Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

As long as the movies are good/great I can deal with them being long and if the director is smart he'll pace it amazingly for you not to notice how long the film is until the end when you can't feel your legs when you get up.

Watching The Words...Probably Coopers worst film recently. The acting in the movie isn't there for both him and Zoe. The development of the characters suck

Here's what I saw in 2012.

Man...movies this year were so much better than last year.

I just looked up that NT Film Awards thread and I don't think I'd want to watch most of those ever again.

I mean The Artist.
It was really good, but I'm good on that forever. :lol:

Drive and Bridesmaids won, though. NT got that right. :smokin

For me, I think Drive, Tree of Life, Martha Marcy May Marlene, The Descendants, Hugo, Hobo With A Shotgun, Take Shelter, Fast Five and Attack the Block were my favorites of last year.

But yea, I would take Django Unchained, Argo, The Raid, Cabin in the Woods, Chronicle, Avengers, TDKR and Looper over those. And that's without seeing a lot still.

Man...movies this year were so much better than last year.
I just looked up that NT Film Awards thread and I don't think I'd want to watch most of those ever again.
I mean The Artist.
It was really good, but I'm good on that forever. :lol:
Drive and Bridesmaids won, though. NT got that right. :smokin
For me, I think Drive, Tree of Life, Martha Marcy May Marlene, The Descendants, Hugo, Hobo With A Shotgun, Take Shelter, Fast Five and Attack the Block were my favorites of last year.
But yea, I would take Django Unchained, Argo, The Raid, Cabin in the Woods, Chronicle, Avengers, TDKR and Looper over those. And that's without seeing a lot still.

My man... :pimp:

Question since this is the main movie thread on NT, but anybody in here ever wanted to be in the industry? Wether it be Acting, directing, writing scripte, etc?

Yes. On both ends, eventually leading into directing down the line. I just need to go to California to make it happen, and that costs money.

Last edited:
Man, I was already too deep in with the Blu Ray's to pull the trigger on the Bond set, but I did pick up another 3 with my gift cards. I need about 8-9 to finish it off, just without the boxed set obviously. You two are lucky.

This year indeed was a big year for movies. Still too fresh to know where it truly sits historically, but for me it has that 96 feel to it where every month there was something and these movies will last years. And I still have a few I need to get to. :wow: :smokin

Think I'm doin Django tomorrow afternoon. Not 100 on that yet, but lookin like it. Can't wait.

Question since this is the main movie thread on NT

Anyone else tear up readin that? :wow:

Table of Contents updated with Django pages. It actually edited easier than I thought it would, so I will try to update more stuff in the OP as we move forward like the Yuku days.

Last edited:
Ted was brilliant. :lol: Saw it last night.

- Ted
- Hangover 2
- Bridesmaids
- In Time
- Savages
- The Immortals; recommended by 1 of the video store people
- Buried; always seemed interesting
- Limitless; recommended by 1 of the video store people, description on the cover seemed interesting
- Hanna; always look interesting to me
-Prometheus; seen the whole Aliens saga, so why not?

On deck for the next 5 days. if you're a 'save the best for last' type person, what ones are you watching last?

The best?...Bridesmaids is really funny.
Limitless is a really cool idea and mostly legit flick.
Prometheus...as much as I hate a lot of things about it, the first half is really good, and there's a scene later on that's one of the best scenes of any movie I saw this year. And you'll definitely have a strong opinion about it. But yeah...full warning, lower your expectations on logic...or writing...or serious **** in general. :lol:

Hearing Django is pretty "rough" for black people... >D

Well...so was slavery. >D

I feel like this movie is revealing some tensions people didn't know they had about others in their environment.

Last edited:
Couple years later and I still don't grasp the main concept of Inception smh.

Heist mind **** movie with pretty pictures.

Roll credits.

:lol: But really, it was a GREAT movie, total Nolan. Layered as all hell, deep, keeps you guessing, ending in the balance that splits folks in half, visually stunning, probably 15 minutes too long so he could get his Bond on at the Chateau, incredible cast with Leo, JGL, Hardy, and Cilian Murphy along with Page and Cortillard. In the end, it comes down to them trying to heist a dude by tapping into his dreams and planting info inside his mind to make him do what they want. Then we get to visually see those dreams while their lazy ***** slept in a van. Or on a plane. :lol:

damn you people and your love for Ted. I thought it was horrible. I don't know if I could watch it again to make sure as I almost turned it off about 30 minutes in. was told to turn in my man card because I said Bridesmaids was way better.

:smh:

had to watch Shooter after Ted to save Wahlberg.

It's a movie about growing up past being an immature bachelor, no more, no less. Take it as that, neverminding tne talking bear... even if he is the central figure of the movie.

No, I don't really buy Wahlberg as a
comedian (The Other Guys, Ted), but I appreciate the effort to not be The Departed and Four Brothers all the time.

Ted was awesome, I have no idea what the hell is wrong with WildK. Flash Gordon references, Family Guy humor, Mila, the creepy performance by Geo Ribisi, really well done. Easily the funniest movie I saw this year.

You are right tho about Bridesmaids, it was great also. And Rose Byrne.......

:wow:

Movies I Saw in 2012...

Contraband
The Grey
Man On A Ledge
Safe House
Act of Valor
Project X
John Carter
21 Jumpstreet
The Hunger Games
Wrath of the Titans
Titanic 3D
American Reunion
Cabin in the Woods
The Avengers
Battleship
Chernobyl Diaries
Men In Black 3
Prometheus
Ted
The Amazing Spiderman
Savages
The Dark Knight Rises
The Campaign
Lawless
The Watch
Looper
Taken 2
Argo
Paranormal Activity 4
Skyfall
Flight
Lincoln
Django Unchained
Life of Pi

Top 5

The Dark Knight Rises
Django Unchained
The Avengers
Prometheus
Life of Pi

Wow...didnt know Mark Duplass from The League is married to the chick that plays Jenny on the show.

Ted was brilliant. :lol: Saw it last night.
- Ted
- Hangover 2
- Bridesmaids
- In Time
- Savages
- The Immortals; recommended by 1 of the video store people
- Buried; always seemed interesting
- Limitless; recommended by 1 of the video store people, description on the cover seemed interesting
- Hanna; always look interesting to me
-Prometheus; seen the whole Aliens saga, so why not?
On deck for the next 5 days. if you're a 'save the best for last' type person, what ones are you watching last?

Bridesmaids or Prometheus, depending on what kind of movie you want to finish with.

let me clarify... I just didn't think it was funny. and I'll watch any stupid movie no matter how ridiculous it is as long as it's funny.

for me, there's no "that part in Ted where blah blah blah... that was hilarious."

i dunno.

Grandma's Boy > Ted

I knew from the beginning when the narrator started talking whatever it was about Apache helicopters that I wouldn't be entertained.

all the humor seemed forced.

agree Ska... The Other Guys didn't really work for me neither. but there were some memorable moments there like the exchange that started with this:

"No, I don't like you. I think you're a fake cop. The sound of your piss hitting the urinal, it sounds feminine. If you were in the wild, I would attack you, even if you weren't in my food chain. I would go out of my way to attack you. If I were a lion and you were a tuna, I would swim out in the middle of the ocean and freaking eat you and then I'd bang your tuna girlfriend."

I've also never watched a single episode of Family Guy.

Back
Top Bottom