Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Dopest show outta all these/ which ones should I watch:

The Walking Dead  (heard s1 wasnt good)

Homeland (midway into season 1 a while back but accidentally read spoilers for brody for s1 and s2 smh. Still worth it?)

Fringe

Sons of Anarchy

Orphan Black 

The Bridge

The Fall

Also what are some dope/cool movies? Down for anything really. Just something really interesting

WTF they're eating Bob

Last edited:
I can't see Hiddleston as 007 at all :lol:

More like a traitor in a Bond movie.

Totally agree. He'd be like the former 009 who left the agency and started his own terror cell.

They need to introduce more 00 agents. Goldeneye was awesome. And if they don't want to make Idris 007 then make him 008 or something. I would be for spinoff movies about other agents.

It would be cool if the next bond film had the villain jump sides, become a agent in training and reveals that he was only a puppet to the master villain.

I've seen bits and pieces, but want to sit down and watch the new Muppets show because I've liked what I've seen.

A lot of people have been critical that it takes away a lot of the essence of the original Muppets show, but I'm all for giving us a new spin on iconic characters. I love the old Muppets and even the new Muppets movies, but rather than just see a redo of those original shows/movies, I'm all for reimagining the show in a modern light.

It's a very creative take on the Muppets property. They use the mockumentary style very well.

There are some adult themes to it... even indirect references to sex, which is a bit weird for some puppets but not offputting.

They have some creative scenes. And they use the celebrity cameos very well.

From what little I've seen - the ep with Josh Groban and where the bear steals from Jay Leno - the show for me captured the same thing I loved about The Office when I first got in to it and I'm well aware it's with the same mockumentary format. Seems different cuz of the cast and just as entertaining while not the same humor.

With that said, going off with Big J mentioned and some of the protest I heard about it these muppets are treated even more so like adults. They're all in adult situations. Show almost doesn't seem like it's for kids :lol: More than before it's like a world where muppets exist and are treated no differently than ppl and that's how they mix in the adult themes with the sillyness. While it's probably no more edgier than the other ABC comedies because their muppets they seem more edgy with it's content.

I'm gonna find the time and just watch the whole season.

Last edited:
Wow, didn't know there was Muppet Show. Besides weather and news, I haven't watched other TV in almost 4 years. I'll check it out.

Yeah, I think approaching them as adults is really smart and fresh. Between the themes, references and storylines, it definitely doesn't seem geared towards kids in the slightest. The only thing it really has going for kids is the cute factor of how the Muppets look.

In last week's episode, the Groban storyline was fantastically written, and the Leno storyline had an Office-esque feel. I like that they use the celebs for good stories, rather than just have their cameo be the story. The Liam Hemsworth, Nick Offerman, and Christina Applegate storylines in the other episodes were equally good.

For those who have only caught an episode, definitely catch up.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think approaching them as adults is really smart and fresh. Between the themes, references and storylines, it definitely doesn't seem geared towards kids in the slightest. The only thing it really has going for kids is the cute factor of how the Muppets look.

For those who have only caught an episode, definitely catch up.

I'm old enough to have watched the original Muppet Show and movies and I love the way they've updated it. It's 30 years later and times and sensibilities have changed. What this Muppet Show does just seems like natural progression to me

Andre Holland, who plays Dr. Algernon Edwards on The Knick, is on Andy Greenwald's podcast tomorrow. Excited for Season 2. :pimp:

Andy Greenwald @andygreenwald 1m
THE KNICK returns Friday. But Dr. Algernon Edwards is on call tomorrow. instagram.com/p/80wVnPLlEH/

Back
Top Bottom