Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Someone described Emily's face as mouse-like. I can see it. She did full frontal modeling so i'll always have love for her.

I read that Matthew Rhys got Keri Russell pregnant. He really went next level with the method acting for playing her husband on The Americans.

Finally watched Ex Machina, what a crazy movie 7.5/8

anigif_original-grid-image-19261-1428687041-22.gif

Last edited:
I think Oscar Isaac is my favorite actor right now. The guy is a chameleon. Plus he can dance like that while rocking a cool beard.

Finally got around to watching The Martian in it's entirety. Very good movie. Not a huge fan of Jeff Daniels, but I was able to get past his typical douchey character. Movie had some cheesy moments, but the effects and Damon's performance made it one of the year's best for sure. I wouldn't put it ahead of Sicario though.

I don't even have the option.. I gotta wait a bit before I'll be able to watch

Some coen brothers movies definitely can do that.. Like burn after reading wasn't for me

But their hits are too good, so I'll take a flyer

You guys think Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune will be on air until the hosts die? Always wanted to be on Jeopardy.
When Bob Barker left the Price is Right and not cuz he was dying I came to the sad unfortunate conclusion that these shows will out live their hosts.

Trebek and Sajak (he hosts WoF right?) aren't anywhere near as old. They'll be there if you ever make it.

I also double dipped today and caught ip man 3

had a cheesy 80s action movie vibe to it with a bit of rocky 2 mixed in

the plotpoints leading up to the fights were so stupid but the action was fun

would have been better off embracing the cheese, all the attempts for drama just slowed things down and bored me

5/8

Word manup you gotta elaborate. Was it like an editing issue that made the plot confusing or was it just way out there for a Coen movie?

Case in point : Anybody ever seen Barton Fink? To this day I still have no idea what that movie was about or what they were trying to accomplish

yeah, i did not understand the overall point of the movie at all 
what didn't you get? its pretty clear what the plot is
laugh.gif
the plot was so empty

like technically there was a plot but it was stuck in a mess of pointless side characters

it was like a taster plate, we got to see a tiny bit of a bunch if fun characters played by famous actors but everyone's screen time was cut short and I wasnt satisfied with any of the storylines

i think if you're a huge Coen fan you might enjoy this movie

O Brother Where Art Thou is the only CB movie that I really like

Whoa whoa whoa pump the brakes. Fargo? Big Lebowski? The Hudsucker Proxy? No Country for Old Men?

Whoa whoa whoa pump the brakes. Fargo? Big Lebowski? The Hudsucker Proxy? No Country for Old Men?
old men is probably my favorite out of that list, but not great IMO

lebowski had its moments but I didnt like how unfocused it was

have yet to see the other two.

I think its just a personal preference, I'm just not a fan of their unique style

they are great filmmakers but I just find my self having a hard time getting fully invested in their movies 

Caught Room tonight... it was as good as I expected and Brie Larson and the young actor were tremendous.

Back
Top Bottom