Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

after thinking about it, hail ceasar is a great anthology movie

all the scenes and performances are great and if you go into it wanting to enjoy every scene for what it is then you will enjoy the movie. Lots of references to classic hollywood which is fun to look out for as well.

however there is almost no effort at all put into connecting everything together into the central plot, if you go into this excited about the overall story arc that was implied in the trailers you will be disappointed. 

the sum is no where close to being as valuable as its parts

this movie is NOT a movie about clooney being kidnapped and trying to rescue him. it is about an average day in josh brolin's character's crazy life.

5.7/8

on another note, channing tatum's last two projects have been a QT movie and a CB movie

dude is getting some serious roles 

rewatching the trailer again, whoever cut this misleading bs together needs to be fired 
mean.gif
indifferent.gif

on another note, channing tatum's last two projects have been a QT movie and a CB movie

He's the generic good looking straight white guy that Hollywood wants to push. They're lucky that Channing does have some talent.

Gambit aside, I won't be surprised when he gets his real serious action role franchise.

Last edited:

He's the generic good looking straight white guy that Hollywood wants to push. They're lucky that Channing does have some talent.

Gambit aside, I won't be surprised when he gets his real serious action role franchise.
:stoneface:

I can't stand Tatum... I was so tight when they announced that he was going to be Gambit (probably my favorite X-men character when I was growing up :smh: ).

To me, he is neither handsome nor talented as an actor. I can find an Idaho potato w/ more acting chops than him.

Last edited:

QT and CB usually have the freedom to cast whoever they want though

channing's dance scene in hail cesar might be the best part of the movie 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

:lol: I know a lot of ppl, at least on NT, don't like dude much at all but I don't feel that way when I see a movie he's in.

Keep in mind I said some talent not super talented :lol: When I heard he was in a QT movie I was like what the **** how did he land that? And I went in to the movie mostly blind (never read the leaked script) so I didn't know he ended up in a bit role. I'm guessing while probably a bigger role than TH8 it's not a big one in Hail Caesar.

He has the charisma and likability. I think that's why he keeps getting chances. His Foxcatcher performance didn't blow anyone away but he was good. Showed ppl he could do roles like that. Where before he just had Magic Mike and Jump Street.

For actresses, I'd have to go w/ the chick who played the AI alongside Isaac, my boo thang Miss Vanessa Ives & Rooney Mara gets an honorable mention.
this reminds me, saw the trailer for the new huntsman movie and it has an amazing cast of top tier actresses

theron, blunt and chastain 
eek.gif
pimp.gif

this is the first time i've seen chastain in an action role 

[thread="287925"] [/thread]

For actresses, I'd have to go w/ the chick who played the AI alongside Isaac, my boo thang Miss Vanessa Ives
this reminds me, saw the trailer for the new huntsman movie and it has an amazing cast of top tier actresses

theron, blunt and chastain :wow: :pimp:

this is the first time i've seen chastain in an action role 
:wow:

I gotta peep that trailer.

I forgot about Emily Blunt when I was naming my top 3 (current) fav actresses... she edges out Rooney.

Damn that Jim Halpert :smh:

QT and CB usually have the freedom to cast whoever they want though

channing's dance scene in hail cesar might be the best part of the movie :lol: :pimp:
No doubt. I know that but I think that's where his likability and charm come in.

Haven't seen one of the movies yet but for a bit role like in TH8, I feel like somebody may have nudged QT in Channing's direction. If not, Steve Buscemi would've probably played Jodi :lol:

:lol:

That gif reminds me about how terrible Jim's haircut was on the show.

Even when he got a "clean" cut he still left the sides sticking out :lol:

Like bruh, you already got Dumbo ears, why you trying to draw more attention to them :lol:

Jim Halpert pranks > Winnie the Bish pranks btw.

i liked messy hair jim

back when his only life goals was to get pam and prank dwight 
pimp.gif

he got kind of boring when he was trying to be responsible as co-manager 

What made you want to watch this flick, but you haven't seen
Barton Fink is my favorite Coens movie. That movie is so weird, I can't help but love it.

That's the only one I don't like. It's just too strange for me and they do the same thing that they explain in the video sea manup posted. A bunch of classic hollywood inside jokes or references that only people in the industry would understand. Like OOOH the side characters name was the name of some obscure playwright from the 1940's and that's why he did this and that in the movie. At some point you still have to make a cohesive movie haha

I'm about 50-50 on Coen movies - of the ones I've seen. I either think they're great or can't get into them at all.

Just watched The Good Dinosaur

The Good

• Background visuals are absolutely stunning. The landscape looks like a real life photo.
  • It's short. 93 minute runtime.

The Bad

• The title is stupid and not reflective of the movie in any way.
  • The story is absurd.
  • The character animation is awful. Arlo, the main dinosaur, looks like a cheap plastic blowup toy.
  • No pixar easter eggs (luxo ball, pizza planet truck, A113, etc.)
  • Silly slapstick comedy with no adult humor.

Did not feel like a Pixar feature film. It deserved to bomb at the box office. That dinosaur was an obvious attempt at trying to make an easily mass produced toy on the cheap.

3.9/8

Kung-Fu Panda 3 - 6.8/8

I really enjoyed this one. The animation, fight scenes & story were all well executed.

Humor was there too... I found myself chuckling at a lot of Po's dialogue.

I don't remember the sequel at all (off the top of my head) but I vividly remember hating the first one. I was hyped when the first one released & actually went to go see it in theatres with my girl at the time...I left severely disappointed & angry.

Last edited:
Kung-Fu Panda 3 - 6.8/8

I really enjoyed this one. The animation, fight scenes & story were all well executed.

Humor was there too... I found myself chuckling at a lot of Po's dialogue.

I don't remember the sequel at all (off the top of my head) but I vividly remember hating the first one. I was hyped when the first one released & actually went to go see it in theatres with my girl at the time...I left severely disappointed & angry.
i had to choose between panda and hail ceasar yesterday and I saw a huge line of kids for panda so I ended up going with ceasar

ended up having a 4 year old crying for half the movie because some parent thought it was appropriate to take her kid to watch hail ceasar 
indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom