Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^That's the one I was looking for and saw on tv that got me really hyped for the show. Really looking forward to it :pimp:

I knew Divergent wasn't for me when I heard all of the Hunger Games comparisons. I mean HG isn't even that good and I watched the first two movies. Plus I bet Woodley didn't help much. I am hoping better for Theo James. A lot of this stuff is just barely more entertaining Ender's Game or as memorable. Plus it's based on books just HG. Seems to me since Harry Potter and then Twilight more authors are looking to just cash in buy writing these teen stories where they build these dark worlds but are approached on that tween crap so it's all watered down.
Watching american hustle... No clue what is going on in this movie
:lol:

I was able to follow it but there really isn't much to follow story wise. Just enjoy the characters

^ admittedly I didn't catch it from the start.. But still was confused even from the point I did pick it up from..

I think I might be out on David Russell (had very high hopes for silver linings playbook).. And started thinking about it a little bit, I might be out on aronofsky too.. As much as I appreciate requiem for a dream, I thought he made the same movie with black swan (addiction and it's dangers)

^^^ Don't you even put Harry Potter and that lame teen vampire franchise is the same sentence.

(Only semi-serious)

^^^ Don't you even put Harry Potter and that lame teen vampire franchise is the same sentence.

(Only semi-serious)
Both lame to me but I was just comparing the trend. Authors writing teen or children fantasy stories where they build their own little dark adventurous world and when they sell options for movies it's really not that good.

I also watched that city of bones crap. Don't know which movie was worse, that or divergent.

Dazed and Confused is playing on vh1. Always a good watch. Love this movie.

agree. Pretty much always worth watching - just for the Wooderson quotes alone. Was on yesterday at the same time Fast Times at Ridgemont High was on another channel. Had trouble deciding what to go with. Watched Fast Times only because I'd seen Dazed more recently.

Also, unrelatedly, saw Guardians of the Galaxy last night and thoroughly enjoyed it. Just a fun popcorn movie. Goes right to the top of my list of the Marvel films.

Dazed and Confused is playing on vh1. Always a good watch. Love this movie.

I watched it last night too and easily one of my favorite films ever. I can tune into any part and get stuck watching it for the rest of the time its on. Affleck as O'Bannion is the f'in worst, knew a kid just like that in high school. I've been quoting McConaughey's character Wooderson for well over a decade now.

I mentioned in the GotG thread that the soundtrack was A1, the soundtrack for Dazed and Confused is also A1.

Read that Linklater plans to do a "spiritual sequel" with the new film taking place in college during the 80's, I couldn't be more in.

Another remarkable thing about Dazed and Confused is that the younger kid who's the central character really is not a good actor, but it doesn't detract from the movie and actually kind of works.

Dazed and confused and empire records are always good rewatch movies.. Whenever they're on I find myself watching for at least a bit

I don't know.. Every character of the many portrayed in Dazed and Confused comes off as a complete **** to me. Only 1-2 are even somewhat likable. I enjoyed Linklater's first movie Slacker more.

Another reason I will see Let's Be Cops - Jake Johnson is on the Shark Week after show wearing Kobe Vs in a colorway I've never seen before.

About to watch The Watchmen, its been a while.

Loved this movie when I saw it in theaters.

Dr Manhattan :pimp:

american hustle was fantastic.

Yea, very little replay value, tho, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
The theme song for Watchmen though..used to be track 4 on my "getting busy" CD.
Smashed many a birds to that song,

Watching Death Proof, forgot how much I enjoyed this movie filled with a number of sexy ladies.

Definitely Tarantino's worst film but still a really dope movie overall, really speaks to how great of director he is and how good of a career he's had for this movie to be his "dud."

I need more bad *** Kurt Russell in films nowadays

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom