Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Prisoners was rough, man. Finally got to see it tonight after having been interested when it came out. Roller coaster of emotions. Man. That ending
mean.gif
mean.gif

Wish they'd have added closure to Hugh's character. I think Jake ended up finding him, but at the same time I guess you'd never know. Schrodinger's cat.
I think by Jake hearing the whistle loud enough, it eventually led him to finding Hugh.
Prisoners was definitely up there in my top 5 of 2013.
definitely my favorite from last year

I wish they could have the same cast in a sequel but it would be too illogical.

American Horror Story style. Similar crew, same tone, different story. :nerd: I'd be there.

Wish I woulda seen the movie in theaters. I bet the whole crowd weebeyd when the lights came up.

And I just noticed grown Simba. :lol: :smokin

Last edited:
Finally did it also. Watched the pilot of Breaking Bad. Character study on Walt. Just in this first episode he went super ham. I like it, I like it. I def. prefer to watch things after all the hype as died down, I get to appreciate it on my own. I will be watching the rest of this series...hope it doesn't get dry cuz I'm not one to "tough it out." I'm not big into serial shows, but I do like that it has already ended.

Long story short, Breaking Bad x The Wire this summer, and maybe some Soprano's to mix it up.

I think I gotta one of the few to not care about Breaking Bad. Watched the whole series as it was on. Some episodes are great but there were a lot that bored me or left me expecting more.

Mad Men is another huge disappointment. I think HBO or Showtime should have bought that show, it needs that raw edge. Show got boring and I couldn't even finish last season.

As for The Wire, smh. I'm only through two seasons so far and season 2 is one of the worst seasons of a show I've ever had the privilege of watching.

I think I gotta one of the few to not care about Breaking Bad. Watched the whole series as it was on. Some episodes are great but there were a lot that bored me or left me expecting more.

nah, i've had plans to finish it but just never get in the mood to.  One one of these days...

Mad Men is another huge disappointment. I think HBO or Showtime should have bought that show, it needs that raw edge. Show got boring and I couldn't even finish last season.

As for The Wire, smh. I'm only through two seasons so far and season 2 is one of the worst seasons of a show I've ever had the privilege of watching.
Damn, you went for the trifecta.
laugh.gif

Hahahahaha, haven't finished the Wire so can't say much except season 2 was bad. I liked Breaking Bad, just thought it was disappointing at times. Mad Men got boring

If dude went for Seinfeld.. Curb.. Game of thrones.. I'd have to ask what exactly he enjoys in life.. Maybe TV just isn't for him

So I want to start Justified and The Shield on Amazon.

Thoughts? Only heard good things about both shows.

Curb is in my top 3

Seinfeld is great

The Sopranos is in my top 5

Heard Justified was really good

Went in with no expectations and was still disappointed. :lol:
For a movie of it's magnitude there was no memorable moments. None. Nada. Zilch.. ok maybe except...

The two atomic breath scenes :pimp: :pimp: :x

other than that the movie just seemed like a giant blur.

I didn't feel attached to any of the characters except Cranston's
and he gets offed so early :smh:
besides his death didn't even seem important throughout the movie.

CGI was on-point tho.

Not enough fight scenes.

The plot sucked.
The military's tactics made absolutely no sense.
"yea lets just carry this nuclear warhead through a heavily populated city!" :lol:

Movie was a 4/10 for me.

Now that I think about it.. I prefer Pacific Rim over this disappointment.

Great, more of "those" kind of reviews. :rolleyes :lol:

Least it's not just comic films that get these reviews. :lol:

Last edited:
Wow :lol: Mad Men, The Wire, and Breaking Bad. I could give a slide on MM if you thought it was boring. It's really a character and period piece but TW and BB? I still don't get the hate for S2 of The Wire. Maybe it was too drastic and too soon of a change to switch up on cast focus like that. I liked it. I do find it weird so many ppl who've watched hate the 2nd season but still say it's an all time great show. It's only 5 seasons.

And you can't get in the mood for BB? You aint ever in the mood for epicness?
So I want to start Justified and The Shield on Amazon.

Thoughts? Only heard good things about both shows.
Start Justified first.

Not surprised at any negative Godzilla reviews. You gotta detach the logic part of your brain for those type of movies. Just enjoy the cgi and the monster destroying stuff. It's in a similar category to Transformer movies. You're just watching to see cool **** get blown up. Throw plot, good story telling, and good acting out the window.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom