Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Was a little surprised they didn't go more into Dre day and real Compton city g's, in straight outta Compton.. Considering how big both those songs were

And how much time they spent on no Vaseline.. I guess you have to cut someplace.. And cube was heavily involved

i didn't like Straight Outta Compton, I thought it was a good film but it was missing a lot and I thought some of the scenes they shot were totally BS, like the last scene wit Dre and Suge wit his crew 
laugh.gif

Was a little surprised they didn't go more into Dre day and real Compton city g's, in straight outta Compton.. Considering how big both those songs were

And how much time they spent on no Vaseline.. I guess you have to cut someplace.. And cube was heavily involved

Whatever happened to BG Knocc-out and Dresta? Eazy's replacement crew didn't have much staying power, did they?

You know last week, I wondered if that movie had came out already cuz I know a trailer was posted and/or it was on the list of movies to watch that we all check when posted in here.

I saw that it was slated some time next year but it makes sense the studio was just sitting on it the entire time.

I'll be enjoying that movie first thing in the new year. Getting to Sicario, The Martian, and Creed next.

Last edited:
Damn, I'm watching the trailer thnking it reminds me of Tree of Life lol. Had no idea it was Malick

Finally saw Star Wars...7/8 good action, corny ending although I understand the need for it.

Star Wars was great on 2nd viewing..

Just finished the Martian, Ridley Scott has restored my faith

started big short when

bale bets 100 mil against goldman and the luda/pharell joint comes on "i like these cups ... can i ... can i take one for my son?" "yes! take 2" :rofl: :rofl:

gonna try to watch spotlight before tonight ... haven't practiced since i was 18 but am from a very old school NY PR/italian/irish catholic fam

one of my lil cousins was telling me our grandma was heated about the movie at Xmas dinner :smh: :smh:

you should be heated about the church protecting these _s but i digress

Watched the first episode of The Man In The High Castle. I'm in. Will probably finish it up before I start Narcos again.

The japanese are looking more cold and ruthless on this show than the nazis. I know the japanese have a history of terrible stuff but damn their coldbloodedness is very cold.

The japanese are looking more cold and ruthless on this show than the nazis. I know the japanese have a history of terrible stuff but damn their coldbloodedness is very cold.
i watched the cove on the flight over to japan once (on my phone, not an in-flight movie of course). made me want to turn the plane around. different kind of ruthlessness than a war movie but i was still angry. i'm japanese btw :lol:

^
I remember hearing about that movie but never watched it. I also saw images of the red water after they would murk all those dolphins and seeing that actress hayden panettiere going to japan to protest.

Having watched the Martian, hateful eight and straight outta Compton in the last couple of days..

The Martian goes in my top 5 movies of the year along with TFA, mad max, kingsman and ex machina

Still need to watch scicario.. I'd probably put all 3 movies I watched recently in my top 10 movies for the year though (along with antman)

Last edited:
I need to make time for Concussion this weekend. My parents really enjoyed it. A friend of mine said it was the best movie he's seen this year and Smith "no doubt" deserves the Oscar.

I need to see the hype.

There is no hype 
laugh.gif
 The movie was very average to me. Smith was good, but nowhere near Oscar-worthy.

Back
Top Bottom