Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Jason Sudeikis's Uncle is Norm from Cheers. Heard him mention it on "The Shop: Uninterrupted"
5bb517512100002501c83635.jpeg

Reminiscence 4/8

One of the few sci-fi joints I could barely salvage anything good from and really like about it. Definitely didn't indulge in the sci-fi and was more of the context for whats mostly a love story with some action. The same way the ****ed up environment is really just a setting played as a background despite it ****ing looking crazy that city was basically flooded but was treated as if Florida became Venice.

My bad Thandie was in this 🔥 Also fine *** Rebecca Ferguson. Both were solid. Rebecca stood out a bit more in a somewhat unexciting role but it was something I never saw from her at the same time.

Hugh was Hugh. Didn't care for the actual plot and reason for the death.

Wouldn't recommend. I guess this is a what if Inception was bad type movie.

I like this film. No wonder the good reviews outweigh the bad when it comes to the critics. Awesome special effects. I’m glad it was financially successful.

1630175988971.jpeg

Still don't feel like Jamie ever really the love he deserves.

He's been in some pretty big movies.

But he still does some of those straight to DVD movies and I just don't get it.
He appreciates staying grounded anyway. He doesn’t believe in taking himself so seriously.

Gonna watch it tonight.

For those who might not know. Candyman was originally based off a particular incident that happened in Cabrini Green back in 1987. A woman named Ruthie May McCoy called the police saying that someone was trying to get through her bathroom mirror. Police showed up but no one answered. They left but came back the next day after neighbors complained about her absence. It would take another day before they eventually broke down the door. They found her laying on the floor dead with 4 gunshot wounds. Someone had entered her apartment through the mirror.

candyman-cabrini-green-true-story-steve-bogira-chicago-reader-ruthie-mae-mccoy.jpg

The article from 1987

Ever watch a film that seemed promising in the beginning and then continued to get progressively worse...and worse...and worse? Well that’s how I felt after seeing this:
Verdict: 1.5/8
“Darkness Falls” (2003)
1630200388839.jpeg

Love based on true events horrors. Makes them even scarier.

Indeed.

When I was younger a watched a movie called “The Entity” about a woman who was repeatedly terrorized by an invisible force (possibly a demon). Said at the end it was based on a true story. Slept with the lights on for like two years after that.

Random, but I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I used to watch as a kid. It was a vampire movie. I think it was a comedy. Only thing I remember is the person that turned into a vampire drank blood from those Styrofoam trays that hold meat for breakfast in front of his family.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Must've been from the late 80s or early 90s.

Indeed.

When I was younger a watched a movie called “The Entity” about a woman who was repeatedly terrorized by an invisible force (possibly a demon). Said at the end it was based on a true story. Slept with the lights on for like two years after that.
Really? :wow:

Looks like I’m going to have to check it out.

Really? :wow:

Looks like I’m going to have to check it out.

It might not be available on any streaming services. It’s from the 70s.

I would also recommend “The Strangers” for another based on true events suspense/horror movie. (If you haven’t seen it already).

I loved The Strangers! A lot of times horror films have annoying protagonists, but I actually cared about the couple in the film because at least they acted normal and weren’t obnoxious.
This particular moment had the entire theater gasping during my theater screening. Was a fun (but scary) experience.

1630203864930.gif

Last edited:
Candyman :emoji_fire:

They did the OG justice. Story was on point. Laughs were legit. I appreciated the Chicago backdrop and all the on location shots. There's a good amount to unpack with this movie. They put a lot of thought into it. RT scores on point. Definitely worth the watch.

Candyman :emoji_fire:

They did the OG justice. Story was on point. Laughs were legit. I appreciated the Chicago backdrop and all the on location shots. There's a good amount to unpack with this movie. They put a lot of thought into it. RT scores on point. Definitely worth the watch.

Just came back from Candyman
I figured from the first trailer that the main character had a connection to the original movie
And I was right :lol: :lol: :lol:

I liked it
My only gripe is that they tried to make Candyman a multiverse kind of thing
As if Candyman was a result of the same incidents happening to more than one person
That wasn’t even necessary especially if they were going to explain the original story anyway

They could have just went with that and had Tony Todd reprise the role throughout the entire movie
Especially with the main character and original being connected anyway

Random, but I'm trying to remember the name of a movie I used to watch as a kid. It was a vampire movie. I think it was a comedy. Only thing I remember is the person that turned into a vampire drank blood from those Styrofoam trays that hold meat for breakfast in front of his family.

Does that sound familiar to anyone? Must've been from the late 80s or early 90s.
Turns out the movie was Once Bitten featuring a young Jim Carrey. How did this movie make it to network tv back in the day? :lol:

I loved The Strangers! A lot of times horror films have annoying protagonists, but I actually cared about the couple in the film because at least they acted normal and weren’t obnoxious.
This particular moment had the entire theater gasping during my theater screening. Was a fun (but scary) experience.

1630203864930.gif

Saw this one in the theater too. Definitely solid.

I think my best horror experience in the theater in the past 15 years was The Hills Have Eyes (2006).

Reactions: sb
Back
Top Bottom