Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Anyways,

Now that that's in agreement; Mad Eye Moody was a prick.

Had to get that off my chest.

Real Moody or Fake Moody?

I would like to know more about this Tom Cruise Mummy movie cause from that trailer...

it looked like he died then came back.

Color me intrigued.

Last edited:
What's the early consensus on Live by Night
nerd.gif
Apparently it's a disaster

Review from IG ---
First off, let me be clear, I was fully prepared to love this movie. This was my most eagerly anticipated film of the year. I'm a big fan of author Dennis Lehane (Mystic River, Gone Baby Gone, Shutter Island) and Ben Affleck has quickly become one of my favorite directors. With that said, this was such a letdown of epic proportions that I was hoping at the end of the movie we would be told it was a test screening and this wasn't the final cut. While I'm still hoping they change it before it's Christmas day release there really isn't anything they can do unless they opt to reshoot the whole damn thing. The story is simple enough, with Affleck starring as the son of a policeman who ends up on the wrong side of the law and aligns himself with the criminal underground. If I were to hear of a story like this in real life I would want the particulars of how it came to be but this film isn't interested in behavior or motivations. It doesn't have the patience for emotions. It wants to be one thing and that one thing is a gangster flick. So it populates itself with what it believes gangster films should have. There's no originality, no style of its own, characters have no depth, the pacing is stagnant, multiple scenes should have been axed by the editor and most blatant, it touches upon themes it doesn't have the fortitude to tackle with any kind of earnestness. It's awash with characters with no morals doing immoral deeds and doesn't even have the decency to play as a tragedy. It actually strives for the happy ending. This is by far one of, if not the biggest disappointments of the year.

Last edited:
Looks good. love the fraiser ones, also one of the wifes favorite series. Going to send her the trailer for this one :smokin

kinda wish they got the director from 'edge of tomorrow'.. don't much of the guy they do have directing..

the fraser ones were light, didn't seem to take themselves too seriously.. hell, enjoyed that dude's GI joe movie far more than the one with the rock

but going be interesting to see them build the whole universe, ditto Godzilla/king kong

Last edited:
^ yea, saw he got a sequel for edge of tomorrow coming.. then I saw he has justice league dark (hopefully, that's the deadpool of the DCEU.. like SS should have been)

The joint he has with Cruise is a cop drama thriller set in the 80s I think.

Last edited:
Doug Liman is top 10 directors for me. Glad that DC snagged him for DCEU, but I don't trust the execs.

I hate Michael bay

As you should.

Anywho, looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time in the theaters in the next couple of weeks.

I finally get to see LaLaLand on Saturday, then next week is Rogue One, and the following week is Passengers, Silence, Live By Night, and Fences.

Can't Wait!

I hate Michael bay
I found this interesting in an article I came across about Bay saying he's not in to superhero movies. Saying he likes to build the world in a movie himself (while comparing himself to Spielberg and a few more of his betters):

In one way its a shame he puts his focus on these things and this style cuz he clearly has skill but its clear hes dedicated his career to making blockbyster flicks his way.

Damn is Anthony Hopkins in any of the other ones? I saw the 1st 2 Shia lebeof transformers and that's it

No he's new to this one.. although he could have been in the last one and I just fell asleep when he showed up 
laugh.gif

Doug Liman is top 10 directors for me. Glad that DC snagged him for DCEU, but I don't trust the execs.

had no idea the dude that directed swingers did edge of tomorrow :pimp: imdb says hes doing a movie about the Attica riots in the 70s cant wait for more information on that one

So, back to Christmas movies, one that's popular that's never done anything for me personally is Polar Express. Granted, I was already an adult when it came out, but still. I've tried watching it a couple times with my son and just find it boring. And while the animation is intestring, I also find it a little weird.

Am I alone on this one?

It's one of my favs. It just makes me feel like sitting in front of the fireplace, watching the snow fall outside and drink some rum & eggnog. I agree, it's not an exciting movie by any means, it's just good old fashioned Christmassy. If hanks wasn't voicing most of it, it prob wouldn't get as much love from me though

Watching The Sopranos for the first time. I really dont like this Priest. Dude just poppin up at the house eatin up all the food, f that.

Back
Top Bottom