Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

See when it comes to movies that have die hard fans and cult followings I always wait until like the end of the week or much later to go see it. I don't need to see it right away once it's out. I waited for Spidey and waited for Avengers. For this I might wait a full week. I don't want to be there 1st night and it's sold out or I get terrible seat or I'm in an area where some douches are discussing why this wouldn't happen in the comics or w/e or even worse the jump on the hype train movie goer that spends more time asking questions than paying attention.

Going opening day/night/week gives me Star Wars flashbacks :smh:

Last edited:
Ah :lol: I just got to the theater in Queens and there's already about 35 people here :smh:

I'm not dealing with that crap. I'm going 40 minutes early tomorrow morning. Max an hour. If its packed I'm gonna sit my *** in the stairway and watch. Too much fuss for a movie SMH. I just doubt it woukd be so crazy in the AM

I'm on my break between Begins and Dark Knight. There's a line of people sitting on the ground by several theaters.

I hope people chill with the clapping by midnight, that's never been my style.. But I can understand the diehards being excited.

My brother bought a 4 pack of beer that he's keeping in the car in the cooler. We also got sushi and subs.

Nos, are you goin to Bridgeport tonight? :nerd:

I think I'm going to try and just catch the matinee at the theatre here in Wilsonville because nobody ever goes there. I'm thinkin I might be able to avoid some of the hassle that way.
Of course I am :lol: The non-IMAX screens are still :pimp: And I doubt you'll dodge anything; this is the biggest movie in... forever?

I hope people chill with the clapping by midnight, that's never been my style.. But I can understand the diehards being excited.

Ugh, yeah, I hate that ****. I already know the theater's gonna erupt with cheering and yelling at every god damn thing that Bane does. Damn kids.

God I sound as old as CP :smh:

At the theater right now... Got there at 8 had to sit on the floor for a solid hour, ordered pizza to the theater lol, and now sitting in here.

The marathon looks sick... People could come and go, had their VIP badges and **** while I'm just sitting on the floor :/

Amazing. I could maybe nitpick eventually, but I don't think I can find much to complain about.

Absolutely satisfying conclusion. I'll see it again next week.

Holy ****! I'm on the fence whether or not I like it better than the second. It's so close.

I'll post more tomorrow.

For now... Lots of this: :wow: and this :smokin and this :D

They literally twisted their twists.

Last edited:
Aurora Colorado man. |I:smh::x

Ridiculous.

Ya'll that saw it last night, thank you for not posting all kinds of info in here. LOL I'm goin soon as I get outta work, hopefully we can start choppin it up later this weekend. MrO, no pressure, but I expect your finest efforts in your write up. :lol:

The marathon people got a pass in the shape of Batmans head that everyone wore around their necks. They made a jingling noise everytime you moved so that was a downside to the marathon.

Being able to come and go was awesome.. Plus we all got 2 posters at the end. One smaller one of Bane and another bigger one that had all 3 movies on them for the trilogy.

It definitely helped keep the whole series in perspective and aspects of Begins and TDK that were important for the 3rd one were great to watch right before. I'll probably go back sometime next week to watch it again to appreciate just TDKR.

Guys behind me definitely got high before TDK.. I could smell it for 2 hours.

I'm ready to read spoilers :nerd:

How do you post spoilers on here btw?

Nice. Very nice.

Last edited:
Just click the spoiler button (black button) and type. It auto puts the spoiler stuff in for you. Love this featrue.

Can someone explain how to post spoilers? Don't wanna ruin it for anyone

testing

Last edited:
Do not read if you didn't see it

WHAT a movie!

This movie did a great job of blending the first two in with it. This series doesn't feel like three movies. It's one grand piece of entertainment. I thought Anne Hathaway was gonna be terrible but she was perfect. I loved her character. The way they tied Talia and Bane together was epic.

This has the best plot of the series. Begins was pretty standard. Joker is pure madness and randomness which is my favorite but doesn't make for an intricate plot. This was great and different. Making Bruce go broke. The aftermath of their decision to make Harvey a hero. talia being the true mastermind.

Everything hit close to home. All the 99 percent and 9/11 references.

