Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Should I take the 3 hour plunge and watch Miracle at St. Anna? Reviews are extremely mixed.

RT it's like 39%

Leonard Maltin (usually my go to) gave it ***1/2 out of ****

IMDB it's a 6.0

Has anybody seen Anamalisa yet? I learned some stuff through another movie board that turned that movie on its side for me. WIIIIIILLLLDDD theory of what went down, that totally changed my outlook of the film. I need somebody in here that's also seen it to confirm it's craziness
roll.gif
roll.gif
. Anyways it's a very well made film. It's a Charlie Kaufman creation so right off the bat, you know it's gonna be bizarre as hell. I don't wanna spoil anything but it's most likely gonna win an Oscar so go see it for yourself. 6.8/8
I watched it a few weeks ago. I was really surprised at the realism of the stop-motion. It was sad and depressing but captivating at the same time. Definitely worth watching.

I know the theory you're referring, it seems plausible to me. Pretty genius if true. It makes the film even more depressing than it already is.

Last edited:
Cruise has to completely ignore this, right? Because if he says anything against it or, even worse, tries to take some sort of legal action to stop it from airing, he's basically dignifying the content.

Yeah you pretty much nailed it. It's a self-defeating battle if he takes issue with it at all.

Cruise has to completely ignore this, right? Because if he says anything against it or, even worse, tries to take some sort of legal action to stop it from airing, he's basically dignifying the content.

No one would believe him if he said it wasn't true anyway. hollywood people are so dedicated to scientology but don't even want to own up to the stuff they do and believe in.

:lol: You don't gotta formally own up when you have an eternal (hopefully) admission. This has gotta stay alive and on YouTube for the rest of mankind's existence fwiw we need people to know THIS happened. Like, it happened.

Yeah you pretty much nailed it. It's a self-defeating battle if he takes issue with it at all.

Cruise (allegedly) freaks out about this kinda stuff. I just read he strong armed Comedy Central to stop airing an ep of South Park about Scientology by refusing to promote MI3 if they didn't. I'm not sure what ended up happening with that but he'll probably try something sneaky like that

I hope Katie Holmes has a random cameo on this show

That episode of South Park was great and provided info. Wasn't he also in the Trapped In The Closet episode? Surprised he didn't get that episode taken off too.

Last edited:
Idris Elba getting blessed twice by his peers at the SAG awards :pimp: :smokin

Got one for playing Luther and Commandant in Beasts of No Nation.

Leo gets best male lead again. All signs pointing to Oscar :smokin

Wild was just okay. Reese was good in it. Story just wasn't as strong as I thought it'd be but I came in not knowing a lot. 5.6/8

True Story was pretty good. I wonder why it got suck low RT ratings. I can get it's a tough story to stomach and it didn't end in a hopeful or even satisfying way but the story was complete and direct in a way I liked.

Franco really did well coming off *** as a narcissistic sociopath. While not a genius (he would've came up with a better way to kill and not get caught) he was pretty smart in contacting a discredited once prominent journalist to keep getting attention. The half guilty half not guilty plea made no sense :lol:

Jonah is a good actor. Was good in this but I kinda just didn't believe his relationship with Felicity as husband and wife or even him as a journalist. It was like the writing wasn't strong for him and left him out there in the wind. What he did nail was somebody being lost in their career and trying to find a way to comeback and get redemption. Story didn't do a whole lot of good telling us completely what his character was thinking in regards to what Longo was doing and said when he testified.

So surprisingly, Franco comes off being way more compelling. The last death row scene between the two was hilarious when he's lying about a new way the murders went down to buy himself more time and then Finkel suggests a bull **** alternative and then tears a part all of the made up new scenarios :lol:

6.2/8

Watching Homeland. Pls dont do my dude Quinn like this. Not with the seran. Damn cliffhangers.

WGN stepping their game up :smokin

Saw the 1st ep of Outsiders and it was pretty cool. Crazy to think some ppl in America today are living so prehistoric just to be off the grid and live "free". Such culture shock. I wonder if it's true that some ppl in Kentucky living like this :lol: This is like what if the Amish were ruthless (inb4 Amish mafia talk). Also reminds me of that M. Night movie, I think the Village where they're living lie pilgrims in the modern day closed off to the rest of the world.

WGN stepping their game up :smokin

Saw the 1st ep of Outsiders and it was pretty cool. Crazy to think some ppl in America today are living so prehistoric just to be off the grid and live "free". Such culture shock. I wonder if it's true that some ppl in Kentucky living like this :lol: This is like what if the Amish were ruthless (inb4 Amish mafia talk). Also reminds me of that M. Night movie, I think the Village where they're living lie pilgrims in the modern day closed off to the rest of the world.

Nice. My high school classmate Ryan Hurst generally picks good projects. This one for sure looks interesting.

Turbo Kid[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji]

Turbo Kid[emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128557[/emoji][emoji]128526[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]127999[/emoji]

I can't see what those emoji's are. Is it good? Use the /8 or the NT emoji rating system

Back
Top Bottom