, I'm a fan of her eve since Stranger than Fiction...on that note, Will Farell doesn't get enough respect, between that and Everything Must Go, I think he has way ore ability than people give him credit for, purely off comedy he falls into that "good" category, but his other roles have been serviceable.

Oscar Issac already getting that kind of love?
Yeah. As far as Oscars go, I'd bet he'd get nominated for one before Jake ever does again.

Damon is kinda leaning in to Cruise territory.
Kinda, but Cruise is never putting his neck out there unless a huge paycheck is coming. And he don't do ensembles or prestige anymore. Damon does that one for them, one for me. It's just Hereafter kinda sucked, and Contagion was just decent, and Candelabra couldn't get in theaters, and it sounds like Monuments Men turned out real mediocre.

But Cruise been done trying since Valyrie? Collateral? I feel like he's been done since the couch jump.

Last edited:
The Iceman :pimp: If it wasn't for this being based on real life I would've been so mad at the end. I wanted him to blast away Ray Liotta and any other fools in his way just so he can get that money and move his family.

Shannon came through again :pimp: The meeting with his bro really shed light on his character as a person. At first I couldn't really get a read on him other than he's dead inside but the reasoning behind it and that there's a bit more to it fleshed him out well. Kukluski is just cold blooded but dedicated to his fam. The way he treated it like a job and how his lies were effortless yet a lot of it was just a mask for a very very angry dude was great.

Seeing Zod team up with Captain America and then waste him later on was worth it.

Oscar Issac already getting that kind of love?
Yeah. As far as Oscars go, I'd bet he'd get nominated for one before Jake ever does again.
Sure but I wasn't really comparing him to Jake or even as far as Oscars go. I was just feeling his name was the odd one out in your list.
Damon is kinda leaning in to Cruise territory.
Kinda, but Cruise is never putting his neck out there unless a huge paycheck is coming. And he don't do ensembles or prestige. Damon does that one for them, one for me. It's just Hereafter kinda sucked, and Contagion was just okay, and Candelabra couldn't get in theaters, and it sounds like Monuments Men was real mediocre. Cruise been done trying since Valyrie? Collateral?
Well yeah but the one for him have been falling flat so even if that's his pattern it's not panning out and Cruise has gone full on action flick for the most part so that's why I said Damon is leaning there more and more.
Dope Film...
Yeah but now that I think about it seems Michael Pena benefitted more off of that. Jarhead all over again :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom