Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching Les Mis, one of her faves.

*sigh*

I hate you for this one, Crowe & Hugh. You, too, Hathaway. >:

:lol:

edit: brb watching schindler's list for the lulz >D
:lol: I mean if you find that funny, you find that funny.

Maybe after I watch the movie I can see if there's a false equivalency going on here with your comparing SL to Precious.
Humor is subjective.
Apparently not.
[quote name="Master Zik"][quote name="Hand2HandKing"]:rolleyes  yall serious w this precious is funny stuff?

edit: brb watching schindler's list for the lulz >D
Hey, more posts I get like this to a pretty one off dismissive line in my larger post I might just watch the whole movie in random clips completely out of context for the lulz.

:rofl: I mean that scene right there can easily be in Next Next After Next Two Weeks From Next Friday Friday :lol:[/quote]What, you think that's supposed to upset me?[/quote]
I'm completely lost here. At what point in any of this discourse did it become my aim to make you upset? Especially when it already seems like you are/were?

:lol: It concerns me that spoiled, bro-douches think something like that is funny.
Spoiled? Seriously?

Bro-douches? I don't even know what this is other than your attempt to insult me but it's weird cuz if you believe I am those thing why would it concern you that a person like that finds something like Precious funny given the context I put the movie in? This faux outrage seems more forced with every following reply but maybe I'm wrong and you really are concerned about spoiled bro-douches.

Doesn't offend me; concerns me. Good job showing how much of an insensitive tool you can be, though, intentionally laughing at a scene that you thought would offend.
I didn't laugh at a scene I thought would offend. I laughed at a scene cuz I thought it was funny. Same way I did when I watched the show that showed scenes with commentary that made me laugh. Dropping tvs down a flight of stairs, barely missing the target and then that person tumbles down a flight of stairs. That **** is straight Looney Tunes.

Exactly how or why would I be aiming to offend with scenes from a movie? What kind of motive have you concocted in your mind that I have? :nerd:

The ad-hominem attacks don't move me but I can be all that if you somehow want to feel better about replying in this manner about this. Good job

@ServeChilled81 shogun shogun Finished Rectify s1. A bit on the slow burn side but overall very enjoyable. I'd have a hard time recommending it to most but I thought it really hit that fish out of water feel ala Brody in Homeland s1 with some small town feel of Broadchurch mixed in with that southern style of True Detectives.

Last edited:
Rectify kinda made me feel like I was watching one of those prison / detective documentary shows on a&e. I liked the feel of it.

The scene where his sister heard him enjoying his magazine and when he got a haircut were entertaining.

I'm protesting all black Hollywood depressing *** movies, 'white guilt movies' 12 Years a Slave was the last straw. I mean, it was cool when they were indie and a our thing, but now Precious, Blindside, The Butler, 12 years, Frutivele...like damn are the only emotions black folk have are sadness and pandering comedy?

Long story short, you can't pay me to go see these 'white guilt' movies, should get a damn academy award catagory.

About the mark I stopped watching. Shoulda been on its oceans steez. After watching Ides of March, Clooney is kind of a pretentious douche, it shows in his films.

I'm protesting all black Hollywood depressing *** movies, 'white guilt movies' 12 Years a Slave was the last straw. I mean, it was cool when they were indie and a our thing, but now Precious, Blindside, The Butler, 12 years, Frutivele...like damn are the only emotions black folk have are sadness and pandering comedy?

Long story short, you can't pay me to go see these 'white guilt' movies, should get a damn academy award catagory.
Go watch Think Like A Man then if you think that's all black ppl are portraying in film :lol:

Last edited:
Just watched Paperboys. First of all, Mathew, ***** that's gay...and weird Zachary Efron is a damn star. The kid can act, he's got a wired face...idk how to explain it, not off some Pheonix steez but more like Ryan Gosling. But damn, Efron, Cusack, Kidman, Mathew, Macy Grey...Lee Daniels directed. Damn good movie. Oh yea, Macy Grey was pretty damn good also. And that Planet of the Apes brother was pretty good also. Nicole Kidman looked sexy as hell as that country girl.

Last edited:
If this makes any sense, Alien is probably the better film, but for me, Aliens was much more enjoyable to watch.

And I know I'm late on this, but what's the consensus on Chef? Off the top of my head, it's probably my favorite film of the year. Great cast (minus RDJ), awesome soundtrack, solid story. Just be forewarned, don't watch the movie on an empty stomach. I was damn near salivating at the screen. Made me feenin' for some grilled cheese.

Nothing wrong wit that. Alien is definitely the better made movie but, Aliens is more fun with the Marines and action scenes.

More importantly though, info on that avy :nerd:

Last edited:
Wow, that recent ep of Penny Dreadful. Made you feel like you just been through the ordeal with them. Felt like I felt the fatigue and attrition of basically being cooped up in a haunted mansion with a possessed chick :x :smh: Loved the ending most of all. Son just starts talking in tongues like he possessed too just to exorcise her.

All this just cuz she's got some guilt and psycho trauma over giving up the yambs :smh:

The series dragged early and had this interesting slow pace but now they really got me looking forward to the finale next week.
If this makes any sense, Alien is probably the better film, but for me, Aliens was much more enjoyable to watch.
Ocean's 11 & 12 all over again :lol: I'd go for Alien but I can see the appeal in ppl loving Aliens more.

Had a day off yesterday, had a half day off today.. day off tomorrow.

Pretty sure I'll spend the entire day binge watching Suits :lol:

I started it on a whim after seeing some positive feedback on it in a few places.. needed a summer series to watch.. so far it's pretty awesome. I'm almost done with season 1

Damn. Forgot about Penny Dreadful. Got to watch that and Californication.

I was just focused on True Blood being back. I would give Violet everything.

Last edited:
Had a day off yesterday, had a half day off today.. day off tomorrow.

Pretty sure I'll spend the entire day binge watching Suits :lol:

I started it on a whim after seeing some positive feedback on it in a few places.. needed a summer series to watch.. so far it's pretty awesome. I'm almost done with season 1
Welcome :pimp:

22 Jump Street was an 8/8
Yes I'm serious.
I have not had a better time at the movies all year (and I live next to a 2$ theatre, so I have realistically seen 20-30)
It's right up there with Fault in Our Stars & Lego Movie.
This is where De Niro would be if he ain't turn back :lol: okay maybe not, but seriously, I'm just so impressed.
This is how you make a sequel to a wildly successful comedy.

All of the social commentary on college was expected but the level of hilarity was not.
And they didn't just satirize university, there were shots fired in every direction and that ambition to touch on everything is so appreciated.

Hands down better than the first.
Go see it.

Jump Street is the first comedy sequel I've seen in years that actually worked. It was great.

And in no way, shape or form is Alien better than Aliens. No way, no how.

22 jump street was that Mel Brooks type comedy. It's very self aware and doesn't take itself to seriously. We don't get a lot of comedies like that now a days, they focus on improv. While 22 jumpstreet did that, they also worked with a lot of physical humor and gags which it's hard to improv. Not to mention stunts.

Back
Top Bottom