The tragedy that happened yesterday definitely popped in my head a few times.

The ending was interesting. Before I came in the theater I kept saying I hope batman ends up dying. But as it was happening I got really sad and was cheered up when Bruce made it. Since so much of the movie was based around hope, Nolan probably made a good decision not to end with Batman truly dying.

But him dying did unite the city in a huge way. Gotham got their true martyr. Not making it public that it was wayne was also an interesting and powerful choice. After all Wayne could just admit he survivedd and was the batman. But if he did that batman would cease to be a symbol. People woukd have the excuse "yeah he stood up for things but he was super wealthy, so no point in me trying because it's impossible unless you have all the money"

Bane was excellent. I loved the voice I know it's not for everyone. Genuinely creepy.

The divide of the social class was a great major theme and I appreciated it.

A few things irked me on my first viewing.

One- I'm assuming batman put the ship with atom bomb on cruise control or whatever and jumped out the ship. But I mean how the **** woukd he be able to get away from an atom bomb so fast? And what about the fallout radius in the city?

Two- that pit with the criminals was such a central part and he seemed to overcome it way to easily. I mean he just jumped the kedge because he truly had no fear anymore? That's it? And a child did it? I hope I missed something because it was lame for such a crucial part

Three- the ending again I mean how does he travel to florence resturant without being sighted?mand what after? Can't walk around as Wayne. does he show up normal for Alfred's benefit and then just go get plastic surgery?

What about the trades that were made false? Wouldnt he eventually get his money back?

Last edited:
Dub..

I assume the Bat had the most advanced ejector/jet pack/whatever to get him away in time. And so long as he flew 6 miles away (which was the blast radius) he and gotham would be fine. He can walk around as Wayne, because only Batman is "dead", but Wayne would still be alive. Last the public knew, Wayne was broke but alive and Gordon would keep the secret since Gotham got their true martyr. About the pit, it wasn't just accepting fear of death, he had to take off the rope. Before he had the rope so he didn't truly fear since he knew he would survive.. Once he took the rope off he could literally make the jump.

I agree with all your praise too. I expected him to die and accepted it beforehand, but I was pretty sad if that was really true once I watched. Bruce deserved a happy ending and it fit with the themes of the movie. I also loved how they handled Blake. I figured he would help Batman but I trusted Nolan not to make it a cheesy moment where he saves Batman in costume as Robin. It was a nice wink for the audience when they revealed his name (the theater erupted in applause) and set him up as a future Batman/hero.

Dub..
I assume the Bat had the most advanced ejector/jet pack/whatever to get him away in time. And so long as he flew 6 miles away (which was the blast radius) he and gotham would be fine. He can walk around as Wayne, because only Batman is "dead", but Wayne would still be alive. Last the public knew, Wayne was broke but alive and Gordon would keep the secret since Gotham got their true martyr. About the pit, it wasn't just accepting fear of death, he had to take off the rope. Before he had the rope so he didn't truly fear since he knew he would survive.. Once he took the rope off he could literally make the jump.
I agree with all your praise too. I expected him to die and accepted it beforehand, but I was pretty sad if that was really true once I watched. Bruce deserved a happy ending and it fit with the themes of the movie. I also loved how they handled Blake. I figured he would help Batman but I trusted Nolan not to make it a cheesy moment where he saves Batman in costume as Robin. It was a nice wink for the audience when they revealed his name (the theater erupted in applause) and set him up as a future Batman/hero.

but the headstone said Bruce Wayne didn't it?. He was "buried" and everything. Wayne doesn't survive as far as the public knows.

And does taking off the rope physically able more room or what?

I forgot about that, good point... Plus he had his will and what not so yeah.. Wayne is dead. He probably did do it just for Alfred then disappeared. Even though he's a famous billionaire, his skills as Batman probably gave him some ideas how to blend in with a crowd or disappear. Or he and Selina just found some remote hideaway and do the no pants dance all day long.

And I'll pay more attention when I see it again, but logically the rope could be holding him back from the jump. Obviously accepting the fear is the metaphor, but it could be a clever trick to explain is realistically.

Back
Top Bottom