Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

^^^ Have you seen Escape from NY and LA? If not, you should. Snake Pliskin is Russell at his baddest.

Kurt Russell in

The Strain is killing me with the theatrics..

I mean the four survivors from the plane are walking around with bloodshot eyes, and paled out faces, and their family/caregivers/manager don't suspect anything.
Ok but, not believable

I just found out Secret Service got pushed back to February. :smh: Going head to head with Fifty Shades of Grey.

The Strain is killing me with the theatrics..

I mean the four survivors from the plane are walking around with bloodshot eyes, and paled out faces, and their family/caregivers/manager don't suspect anything.
Ok but, not believable
Excluding the goth guy their family and friends all notice. They all excuse their look and health by claiming they have the flu. Don't matter now since most of them are dead now anyway.
I just found out Secret Service got pushed back to February. :smh: Going head to head with Fifty Shades of Grey.
Well that's an easy win for anybody that wants to see a cool action spy film. Can't really think it's head to head when it'll be a bunch of females and maybe some gay dudes going to see 50 Shades. Almost two different audiences.

Man.. So sad.. I wasn't his biggest fan.. Thought his act was too over the top sometimes.. But when he toned it down dude was brilliant

Loved him in good will hunting, good morning Vietnam, mrs doubtfire and Aladdin

For a guy who got famous as a comedian, Williams' filmography is remarkably diverse. Comedies, dramas, family, suspense and animation all on there. No way around the fact that not all his movies were good, but I give him a ton of credit for staying on his grind and trying different things.

Was just watching Good Will Hunting the other night (it was on one of the pay channels). Came in on the scene when he "had to go see about girl". Got a little bit fer-klempt when he told Damon's character it wasn't his fault.

My favorite films of his in no particular order were Dead Poets, Good Will Hunting, Moscow on the Hudson, The World According to Garp, Fisher King, & Good Morning Vietnam.

Very sad day... RIP to Robin Williams & condolences to his family. Extremely gifted comedian & actor.

Really enjoyed The Knick.

This could be House in 1900 but with a much higher mortality rate :pimp: :lol:

Those graphic surgery scenes though :x

While it's become a bit cliche and tired with the whole period piece where the negro shows up and proves their worth and to be a quality character it's been seen so much before specifically on tv (Copper, Hell On Wheels, a bit on Mad Men, etc.) this dude playing Algernon handled himself real well within the dynamic of the show and the context of his scenes.

Story is cool, that start had me focused.

For those that don't want to click on the link, I don't care I just wanted to share these words.
-----------------

I Mourn for Robin WIlliams and My Childhood

Sitting in my car, shortly passed 7pm this evening, I learned of the passing of acclaimed comedian Robin Williams.

Blank stare on my face, I was transfixed by the words on my iPhone screen:

"Holy sh*t Robin Williams is dead"

I couldn't believe it. I refused to believe it.

I refused to start my car and drive home. I was in a state of paralysis; the words simply didn't make sense.

The man who played iconic characters that defined my childhood was no more. But he will live on, thanks to the countless amounts of films he's made, and millions of jokes he has told.

I distinctly remember being in my elementary school auditorium watching a man transform himself into an old housemaid. To you Pierce Brosnan is James Bond, to me he's the victim of a "run by fruiting."

Little eight-year-old David was in third grade watching Jack. I remember even back then loving the movie, and feeling so sad when Jack was picked on. But he overcame the bullies and used silly fart jokes and his outstanding size and strength in sports to win his peers over. That film always stayed with me and is one of the most distinct "Robin Williams" films in my memory.

Then there was Patch Adams. Man do I love this film; to this day I get misty-eyed every time I watch it. In a sense, Williams, who plays the doctor that prescribes humor to his patients, wasn't even acting or playing a role in this film. He was just being himself. The red nose that cured all, and the talking skeleton provided endless joy. There isn't a film that echoed Williams' outward credo more than Patch Adams' "laughter really is the best medicine."

You see it's laughter that made Williams legendary: from entertaining the troops and terrorizing the airwaves in Good Morning Vietnam to the classic HBO standups, my favorite still being Robin Williams Live on Broadway in 2010.

But it was the other side of thespian's repertoire that earned him gold. He taught us about "carpe diem" in Dead Poets Society, he woke up the dead in Awakenings with Robert De Niro, and forever took a piece of my cinematic heart in Good Will Hunting.

Sean Maguire was a mentor, he was a visionary, a shameless man who knew his flaws but was loyal to his patients and friends. He delivered my all time favorite monologue in a film and I'm confident it'll never be topped:

Last edited:
Chef could've been better. I felt it turned more into a family film which I didn't like.

Locke is good film. Nice performance from Tom Hardy.

Back
Top Bottom