Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

Started this last night. Had never even heard of it.

p13206_p_v13_ab.jpg

looks Like one of those movies that would always be playing at 1am on Cinemax in the early 90’s. Gotta watch those trash action/detective movies to appreciate the good ones.

Sometimes I miss pre-internet days and strictly cable or satellite viewing options. You couldn’t just google a review of a movie. Literally just had to watch it, unless your circle of family members had seen it before. Most times now, I’ll just read reviews and straight up not watch the joint if I don’t like what I read.

In the early Comcast on demand days I remember scrolling endlessly through the Free Movies list and just judging by description would randomly pick a flick. There were definitely many misses but when you found that movie that was either a hidden gem or so bad its good you just felt something lol. But yea these days with RT/IMDB and just being able to Google a movie and get instant scores I typically don't watch something if its getting trashed by many outlets.

This was always fascinating to me when I’d stay at a hotel, because I had Time Warner Cable in the early 2000s, and they didn’t have a TV Guide channel. Waiting for that **** to come around and if you missed it :lol:
The worst was when I was a kid and I'd turn on the TV and knew Nickelodeon was coming up but would think I had enough time to run & grab that snack and come back and end up missing the carousel :lol: But the times I made it felt like I hit a game winner lol.
mj-michael.gif

This part in the trailer sold me

I guess I can start saying this was an underrated movie that got criminally overlooked for how good it was.

Could be predictable and blame it on the stereotypical reasons for why it didn't get a big reaction but I will say the star power was great (it's pretty stacked even down to the actors that mostly did tv), the acting was on point, action was good, suspense was better, and I liked the twist.

McQueen did the damn thing

Give me another draft and smoking yall!

C CP1708 80s draft?

90s draft?

Im tryna roll sum up!
We never did do that all time tv show draft :nerd:

The Land Before Time?
:lol: This is why I didn't reply. Only thing that came to mind.

I said, naw couldn't be a random post about that.

Last edited:

The spec script for Hancock went by the title Tonight, He Comes, and it follows a similar premise about a Superman-style hero who saved innocents but was the farthest thing from a role model. Here, Hancock was an alcoholic who taught children to smoke, watched adult videos and picked up sex workers in his private life. These vices exist because Hancock wants someone to rescue him in a similar manner to how he saves others.

Eventually, Hancock meets a small family and begins to spend more time with them. Unlike the film, where he becomes a better person over time, he teaches their small son to smoke and kidnaps the wife to take advantage of her after believing she can "save" him. Ultimately, the action ends in the murder of multiple police officers and the woman's husband standing up to the super being to protect his family

Wow don't care what that author says, so far that sounds like a great dark movie even for that time period. Obviously couldn't star Will as Hancock, would definitely be rated R, and probably not supported so just an indie flick. Still got a lot of potential

Back
Top Bottom