Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching escape plan

rambo, terminator, 50 cent, white chick from season 2 of the wire aka mike scott's wife

whats there not to like? 

I've been enjoying it so far. Good two eps.

Like the approach and format of the two different character's perspectives being shown split in half. Not sure they needed to added in the mystery of a murder/death but it brings something else in this interrogator/flashback set up. I assume either it's her husband, Pacey, or the Rawls that dies.
Yea I had a debate with myself if I enjoyed the "two sides to every story" approach but the more I thought about it the more I realized how true it is. I am enjoying the show 2 episodes in. Strong leads and solid script - strong directing too.
Looking forward to when the 3rd side (the truth) is revealed to see how it meshes/differs from Noah's and Alison's version.

anyone here watch hannibal? 
Hannibal.
pimp.gif

Myself and a few other NTers love that show.

that show's quality is way too good for network TV

last season ended with the biggest cliffhanger of all time 

Saw X-Men Days of Future Past today. Did not love it. Felt that there was too much going on and that it was hard to follow.

The Judge: Now here's a movie, Damn.

Deep.
It pulled on every emotion for me.
Made me feel unfonfrotable, safe, anxious, familiar, happy, secure, upset, sad, every emotion, just deep.
What an ending.
What an ending...
That's how you tell a story

that show's quality is way too good for network TV

last season ended with the biggest cliffhanger of all time 

I'm glad what's her name fell from that window for not believing in my dude, Will da Gawd. SMH at her giving up the yambs to his arch enemy.

I watched 22 Jump Street yesterday. Pretty good. Ice Cube's daughter in the movie was fire. Jillian from Workaholics was funny. Him learning about how all the gay slurs he yelled in high school were hurtful had me laughing.

Last edited:
Saw X-Men Days of Future Past today. Did not love it. Felt that there was too much going on and that it was hard to follow.

I felt the complete opposite. I thought it was tied with First Class as the best X-Men film and the time traveling was pulled off well and the overall story was easy to understand.

100% agree.

Don't even know how I caught an episode of Impractical Jokers for the first time, but I did. Those four guys think they're a bigger deal than they are -- that's pretty clear -- but the **** they do is actually pretty funny.

did you feel the same way about other xmen movies?

i thought they did a great job with everything they had to fit in, the time travel element, mixing the old and new cast, having like 4 main leads

with that being said, ive rewatched movies like cap 2 and godzilla on my computer the past few weeks but ive never had the urge to sit through the entirety of DOFP again

but still, one of my top 5 favorite actors (fassbender) playing my second favorite comic character is always amazing to see on screen 

So I've got First Class and I've got DOFP.

Haven't seen either, and can't see FC yet (got it on bluray, thinking it was a bluray/DVD combo).

Could I watch DOFP without being completely lost when I eventually watch FC?

Last edited:

Haven't seen either, and can't see FC yet (got it on bluntly, thinking it was a bluray/DVD combo).

yeah, i mean as long as you have some idea of xmen characters

i dont recall there being that many references to FC

No, not that I can recall. But to be fair, I did watch DOFP pretty late and I was tired, so I probably wasn't as focused while watching it as I could have been. Still, I'm not too inclined to give it another watch.

And @DarthSka - no, I don't think its absolutely necessary that you watch First Class before DOFP, but I would if I were you. There are some references in DFOP to stuff that happened in First Class. None of it is essential to following the story of Future Past, but it will make certain things make more sense.

Haven't seen either, and can't see FC yet (got it on bluntly, thinking it was a bluray/DVD combo).

You'll be fine. They kill off any of the extra FC characters in-between movies in a throw away line.

There's literally no plot stuff connected between the two.

No, not that I can recall. But to be fair, I did watch DOFP pretty late and I was tired, so I probably wasn't as focused while watching it as I could have been. Still, I'm not too inclined to give it another watch.
I've been watching movies like that a lot lately 

got the movie playing on my laptop or smaller TV, while playing xbox, while playing Clash of Clans on my iPad, while trying to finish off a nice 6 pack of something.

tired.gif

Beyond Borders was some bull ****.

I was watching at first like okay, this is cool. Lets see what Clive does and I found it funny Angelina was playing a bleeding-heart save the world type. Then she cheats on her husband for the guy risking his life okay, then she straight up ditches her family, brushes son off with no real discussion about why their marriage is over after she already came back from Nam pregnant with the next man's baby having him raise it like it's his and then decides to go look for ol dude who knocked her up when she heard he was in trouble in Chechnya! A ******* war zone :smh: At that point I wanted them both to die. I was wondering if the movie would be so unrealistic to have one woman save this prisoner in this country of all places. Glad at least she died.

2.1/8

Last edited:
Beyond Borders was some bull ****.

I was watching at first like okay, this is cool. Lets see what Clive does and I found it funny Angelina was playing a bleeding-heart save the world type. Then she cheats on her husband for the guy risking his life okay, then she straight up ditches her family, brushes son off with no real discussion about why their marriage is over after she already came back from Nam pregnant with the next man's baby having him raise it like it's his and then decides to go look for ol dude who knocked her up when she heard he was in trouble in Chechnya! A ******* war zone :smh: At that point I wanted them both to die. I was wondering if the movie would be so unrealistic to have one woman save this prisoner in this country of all places. Glad at least she died.

2.1/8

That's honestly one of the more entertaining film reviews I've read on here. Repped.

Back
Top Bottom