Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

The thing that I like people are missing in the greatness of this movie is that most of it really happened!

They turned a super tragic event into an action comedy!

There's no movie like this.
There's a bunch of movies like this though. It's why I just sort of added it to the list.

American Made and War Dogs come to mind.

Dumb criminals who flew to close to the sun type joints.

The best of that genre being the Wolf of Wall St.

Well when theaters were open for a few months here in the Seattle area from like late August to mid November they did cap capacity at 25% but other than when I saw Tenet the theater around my way was easily less than 10% filled in the other few movies I did see in this time period. One movie a buddy and I saw we were the only two peeps there lol. Even at Tenet there were no other people at least three seats on either side of us and no one directly behind or in front of us.

Don’t know what it’s about, but apparently it did “really well” with those they previewed it to.

Amazon vying to buy it for $200M, and we all know what a good gross is in theaters domestically.

Can’t wait until The Invisible Man wins Best Picture over Soul in April. Close race!

Happy 60th Birthday to Julia Louis-Dreyfus.

Julia_Louis-Dreyfus_2019_%28cropped%29.jpg

It’s really hard to get through Escape From New York. Even more than LA with that hilarious basketball scene. Storytelling is fine but literally nothing happens in the first hour of the movie.

Edit: The last 30 minutes are amazing :pimp:

Last edited:
Just finished Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

This is usually the type of movie that I 100% hate completely. But for some reason I enjoyed it. I don't know if it's cause I kinda miss these cheesy theatre blockbuster movies. Made me feel like I was in a theatre on an old summer night again. Had that 90's vibe like independence day. When Godzilla came around at the end I low key cheered :lol:🤷‍♂️ Anyways, it has a lot of cracks and slips but I still enjoyed it somehow.

Reactions: sb
Just finished Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

This is usually the type of movie that I 100% hate completely. But for some reason I enjoyed it. I don't know if it's cause I kinda miss these cheesy theatre blockbuster movies. Made me feel like I was in a theatre on an old summer night again. Had that 90's vibe like independence day. When Godzilla came around at the end I low key cheered :lol:🤷‍♂️ Anyways, it has a lot of cracks and slips but I still enjoyed it somehow.

Missed it in theaters. this is the type of movie my friends and I go to when we're just looking for a good time, ****ing around with no plans. Good to hear I guess, what you got out of it is what I'm looking for.

Reactions: sb
Missed it in theaters. this is the type of movie my friends and I go to when we're just looking for a good time, ****ing around with no plans. Good to hear I guess, what you got out of it is what I'm looking for.
You'll definitely like it then. Plus it's not lacking in action and the action is pretty fire. The characters were interesting enough for me to be invested in what happens to them. Plot wasn't hard to follow. And movie has some heart. The action and effects surprised me tbh.

...On HBO

Back
Top Bottom