Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Watching sin city: a dame to kill for.. Not that great

But umm they shouldn't have recasted miho

Last edited:
Gosling's coming out in that movie with Bale, Carell & I think the other big name is Pitt?

I'm pretty sure the trailer was posted in here not too long ago.

I just remember he had a hideous hair piece/wig :lol:

Last edited:
Gosling's coming out in that movie with Bale, Carell & I think the other big name is Pitt?

I'm pretty sure the trailer was posted in here not too long ago.

I just remember he had a hideous hair piece/wig :lol:
Yep, the Big Short. If done right, will be among the best of the year.

IMDb ‏@IMDb · 21m21 minutes ago
#BadBoys 3 may happen a lot sooner than you think: http://imdb.to/1MeKZ2l #MovieNews

giphy.gif

Now it's time to watch an actually good movie.. Sin city a dame to kill for, was just bad.. No clue how, it had some quality actors in it and the same director as the 1sr movie

Anyhow, just started no country for old men

Hank's after effects from killing Tuco. Some good writing in this show. That transition in Walt. Telling Jesse to handle the junkies that robbed their dealer.

Up to s2e6 gonna try n crank out 3 or 4 more eps tonight after the Cubs game.
pimp.gif

Please keep writing about your thought on the show. It's like we get to re-live the show
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I actually started rewatching a few weeks ago too..... onS5E5, forgot how stressful the show had me 

Calling it good would be a stretch. I watched it over the weekend and didn't even bother posting about it in here.

I watched wondering why do ppl think the comic was good enough to adapt :lol: The first movie was okay but this, so meh.

I can appreciate the aesthetic. I love me some noir but this is like drowning in noir. Stories sound like they'd be good but end up being so hollow and bad. Plus some of these gun fights are so silly like they're made to prop up that strong guy :lol: :smh: Henchmen straight up not shooting their automatic weapons so the behemoth could get closer to bludgeon them. That 2 person assault on the house was just plain dumb.

The women all looked good in this though; Jamie Chung, Eva Green, Rosario Dawson, and Alba :evil:

He had chemistry in the movie where he was banging Anne Hathaway.
Eh, Spike's been doing that for 30+ years and has managed to make great movies.

The truth is he's fell off for the most part. His last few movies have had terrible scripts. Son did the Old Boy remake to keep his name out there.

If he wants to be great again, trolling at Knicks games won't get in the way.

Agree wholeheartedly about Spike in regards to his film.

He simply isn't a good filmmaker anymore. His last great film was "25th Hour" which came out in 2002.

"Inside Man", his most lucrative & came out in 2006, was good/entertaining, but was far from great, imo.

Since then he's made a string of unwatchable films. "Old Boy" was an embarrassment, honestly.

Yet, Spike continues to critique current directors for their film choices like he didn't make an absolute horrid film titled "She Hate Me".

I wish he would stick to making documentaries.

What happened to Gosling? Haven't seen him in anything recently.

He was tied up past year and a half directing his first feature film "Lost River, which came out in April. Movie was absolute rubbish btw

The Big Short trailer looks good. I'm a sucker for films centering around the financial district being that's where my career is heading.

If you're interested in "The Big Short", I highly recommend watching:

Too Big To Fail
Margin Call
Boiler Room
Inside Job (The 2010 Documentary)
Wall Street

Bruh the head on the turtle :x
Jesse becoming a legend because of the meth head crushing her husbands head with the atm :lol:
Better call Saul debut :lol:

Damn. Those numbers are so bad. Should've just made an animated film, this re-imagining stuff didn't interest anyone. Make a Lost Boys movie about them murking pirates. Too bad Rufio is gone.

Calling it good would be a stretch. I watched it over the weekend and didn't even bother posting about it in here.

I watched wondering why do ppl think the comic was good enough to adapt
laugh.gif
The first movie was okay but this, so meh.

I can appreciate the aesthetic. I love me some noir but this is like drowning in noir. Stories sound like they'd be good but end up being so hollow and bad. Plus some of these gun fights are so silly like they're made to prop up that strong guy
laugh.gif
mean.gif
Henchmen straight up not shooting their automatic weapons so the behemoth could get closer to bludgeon them. That 2 person assault on the house was just plain dumb.

The women all looked good in this though; Jamie Chung, Eva Green, Rosario Dawson, and Alba
devil.gif
I turned it on a good bit through and they were on the joseph Gordon-levitt storyline, so no clue how much I missed..

but yea, the movie was pretty bad.. thought the other chick was better miho

I caught the first part of it, from the car scene.. Then when brolin was taking pics of the infidelity

:x Damn I was hyping this movie hard last year when I saw the trailer!

Not me. Felt like it had fail written all over it from the jump. Not even sure why. But seems like fantasy movies like this have been very hit and miss in the last few years. The Peter Pan "brand" isn't strong enough to have carried it to decent numbers. Just don't think there's enough people out there who care what Peter Pan's backstory is.

Disney going to make everything into a live action movie. Aladdin and The Lion King would be interesting. The only live action Peter Pan movie worth a damn was the greatness that was Hook. They had that other movie a few years ago and now this one.

Back
Top Bottom