Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Yeah it has this bland bronze fake dusty gold color scheme to it. Sort of like the background in the 300 movies. I notice Snyder has that type of look to his movies a lot.

300 was one thing. It was everywhere in Sucker Punch, MOS looked drab at times (word to old Lois Lane), and now more of this. So bleak.

Watched divergent. It was bad and dragged on. This movie and that city of bones one failed so bad to be number two behind Hunger Games.

Just finished Hemlock Grove.
There's a lot going on in that show, Dope AF

Who's seen the movie Australia w/ Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman?

random note: I fell in love with Nicole Kidman when she was the yellow bike rider in BMX Bandits

Last edited:
watched cabin in the woods again..

man this movie is dope even with ****** acting.

best horror/thiller film Ive ever watched. Specially when all the monsters get released :pimp:

with better acting and a few tweaks..could have been GOAT.

Caught some of Alex Cross flipping through the channels... Wow, the acting was so bad in that movie... Wow...

Speaking of bad, saw Sabotage... How do you go from End of Watch to this movie?

Ska, the whole thing with only using 10% of your brain was a myth that got debunked but it was a pretty widespread "fun fact" for a long time. The thing is when they say you only use 10% of your brain they're not talking 10% of an area. It's your entire brain but you're only using 10% of it's potential so to speak. So it's like if you're running but not at your fastest you'd say you're running at 10% of your max speed, that doesn't mean only part of your body that's working is your legs, it's your entire body but just not at the highest level. So you can apply example to brain power so the premise can be a bit clearer. So the whole point about the myth was that is you were using your entire brain at 100% all the time it would unlock a whole bunch of stuff regular humans can not do. Also the premise isn't original, since the myth has been around for a while like I've said you can find a whole bunch of other sci fi stories dealing with using more than 10% of your brain and gaining telepathy or w/e type of 6th sense.

As for it being debunked we do use more than 10% of our brain but we do not use 100% of it all the time. The key thing is all the time and I recall watching something on the science channel that when 100% of your brain is active like that it causes seizures anyway :lol: When it comes to what you thought they were talking about, parts of your brain only go in to a sort of rest mode and aren't actively being used when you go to sleep or are in some type of coma.

:wow: This looks REALLY good. How is the OG?

I personally like it a lot, but its 30 years old and was low budget when it was made. So, I could see someone watching it for the first time now seeing it as looking a little basic and cheesy even. Personally, I think the minimalist style of the film works. Makes it more gritty, which matches the tone. Mel Gibson is good as the original Max. Not much dialogue from him, but he nails the intensity of the character.

Last edited:
Finally caught TASM 2.

It was cool; liked it more than the first one.

That homage to the comics though.
eek.gif
Did not think they would take it there.

Guess we'll be seeing Mary Jane in TASM 3.

I'm starting to get frustrated with "The Leftovers'

I need to know something about what's going on here man

Back
Top Bottom