Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Does anyone else feel like Colin Farrell should be a bigger star than he is?
We had this discussion once and almost had it again early this year or late last year.

In the end, I feel dude just didn't capitalize on his opportunity.

Why does tnt continue to make shows? No one watches most of them. Was channel surfing and forgot they had that new show public morals.
The pres of TBS and TNT some time in the summer or spring did say he was looking to revamp both channels for comedy (TBS) and dramas (TNT) to be more of a player the way other cable channels are. I don't know if he wants to be somewhat respectable and decent like USA or a major player like AMC. I recall posting the article or link about it in here myself.

I don't think his initiative started though with the shows I'm seeing like Public Morals and continuing trash like Falling Skies (which looks/feels like a SyFy show with a slightly bigger budget at this point).

So I'd say wait until 2016 for change and dare I say improvement.

If they do cut out original shows what will they be left with? Reruns of Law & Order and Seinfeld? And Conan's late night show.

Last edited:
I think they just need to be a bit more selective with their programming and they can find more critical success.

Tuco's uncle communicating via a bell. Brilliant scene. Hank showing up thanks to the low jack. Getting good. On s2e3 now.

I'm watching the Age of Adaline right now. The voice over seems like the same one in every movie trailer and its used frequently. not digging it

I've read some of the more artsy folk claim that this is the film of the year:

Being Shakespeare, it's cultural, but it looks like it has plenty for the Game of Thrones and The Lord of the Rings audiences. 

Last edited:
Because it's based on actual events? :lol:
no, I mean that as in why was Jake Gyllenhaal wasted for such a tiny role? He barely did or said anything significant the whole movie compared to everyone else, and he's one of the biggest names in the cast other than Brolin. I think this may have just been underdevelopment of his character though.

Last edited:
Has anyone seen sicario? Prisoners and enemy were great movies.

Sicario is the best film in theaters at the moment. The Martian is a close second.

The cinematography in Sicario is breathtaking, literally. (The scene where they're driving into Juarez is magical)

The story unravels w/o any big twists or reveals. A1 all around performances too.

Go. See. It.

I've read some of the more artsy folk claim that this is the film of the year:

Being Shakespeare, it's cultural, but it looks like it has plenty for the Game of Thrones and The Lord of the Rings audiences. 

It's highly anticipated but I still think "Spotlight" and "The Revenant" will be the two best films of 2015.

I can see Fassbender being nominated twice for Steve Jobs and Macbeth but ultimately losing to Leo :wink:

Broke back the only time Gyllenhaal had on screen romantic chemistry honestly
He had chemistry in the movie where he was banging Anne Hathaway.

We need another Tales From The Hood.

Spike you slackin :smh:

He's too focused on dressing like a 12 year old trolling at Knick games.
Eh, Spike's been doing that for 30+ years and has managed to make great movies.

The truth is he's fell off for the most part. His last few movies have had terrible scripts. Son did the Old Boy remake to keep his name out there.

If he wants to be great again, trolling at Knicks games won't get in the way.

Last edited:
Spike Lee?

What does he have to do with Tales From the Hood?

He was one of the producers of the original. His name is on top of the poster.

Last edited:
Watching Black Mass right now.. I'm tempted to turn it off and put on The Departed instead.

It's not bad, but it's just bland. Depp is awesome and there's positive bits here and there, but I'm bored right now.

literally watching the departed right now 
laugh.gif

vera farmiga looks great in this movie 
devil.gif
Departed 
smokin.gif
 Reminds me I should probably watch Infernal Affairs again too. I heard it's on Netflix streaming now.

Damn right about Vera, she also looks great in Up in the Air
devil.gif

Watching Black Mass right now.. I'm tempted to turn it off and put on The Departed instead.

It's not bad, but it's just bland. Depp is awesome and there's positive bits here and there, but I'm bored right now.
I get the vibe that its alot like Public Enemies for some reason

that Scientology doc, Going Clear is horrifying 
sick.gif
roll.gif

Hiddleston is really good at impressions. Was on youtube and a clip of him on The Graham Norton Show was popping up. He did a scene from Heat which was great and De Niro was sitting on the couch also.

I think it's my favorite talk show / interview show. Watching an ep now with Stallone, De Niro, Carrie Mulligan who is struggling to not have a nip slip, and Jonah Hill.

Hank's after effects from killing Tuco. Some good writing in this show. That transition in Walt. Telling Jesse to handle the junkies that robbed their dealer.

Up to s2e6 gonna try n crank out 3 or 4 more eps tonight after the Cubs game.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom