Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

What is up with the police captain? Something isn't right with that dude. He's weird looking and watches his fiancé ride on top of another guy. They'll probably show him doing scumbag stuff in a flashback.

What is up with the police captain? Something isn't right with that dude. He's weird looking and watches his fiancé ride on top of another guy. They'll probably show him doing scumbag stuff in a flashback.
Yea he weirded me out too and those faces he would make while watching had me laughing

^ Gone Girl looks so intriguing especially since it's coming from Fincher. I like that Tyler Perry is showing up in movies like this & Star Trek...

Welp...another Affleck movie for me to love and everyone else to hate...I'm ready. Tyler Perry, NPH, that one blonde chick who I can't remember from what, but I remember I liked her in it...I'm in...I hope he didn't do it.

Sidenote: Thats how you make a damn trailer, whoever made the trailer for Edge of Tomorrow needs to take notes.

I don't like Tyler Perry movies either but I have an enormous amount of respect on how he built his empire without the help of Hollywood. He did things his way & he amassed a fortune by doing it. Can't knock the hustle :rolleyes...

If you don't like his stuff, you must not like Little Wayne & these rappers out today because it's basically the same thing...

Last edited:
Damnit, they took the trailer down from your site venom.

found it on YT and mark me down for Gone Girl, typical Fincher type movie.. has me hyped.

Last edited:
Susan Sarandon can get it for sure. She is still hot.

All day GILF for sure :evil:
Milo's best work to me: Mob City
I felt all of Mob city to be so fake for some reason or like a D-grade version of all the movies and shows that did it right.
I don't like Tyler Perry movies either but I have an enormous amount of respect on how he built his empire without the help of Hollywood. He did things his way & he amassed a fortune by doing it. Can't knock the hustle :rolleyes...

If you don't like his stuff, you must not like Little Wayne & these rappers out today because it's basically the same thing...
That's a great comparison cuz I don't like Lil Wayne or a lot of these other lame rappers making their riches void of any substance or quality.

I'm not knocking building yourself up in to a self made millionaire but if you gotta appeal to the lowest common denominator to do it you won't get my respect.

eva amurri.. some good genes right there.. only thing remotely redeemable about that adam sandler movie

Last edited:
I liked Mob City a lot.
It reminded me of a Roger Rabbit type or Beatys **** Tracy. I thought it was dope, liked the lens it was shot with and the lighting on the set.
Big Fan, never got the fake or knockoff feeling one time but, crazy

Last edited:
Yeah it did remind me of that. I just didn't like **** Tracy movies. Roger Rabbit was comedy though.

My main thing is story wise it bored me.

Eva Amurri in Californication.
devil.gif

3 eps in Peaky Blinders is losing my attention a bit.

I got past the thick accents of some. Again seems to be more of a story thing. Cilian Murphy is great but everybody else is almost like his damn anchor.

Movies I've watched over the past week or so.

Funny Games (US)
I've seen it before some years ago, when it was coming on HBO. I loved the movie then, I still do. It's a great movie to watch if you have nothing else to do. I'm kind of interested in watching the OG. I'll probably get to it eventually.

Crazy, Stupid, Love
Obviously I'm trying to get through Gosling's whole catalogue :lol: The movie was alright. Very family friendly. Had a few funny moments. Not a bad movie, just not my usual fare.

Blue Valentine (again :lol:)
No clue why I watched the movie a second time. Lol. I was just laying around for the most part of Sunday and didn't feel like watching much else. Movie is still |I:frown:. When I watched the first time I'm thinking like, it's his wife's fault. But then on the second viewing I'm like "well I guess I can see where she's coming from" but still :smh:

Nymph()maniac
Watched the whole thing. And I've gotta say, it's one of the BEST movies I've seen recently. Probably since Prisoners. I loved the character interaction between the main character and the person she tells the story to. The movie had a surprising number of historical, philosophical, and religious references. I loved all of the visuals, mostly in Vol. 1 with fishing and how it all related to the woman. The movie was amazing. I can't image seeing the other hour and a half though. :lol: :x

I've got a question for you guys. What happened to epics? I'm talking Ben Hur, three hour, intermission necessary movies? What was the last one? The only recent movies I can think of that matched it in terms of run time would be Benjamin Button? Maybe, Wolf of Wall Street. But even those movies aren't on that same scale that Ben Hur was. Ben Hur is a movie that just feels massive. Maybe I'm just ignorant to newer ones. I'm just curious of your guys' take.

Watching some season 1 episodes of Banshee again, dude must've got with all the attractive freaks in town. It's good to be sheriff.

The fight with the mma fighter and the albino are still some of the most savage fight scenes i've seen. Straight up painful and nasty.

I've got a question for you guys. What happened to epics? I'm talking Ben Hur, three hour, intermission necessary movies? What was the last one? The only recent movies I can think of that matched it in terms of run time would be Benjamin Button? Maybe, Wolf of Wall Street. But even those movies aren't on that same scale that Ben Hur was. Ben Hur is a movie that just feels massive. Maybe I'm just ignorant to newer ones. I'm just curious of your guys' take.
Does Lincoln count? :lol:

Hollywood don't make epics like they use to. I can't think of many either. There's a lot of long movies out there but not many epics coming to mind especially like Ben-Hur.

Last edited:
Yeah it gets too crazy sometimes but is still a really fun watch for me. Fan of the violence and women. Plus I like the characters.

Movies I've watched over the past week or so.

Funny Games (US)
I've seen it before some years ago, when it was coming on HBO. I loved the movie then, I still do. It's a great movie to watch if you have nothing else to do. I'm kind of interested in watching the OG. I'll probably get to it eventually.

Crazy, Stupid, Love
Obviously I'm trying to get through Gosling's whole catalogue :lol: The movie was alright. Very family friendly. Had a few funny moments. Not a bad movie, just not my usual fare.

Blue Valentine (again :lol:)
No clue why I watched the movie a second time. Lol. I was just laying around for the most part of Sunday and didn't feel like watching much else. Movie is still |I:frown:. When I watched the first time I'm thinking like, it's his wife's fault. But then on the second viewing I'm like "well I guess I can see where she's coming from" but still :smh:

Nymph()maniac
Watched the whole thing. And I've gotta say, it's one of the BEST movies I've seen recently. Probably since Prisoners. I loved the character interaction between the main character and the person she tells the story to. The movie had a surprising number of historical, philosophical, and religious references. I loved all of the visuals, mostly in Vol. 1 with fishing and how it all related to the woman. The movie was amazing. I can't image seeing the other hour and a half though. :lol: :x

Lord of the rings is an epic, Ben Hur also...those others are just long *** movies.

#team2hr>

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom