Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

IDK if there is a thread but Married from fx...idk how long it will last but it is the first show that makes marriage seem...ok. The storylines aren't the best, but they don't make marriage seem so bad, thats a nod to the writing.
I signed on to say the ABSOLUTE opposite.

It makes me want to swan dive into oncoming traffic more than get married. It is supposed to be this quirky, "LOL, marriage is hard and we do weird **** to survive it" deal, but it plays more like an absurd, melancholy, required-viewing warning ad for anyone considering marriage so that they don't go through with it.

After two episodes, I can't. I want to see Jenny Slate in as many things as possible, but **** that show.

Conversely, You're the Worst was, like, 80% hilarious again.

Still trending towards predictable, and I'm not sure why any of the other characters exist other than, well, to merely exist (although the scene with the teen pop star was killer), but the leads are pretty golden together.

What the hell is the book store manager from? Some commercials or something, maybe.

I'm half way thru season 2 of BSG................

What characters did yall really like?? Thus far, I only find myself rooting for the cylons :lol:

I see nothing redeemable in these annoying characters/actors 

I remember liking whatever females were hot. Every character has their bad moments on that show.

Conversely, You're the Worst was, like, 80% hilarious again.

Still trending towards predictable, and I'm not sure why any of the other characters exist other than, well, to merely exist (although the scene with the teen pop star was killer), but the leads are pretty golden together.

What the hell is the book store manager from? Some commercials or something, maybe.
See, I'm the exact opposite. I feel like the characters on You're the Worst are contrived, She's some random PR firm and he's a writer...IDK I couldn't sit through an entire episode so maybe it gets better, but after seeing each of them on screen for five min, I turned the channel. Watched him at the book store and her with some teenie bopper client...idk something about the show just didn't click for me.

Married, I've never seen marriage done like that on tv, where nothing was a big deal. The writing isn't the best, the storylines are ok, it's more of a character study but I love the subtitles. Last episode they smoked a blunt, this episode they did some coke, old dude was clearly zonked out and no one ever mentioned anything, like it wasn't a big deal. The both wen out and messed with members of the opposite sex and it wasn't a big deal, just kind of something that happened. I've never seen marriage portrayed like that on a "family" sitcom.

Last edited:
Strange I happen to like Married and You're The Worst for different reasons. Can't all the way disagree with complaints for both shows

But overall I'd say neither are that good after catching the 2nd eps. Married dragged and brought no lulz. YTW was a bit better comedy wise but still felt the same.

Strange I happen to like Married and You're The Worst for different reasons. Can't all the way disagree with complaints for both shows

But overall I'd say neither are that good after catching the 2nd eps. Married dragged and brought no lulz. YTW was a bit better comedy wise but still felt the same.

Married...needs better jokes and mor Slater. I think it's one of those dramedy that are so popular now. Unless it gets funnier, I don't see it making as huge a splash as it could have.

Edit: How is Expendables 3 online already?

It's not even in theaters yet.
The first 2 any good?
eek.gif

there are going to be some "off with their head" moments at the studio, whether intentional or by accident...and yes the first two were money

It's only two and a half minutes long, but I encourage everyone to watch just this scene, and see if they would be very interested in seeing this kid from the Raid 2 do more stuff in the future.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom