Oh I'm sorry, Did I Break Your Conversation........Well Allow Me A Movie Thread by S&T

That curse goes all they way back to the 70s. Ask Garrett Morris. Eddie is the big exception to the rule, of course. I would say Chris Rock too, but I don't think he was on SNL long enough to count.
garrett morris has been EATING his whole career ....2 broke girls , jamie foxx show and martin

I count 30 Rock as an extension of SNL for Tracy Morgan :lol:

he's basically playing himself, written by a friend and fellow SNL cast member... that's as close to a perfect situation as you could imagine.

It's more along the lines of, if you're not a monster talent like Eddie or Rock... you might as well stay on SNL as long as you can. Kenan is not going to break out and be a big star once he leaves SNL :lol:

I count 30 Rock as an extension of SNL for Tracy Morgan
laugh.gif

he's basically playing himself, written by a friend and fellow SNL cast member... that's as close to a perfect situation as you could imagine.

It's more along the lines of, if you're not a monster talent like Eddie or Rock... you might as well stay on SNL as long as you can. Kenan is not going to break out and be a big star once he leaves SNL
laugh.gif
those residuals should look pretty good also

kevin smith spoke really well about tracy morgan on the marc maron podcast , while completely sland bruce willis

about the set of "cop out"

interesting looking show....if it was on NBC i would almost guarantee it

would get axed by end of the first season....but cbs is in that jordan

early 90's zone

fred armisen , bill hader and jason sudeikes all leaving saturday night live

Damn. I dunno what's going to happen to SNL. Can't see it going on much longer.
People have said this for a decade now. Probably have been since after the original cast all left. SNL will continue on like it usually it does. It'll suck for a few seasons until they get some up n comers with some popularity or brand new fresh meat that are really funny.

I mean same thing was said when Poehler and Fey left and those ppl think that this current cast has sucked for a while now anyway.

Star Trek: Into The Darkness was... Amazing.

Cumberbatch killed it, Alice Eve is gorgeous... after that movie my "IT" gal right now, just wish there had been a bit more of her. Go.See.This.Film.

I'll post more tomorrow.

armisen was hilarious in his cameo in euro trip. dumb but hilarious. so was matt damon

kiss kiss bang bang and guide to recognizing saints were both awesome.

People have said this for a decade now. Probably have been since after the original cast all left. SNL will continue on like it usually it does. It'll suck for a few seasons until they get some up n comers with some popularity or brand new fresh meat that are really funny.

I mean same thing was said when Poehler and Fey left and those ppl think that this current cast has sucked for a while now anyway.

I dislike almost everyone on the cast now though. There's no stars that will step up and be "that" guy or girl IMO.

I dislike almost everyone on the cast now though. There's no stars that will step up and be "that" guy or girl IMO.

Yeah, I agree things don't look good for SNL right now. But it seemed pretty bleak in the 80s too for a while. After Eddie Murphy left they had ... Joe Piscopo? The show somehow came out of that, so I'm not ready to count it out yet.

Really want to see star trek and iron man havent been to the movies in a long time

Last edited:
So, I'm pervin out with my avy but it'll be okay when we get a place together and see where it leads.

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang is weird, but good. Love the constant narration by Downey throughout, and how things connect back and forth. A lot going on though, you almost gotta connect it yourself for a while. This must've been right before Val Kilmer turned into the Val Kilmer blimp.

Hoping David O. Russell can nail that one home, he's had recent success with Downey Jr. Yeah, he has some misses, but Leo does a great job at picking directors man, you can tell he's just searching ring/Oscar searching Vince Carter style.

Last edited:
Here it goes, Star Trek: Into The Darkness. Lets do it. :pimp:

Spoiler filled, so don't read until you've seen the movie OR don't care about any of this.

J.J. Abrams delivered on so many levels in this sequel. The Star Trek franchise, if he can keep pumping out entertaining (and more importantly, well done) sequels for as long as he wants to drag this out, will probably just end up being one of my favorite of all-time. I'm not a "trekkie" by any means, but the direction, effects, and storytelling in these movies so far have been spectacular. Abrams has been doing a great job of plucking actors in Hollywood that are close to blowing up.. for example...

Benedict Cumberbatch might just be on the cusp of stardom, man. We all know whether or not we've seen the show about his work in BBC's Sherlock, how that's highly praised, all of that. He conveys a lot with a simple look, and that's a crazy skill to possess if you're an actor. His speech when he was being held captive in the Enterprise about his people and how he was superior to Kirk, was nuts. His voice inflections and the way he just glared at Kirk like he was so ignorant and not worth anyone's time was perfect. The perfect guy to play Kahn, and I'm hoping he's not a goner and returns in the third, fourths, wherever Abrams ends up taking this.

Chris Pine was solid, and you're getting a sense he knows this right here is the peak of his career, the most famous role he'll ever hold. He was a high riser in 2009 when the first Star Trek was released, but ever since that released four years the only somewhat significant main roles he's played was in This Means War :smh:, and Unstoppable which many disagree on. With that in mind, he does a great job at playing Kirk, the brash, young gun that can't be held down. "I saved your life, you filed a report, I lost my ship." |I He and Quinto (guy who plays Spock) play so well off each other in these movies. And I really don't have to go into Quinto at all... he plays Spock to an absolute tee just like in the first, perfect casting. I was just :wow: when he was talking to Zoe Saldana about how he chooses not to feel after the annihilation of his planet, and hoping that she doesn't mistake that for him NOT caring. Brilliant.

And Alice Eve... I mean :wow: :evil: :smokin :pimp:

It would've been freaking nice if Abrams had more than one, 2 second scene with her in anything but a jumpsuit, but she is gorgeous nonetheless. I just want to thank him for not putting Hunger Games Jennifer Dunst in that role.

:rofl: at Harold being captain of the Enterprise. Thought that was pretty cool, especially when you can't get get the image out of your head of him and Kumar on the couch watching White Castle commercials. :lol:

Simon Pegg was brilliant as always. As he was running back and forth on the "enemy" ship speaking to Spock and Kirk. :lol:

THAT SCENE WHERE KIRK AND KAHN ARE SHOOTING THROUGH SPACE TRYING TO LAND ON THE SHIP. DAMN :smokin I want to see it in 3D JUST for that. And hell man, this is a must-see in 3D after seeing in 2D. You could tell there were so many things included that were specifically for 3D, and since we've heard from people in the business that this movie is breathtaking in 3D, I think it'd be worth the extra 3-4 bucks or whatever.

For a film that has a run time of 132 minutes, did anyone freaking notice? This was one of the quickest over 2-hour movies I've seen in a LONG time. The pacing was incredible, and the only flaws I say it had was that Captain Kirk surviving was pretty predictable. I mean, I don't think Abrams would have the balls to cut him out of the franchise two movies in when there's still so much money left to be made, even though it would have been kind of a fresh take on an age-old movie cliche (main characters always survive and live out in the end no matter the peril).

Couple questions I have, and they may not even be able to answer by us, we might just have to wait for the next one.

1.) Since Kirk received a blood transfusion from Kahn, is he going to live until he's 300 now...? They mentioned that Kahn was 300 because his cells constantly regenerate, and now that Kirk has his blood...

2.) Any doubt that Kahn is going to be in the other sequels? There's gotta be a reason they let him survive.

Really great summer film, but just film in general. It gets a hard 9.5/10 for me. Abrams delivered, and I can't wait until the next installment. :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom