Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

I loved Anne as Selina Kyle/Catwoman, but I would have loved to see Eva in the Nolanverse. Hopefully she'll be considered in the Batfleck spinoff films.

Also stolen from reddit... a higher res version

Uvn3HOs.jpg

Last edited:
Is binge watching a badge of honor? How do you guys digest the show so fast? Doesn't it sully the show?

Maleficent is getting trashed..

And seth Mcfarlene movie is getting even more trashed

Is binge watching a badge of honor? How do you guys digest the show so fast? Doesn't it sully the show?
No or at least I don't think it is. Not for me at least.

I dunno, just pay attention. Doesn't seem that hard but I guess maybe you'd have to already be the type of person that's already logged a lot of hours watching tv and movies. It was kinda pretty easy for me to break out of the waiting a week to catch a new ep format. If you've ever watched a marathon of your older favorite shows that helps. That sets you up to watch shows you've never seen (I recently did that with The Wire). I don't think it's that hard you just gotta kinda watch the show in the vacuum. I do notice that is hard for some ppl when I see their criticisms. They easily get bored or they're focus is split by doing something while watching a show or maybe they find parts of the show not that interesting. I can say it's easy for me to sit down and completely catch all of the clues, most of the references to outside topics, call backs to past eps or seasons, story arcs, red herrings, foreshadowing, and other literary devices the first time around (even for shows I end up not liking) to the point that while the show has you thinking up theories and predicting outcomes some of the stuff you notice goes without saying when you discuss it with other ppl. Biggest challenge in binge watching is clearing out the time in your day to basically watch the equivalent of 3-4 movies in a day.

No. Not at all. I'd probably say cuz I've watched House of Cards like in 4 days that it's probably even better than it probably would be if it was weekly on HBO or Showtime. I guess that may be one thing it comes down to; Shows are experienced differently when they have commercials and then they're experienced a different way again when they don't have commercials and end in like 44 minutes. So an entire series that's like 10-13 hrs per season that can be banged out in 2 days if you really want to almost has a movie like effect that kinda intensifies everything about it. I know I've had that with Luther, Sherlock, Orange is the New Black, etc. I think a lot goes in to it and these show runners, writers, and directors realize the show can be watched that way so they adapt for it. I can specifically see that in the Arrested Development season on netflix. That season would have to be wildly different if it was on tv. Some of it was sort of the format of watching the same ep over and over but from a different character's point of view. So with ppl making these shows starting to accommodate viewers that binge watch it becomes even easier to do it.

Last edited:

Had no interest in seeing either before they started getting reviewed. The bad reviews only support my initial instinct. Same with Edge of Tomorrow. I like Emily Blunt a lot, but nothing about the trailers for the movie piqued my interest at all.

Had no interest in seeing either before they started getting reviewed. The bad reviews only support my initial instinct. Same with Edge of Tomorrow. I like Emily Blunt a lot, but nothing about the trailers for the movie piqued my interest at all.

Um. How is that the same for Edge of Tomorrow?

Edge of Tomorrow is getting outstanding reviews from nearly every film critic.

35 reviews are in on rotten tomatoes and 95% of them loved it.

So... Your instincts aren't so right about that one :lol:

man.. Jennifer Connelly is gorgeous.. give me inventing the abbotts though..

requiem for a dream is rough to watch

I've never been a Topanga guy. She has a lot of Fergie to her face. Body is right, face, eh, not so much.

Now, she if she cleaned my house dressed like that, I'd give her a pass, sure, but otherwise, give me the face with the body.

I need Minka Kelly to hit it big so I can see some more of her work. I was hopin Charlies Angels would work so that could be a thing, but alas....

Back
Top Bottom