Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

S3 is so damn good. Hank's demise attacking Jesse. Tuco's cousins trying to kill Walt and then taking out hank. Gus tipping off Hank. This getting too good. On e8 now.

You're about to hit the best peak of the series imo.

Season 4 was the greatest single season of any show I've watched by far. It was just perfect in every way. Season 5 was great in it's own right but it was more of a bonus greatness. Like the expansion pack to a game of the year. I never wanted that show to end man. They could have strung out adventures of walt and jesse for so much longer. Never would have gotten old.

everything after the halfway point in the 3rd season is a crazy ride, like season 1/2/first half of 3 are good but gilligan takes it to a new level after that :smokin

I've been binging on HBO's Girls this weekend.

I've been aware of this show since it's pilot but I always thought it would be a bore...

Boy, was I wrong 
laugh.gif

Elijah & Adam are hilarious 
laugh.gif

Girls was dope. I ate the show up initially. I quit after Season 2 though, it was on rinse and repeat for me

Last edited:
Heads up on those watching The Affair, seems like Showtime is putting up eps a week in advance like it does time to time for certain series. I had watched ep 2 like a few days ago.

The homey Pacey is so pathetic in this :lol: :smh: His version of things are just so depressing and yet I can't help but think he had something to do with framing Noah thinking he can scheme his way back to Allison.

Also given that we're still covering that same day, I'm digging the format even more. Plus we got to see Noah was in the suit and not some leather jacket :lol:

The Walk was an extremely awesome movie to watch in an IMAX, but there were a few grating things about this movie that make this terrible after it's done in theaters.

I've been binging on HBO's Girls this weekend.

I've been aware of this show since it's pilot but I always thought it would be a bore...

Boy, was I wrong :lol:

Elijah & Adam are hilarious :lol:

I stopped watching that show. Didn't want to support that fat, ugly, moron dunham by watching it anymore. I still love Allison Williams though.

Last edited:
The Last Kingdom first ep was dope. started off pretty fast and I almost thought they were rushing it but after the initial battle they really started establishing things and crafting the story. Seems more geared to telling this made up story than hitting these historical beats.

I'm guess this is a miniseries? I'm all in though.

Saw "Black Mass" last night. Came in with low expectations but it surprisingly good. Depp's performance :nthat:

Last edited:
^ 25-30 minutes in I was thinking, 'Oh ****. This is going to be like every formulaic mafia/crime movie I've seen since the 1990s' and then it departed from nearly every cliche I was worried about for what remained in the film. I loved it.

With regards to Breaking Bad, Gus is one of my favorite villain-esque characters ever, TV or film.

"Do it. Do. IT."

Last edited:
You're about to hit the best peak of the series imo.

Season 4 was the greatest single season of any show I've watched by far. It was just perfect in every way. Season 5 was great in it's own right but it was more of a bonus greatness. Like the expansion pack to a game of the year. I never wanted that show to end man. They could have strung out adventures of walt and jesse for so much longer. Never would have gotten old.
I preferred the end of S3; everything was hitting perfectly, and S4 continued this all the way through, but the S3 arc was more compelling to me. Watching Walt and his transformation through the last 10 episodes or so was great, one of the best character developments ever. Again, just my opinion and I can see the argument for S4 as a whole being the best stretch in the series.

Can somebody explain Million Dollar Baby to me? I just watched it for the first time and thought it was absolute trash. Forced accents, weird lighting, terrible choreographed fighting scenes, unbelievable story (which also bored me to death at the same time), the list goes on. Didn't think it was anywhere near clintwood level directing.......

AND ON TOP OF THAT, I see it won 4 oscars and is ranked in the IMDB top 200!!!!! Man, I really, really don't get this one, can someone enlighten me?

Back
Top Bottom