Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

yeah at this point its what to expect from him and he does do a good job with it but idk I'm just not as hype for his new stuff as i was a few years ago.

yeah at this point its what to expect from him and he does do a good job with it but idk I'm just not as hype for his new stuff as i was a few years ago.

I'm with you. I still appreciate what he does, but his films are not must-watch-in-theatre movies for me. I can wait to check them out once they're available on TV.

Last edited:
Tarantino's become somewhat redudant with the themes and even actors/actresses in all of his projects - it's no longer fresh and innovative for him to bring back the same people like it once was - but I'm still completely on board with anything he makes. There was an excessive amount of violence and random, gruesome violence in both Django and Basterds, but both were very good so bring on The Hateful Eight! :smokin

Law, I haven't watched the most recent episode of Truth and Lies, but where do Lewis and Phillippe land off of this? Sounds like he's headed for Netflix's Defenders as Danny Rand/Iron Fist, but I don't think the effects will be as positive for Juliette. :lol:

Will Ryan Phillippe even do well in that role/other roles, or Juliette in other roles, I have some skepticism because I just don't think either REALLY utilized the show as a springboard like both could have potentially done.

Last edited:
IMDb TV ‏@IMDbTV · 11m11 minutes ago
Farewell, #HartofDixie. View our updated Bubble list to see what else has been cancelled : http://imdb.to/1bBdCvd

Good feature on IMDB that goes through what network shows have been renewed or cancelled or are on the bubble.

Last edited:
man I'm starting to not care about Q anymore. its always the same **** in every movie. just once i wanna see him do something that doesn't involve a bunch of over the top violence.
It gets to a point that these directors just want to do the movies they like to do. They're not trying to be the best ever or movie the medium forward. They got their fan base and they're content with pleasing them.

I mean it's really no different than getting tired of Woody Allen movies.

But hey maybe that's a good idea. Get Woody to write a script and QT to write one and then they direct each other's movies :lol:

It gets to a point that these directors just want to do the movies they like to do. They're not trying to be the best ever or movie the medium forward. They got their fan base and they're content with pleasing them.

I mean it's really no different than getting tired of Woody Allen movies.

Yeah, but Woody has tried to work outside of his normal wheelhouse at least a couple of times. Match Point, Vicky Cristina Barcelona, a couple others. QT has never really veered out of the violence lane. But people still love his stuff, so if it ain't broke...

i mean with q, the guy writes such brilliant dialogue that idk, i feel like it gets wasted sometimes with the excessive violence. but hey if it aint broke dont fix it so i can't blame him there. just wish he'd try something different.

I'm watching the movie roommates and its pretty funny that there's a part were one says your favorite movie is the devil wears prada and then the other girl says is ok, but its not a classic. LoL

^^^^

Literally every movie he's made has excessive violence, that's like expecting Snoop not to rap about weed. :lol:

That's just dude's style, as long as he finds a way to continuously make great films, I'll still watch.

Agreed.

Imagine him directing a DC or Marvel film :x :pimp:

Let Tarantino direct a punisher or daredevil movie.. Hell give him ghost rider

Just watched this is 40.. My gawd Megan fox is fine

This scene.. :nthat:

Megan-fox-this-is-40.gif
..[

Last edited:

Uh no. QT's style is all about being over the top. Over the top camp, dialogue, and violence. What bout that makes you think he would be a good choice for punisher or daredevil? It sounds disastrous tbh

Last edited:

Uh no. QT's style is all about being over the top. Over the top camp, dialogue, and violence. What bout that makes you think he would be a good choice for punisher or daredevil? It sounds disastrous tbh
Ghost Rider would be on point though.
QT directing a nick fury solo film

I'm all in
I'd accept this too as long as ppl know it'd be over the top with Fury just defying all odds.

if tim burton can pull off batman im sure QT would make an amazing batman movie

where everyone he punches explodes into a pool of blood but somehow no one dies 

Back
Top Bottom